Archie Goodwin value?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Archie Goodwin value?  

Post#1 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:14 pm

What's his worth, potential, ect...
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Re: Archie Goodwin value? 

Post#2 » by lakerhater » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Good questions, what are your thoughts on the matter?
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,166

Post#3 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:45 pm

As a throw-in to help balance teams and grease the wheels of a larger trade?
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#4 » by Smitty731 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:02 am

He's probably a throw in to make a trade work. Beyond that, he could fetch some second rounders or possibly a late first. I could see a team like Philly with a TON of space and picks to deal trying to grab him. That is the type of situation where they can kick the tires on a guy without really giving up any value.

I'd like to find out if the kid can really play. Personally, I think Phoenix should hang on to him and see if he is ready to play next year. They couldn't afford to play him this year in the playoff chase, so Ish Smith was the best choice. Next season, they might have a chance to play him off the bench behind Dragic/Bledsoe.
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Post#5 » by NaturalBuns » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:22 am

I'm still high on this guy.
Dragic and Bledsoe just became really good
And green had a breakout year.

I know it's not the nba but he killed the summer league and dleague.
Hopefully he makes strides this summer Jeff horncek has been working with him Aton
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

A's over Royals. Lester and experience will prove that he's worth the trade.

Tigers winning it all. Tigers are, imo, peaking at the right time.
Orens
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#6 » by Orens » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:31 am

I wouldn't trade him, he's a good kid with great tools, enormous upside, and is only going to be 20 by next season. He showed a lot of prosmise when he had the chance, but playing behind three MIP candidates he just didn't have much.
No reason to sell low on him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using RealGM Forums mobile app
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#7 » by JDLAW » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:05 pm

Orens wrote:I wouldn't trade him, he's a good kid with great tools, enormous upside, and is only going to be 20 by next season. He showed a lot of prosmise when he had the chance, but playing behind three MIP candidates he just didn't have much.
No reason to sell low on him.

Agreed. The Suns are not going to trade him for 2nd rounders and are not going to throw him in to balance a deal. They are very high on both Goodwin and Len. They are not likely to go anywhere.
Illmatic21
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 554

Post#8 » by Illmatic21 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Classic example of entering the draft too early
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#9 » by skones » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Illmatic21 wrote:Classic example of entering the draft too early

I don't think this is necessarily fair given the situation he was in. With the arrival of the Harrison twins and the hype they had surrounding them prior to this season, there was a high likelihood of his playing time being cut from the 31.8 mpg he played as a freshman. It's difficult for a lot of young guys to establish a level of consistency in a reserve role and his stock could have slipped even further than the end of the first round where he was taken last season.

With that being said, he's a throw in, but I do like him.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,542

Post#10 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:50 pm

skones wrote:
Illmatic21 wrote:Classic example of entering the draft too early

I don't think this is necessarily fair given the situation he was in. With the arrival of the Harrison twins and the hype they had surrounding them prior to this season, there was a high likelihood of his playing time being cut from the 31.8 mpg he played as a freshman. It's difficult for a lot of young guys to establish a level of consistency in a reserve role and his stock could have slipped even further than the end of the first round where he was taken last season.

With that being said, he's a throw in, but I do like him.

Yeah, I think this is more the classic example of a -- it might not be lotto money, but get guaranteed money when you can. Going dy DX's mock for instance, McGary, Roinson, Austin, Young all end 2nd rounders.
Orens
Sophomore

Post#11 » by Orens » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:35 pm

We don't mind him entering the draft too early, he's a great investment for another 3 years of a low 1st round rookie scale. McD knew he was drafting a project, so even if the Suns surpassed all expectations there's abseloutely no reason to trade him as a throw-in, like the Pacers traded Miles Plumlee - and he's even half a decade younger than the latter.

mg
General Manager
And1: 4,027

Post#12 » by mg » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:58 pm

I like his talent. His biggest mistake was probably going to such a stacked Kentucky team where basically he had to be one and done. Could've been a top 10 top talent in the draft if he went to another program and polished his game in college for a few years. I like his fire. Unfortunately he probably doesn't have any trade value although I think he has loads of potential but probably won't get the minutes in PHX. Maybe he pulls a Gerald Green and will finally flourish on another team a few years down the road.
Orens
Sophomore

Post#13 » by Orens » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:18 pm

:wink:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHrE55vcmZo[/youtube]
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,818

Post#14 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:30 pm

skones nailed it. Phoenix should add him to the grab-bag of firsts in an attempt to add another quality piece, but if they don't need him in a bigger deal, I'd hold him rather than dump him for a 2nd at this point(no one is giving you a first).
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Orens
Sophomore

Post#15 » by Orens » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:20 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:skones nailed it. Phoenix should add him to the grab-bag of firsts in an attempt to add another quality piece, but if they don't need him in a bigger deal, I'd hold him rather than dump him for a 2nd at this point(no one is giving you a first).

The Suns will only trade him if the are about to land Kevin Love or another big-time player.
No one is trading him just for the sake of trading him.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,818

Post#16 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:22 pm

isnt that exactly what I said?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
ATF
Junior
And1: 40

Post#17 » by ATF » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:44 pm

As sweetener for that elusive star trade. Otherwise, as pointed out there's no reason to move him so early. And apart from being a steal in McDonough's eyes, he's like a little brother to Bledsoe who you know will lobby for him. Archie is a future fan-favorite in Phoenix.
Suns.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,548

Post#18 » by Devilanche » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:isnt that exactly what I said?

yeap
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
asudevil
Analyst
And1: 689

Post#19 » by asudevil » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:24 am

Orens wrote::wink:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHrE55vcmZo[/youtube]

I know this was against the Kings, but watching those highlights he did NOT look like a 19 year old rookie

Return to Trades and Transactions