Offer up for Tyson Chandler

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NOOB77
General Manager
And1: 3,288

Re: Offer up for Tyson Chandler 

Post#41 » by NOOB77 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:51 am

JDLAW wrote:Suns are not going to blow their cap space and a 1st round pick for Chandler. They saw what the rest of the world saw - a declining player that is injury prone. He is certainly not a double double player any more and his defense has slipped substantially.

Blowing up cap space? Chandler expires after next year so at worst you have a 14 million dollar expiring contract that you can either move or let expire and start over next year.

From the Suns perspective at the very worst it is a one year gamble.

The Knicks would do it because Chandler is not a triangle player and that is the system Phil wants to bring in.
Rob Rowell
Sixth Man
And1: 101

Post#42 » by Rob Rowell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:23 am

Warriors offer Andrew Bogut and Harrison Barnes for Tyson Chandler and Iman Shumpert
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#43 » by Boarder Patrol » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:46 am

Rob Rowell wrote:Warriors offer Andrew Bogut and Harrison Barnes for Tyson Chandler and Iman Shumpert

Pretty fair value, but screws up our 2015 cap space. Not sure either team does it just because teams get attached to their players and value them slightly higher than other teams would.
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#44 » by JDLAW » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:10 am

NYKfan77 wrote:
JDLAW wrote:Suns are not going to blow their cap space and a 1st round pick for Chandler. They saw what the rest of the world saw - a declining player that is injury prone. He is certainly not a double double player any more and his defense has slipped substantially.

Blowing up cap space? Chandler expires after next year so at worst you have a 14 million dollar expiring contract that you can either move or let expire and start over next year.

The Knicks would do it because Chandler is not a triangle player and that is the system Phil wants to bring in.

The Suns are not going to give the Knicks a first round pock and all of their cap space to take a $17M gamble. It is just a poor risk.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#45 » by Darren » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:48 am

Dallas offers Calderon (great 3 point shooter, adequate floor manager), Ellington (EXP, good 3 point shooter), Larkin (lightning quick PG, mid-first, 17th overall, 2013) and 2014 Dallas's 2nd for Chandler.
HotrodBeaubois
Veteran
And1: 196

Post#46 » by HotrodBeaubois » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:52 am

Darren wrote:Dallas offers Calderon (great 3 point shooter, adequate floor manager), Ellington (EXP, good 3 point shooter), Larkin (lightning quick PG, mid-first, 17th overall, 2013) and 2014 Dallas's 2nd for Chandler.

Dallas trades Calderon + Ellington + Mekel + 2015 Lotto protected 1st

After signing Deng fro $12 Million and Lowry for $12 Million
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#47 » by Laimbeer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:17 pm

Surprised and pleased by so many quality offers for Ty. Well paid, but he is a very quality player that could certainly help put a contender over the top.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,013

Post#48 » by R-DAWG » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:45 pm

JDLAW wrote:
NYKfan77 wrote:

The Suns are not going to give the Knicks a first round pock and all of their cap space to take a $17M gamble. It is just a poor risk.

A) its not a $17m gamble, it's a 14m gamble
B) how many players looked injury prone but excelled in PHX with their medical staff
C) in order to sign a player of Chandler's caliber it's going to cost more than Tyson does, maybe spread out over more years, but will still cost more.

So when you break it down it's really not a poor risk. It's a one year commitment and your risking 1 of 6 first round picks you have over 2 years.
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#49 » by JDLAW » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Appreciate your point of view - its just not happening. The Suns are not going to give the Knicks a 1st for a declining Tyson and his ginormous salary, even if it is just for a year.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#50 » by loserX » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:48 pm

JDLAW wrote:Appreciate your point of view - its just not happening. The Suns are not going to give the Knicks a 1st for a declining Tyson and his ginormous salary, even if it is just for a year.

Agree with this. If the Suns had some worse expirings to send back, then maybe. I even like the addition of Tyson...on paper.

But all that capspace and a pick? I don't see the Suns touching that at this point on their development arc.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#51 » by DowNY » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:52 pm

Boarder Patrol wrote:
Rob Rowell wrote:Warriors offer Andrew Bogut and Harrison Barnes for Tyson Chandler and Iman Shumpert

Pretty fair value, but screws up our 2015 cap space. Not sure either team does it just because teams get attached to their players and value them slightly higher than other teams would.

Get a 3rd team involved.

Knicks get - Harrison Barnes & Kendrick Perkins
Warriors get - Tyson Chandler & Reggie Jackson
Thunder get - Andrew Bogut & Iman Shumpert
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Post#52 » by bondom34 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:56 pm

DowNY wrote:
Boarder Patrol wrote:

Get a 3rd team involved.

Bogut's a FA.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#53 » by DowNY » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:57 pm

bondom34 wrote:
DowNY wrote:
Boarder Patrol wrote:

Get a 3rd team involved.

Bogut's a FA.

He is? I thought he signed an extension recently. It's a team opt out or something?
loserX
And1: 26,047

Post#54 » by loserX » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:57 pm

bondom34 wrote:
DowNY wrote:
Boarder Patrol wrote:

Get a 3rd team involved.

Bogut's a FA.

He got an extension! Which makes me think the Warriors aren't going to turn around and trade him anyway, at least not in a deal like this.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Post#55 » by bondom34 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:59 pm

^^^

My bad, forgot about that. BBR has him listed as expiring, and it threw me off. In that case, I'd have a hard time seeing him traded that quickly, but I wouldn't complain.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#56 » by Boarder Patrol » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:23 am

Asik is sent to Atlanta a lot in hypothetical deals, could Chandler work as well?

Chandler + value (Shumpert, Hardaway, 1st, etc.) for Millsap. What does NYK have to add specifically to Chandler?

Melo + Millsap could be absolutely deadly as a F combo.
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#57 » by Zion Wembanyama » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:24 pm

Gordon + Jackson + future pick
Chandler + Shumpert
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,013

Post#58 » by R-DAWG » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:03 pm

DowNY wrote:
Boarder Patrol wrote:

Get a 3rd team involved.

Golden State's actually another great spot for Chandler. The problem is the Knicks aren't taking back Bogut's salary. While there might be some interest in Lee his contract isn't great from NY's point of view and Chandler/Bogut wont work for GS, especially if they lose Barnes. Golden State might be in a situation where they made a mistake locking up Iggy and Bogut to big deals instead of playing it out and making a run at a better center when Lee's deal expires.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#59 » by iMoreland » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:11 pm

JaVale McGee, Darrell Arthur, 2014 2nd for Tyson Chandler
franktony
Analyst
And1: 1,492

Post#60 » by franktony » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:47 am

He should go back to the Mavs.

RC knows how to use him and he is a perfect fir for Dirk.
Shaq on Duncan:SA won because of TD, a guy I could never break.I could talk trash to Ewing, get in D-Rob's face, get a rise out of Mourning,but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and say:“Hey,Shaq, watch this shot right off the glass.”

Return to Trades and Transactions