LAL-DET

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

LAL-DET 

Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:29 am

Smith for Nash and filler (some combo of Young/Sacre/Marshall)

Detroit acquires a positive push/influence for Jennings.

Lakers acquire a quality piece to go with Kobe and a max free agent.
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Re: LAL-DET 

Post#2 » by tviper » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:31 am

LAL has no interest in tying up cap space with JSmith. Nash comes off the books (or retires) next year, so no reason to prolong the pain. Don't see Smith as a core piece going forward. There is a reason Dumars "resigned" or whatever they are calling it today. And also, FYI Young will be a FA after he declines PO.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#3 » by dVs33 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:56 am

Kobe seems like the type of guy that could get Smith to actually play to his potential and Nash could do the same for jennings.
some variant of this could be a win win IMO>
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#4 » by AdonisDeMarion » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:34 pm

I like how LA has to sweeten the pot and we have to take on Smith horrid contract too... no ma'am pam I don't want any of that ham
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#5 » by Smitty731 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:03 am

I'm sticking with the thought that the Lakers do nothing that impacts their cap space, until they see how FA starts. They aren't going to take chances with Kobe's last couple of years. They have space (or the potential to have space is far more accurate, as they don't just have it) for the first time in forever. They are going to use that to try and put a contender back together. Kobe might murder everyone otherwise. That dude is not built to handle losing.
Bakuto
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,301

Post#6 » by Bakuto » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:10 am

AdonisDeMarion wrote:I like how LA has to sweeten the pot and we have to take on Smith horrid contract too... no ma'am pam I don't want any of that ham

I like how LA has to take on Smith's contract and you just claimed that you're actually part of the ones who pay him. :lol:
Kobe System wrote:I won't touch Drummond's contract. I'd rather have Deng and Mozgov's contract tbh.

Collymore wrote:Jay Tatum is a better prospect than Lebron James was at his age.

:noway:
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#7 » by LApwnd » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:36 am

dVs33 wrote:Kobe seems like the type of guy that could get Smith to actually play to his potential and Nash could do the same for jennings.

Nash would retire if traded to Det….so you guys benefit on the spot. Det needs to sweeten the pot by a lot.
WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,330

Post#8 » by WhatsaTDot » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:56 am

LApwnd wrote:
dVs33 wrote:Kobe seems like the type of guy that could get Smith to actually play to his potential and Nash could do the same for jennings.

Nash would retire if traded to Det….so you guys benefit on the spot. Det needs to sweeten the pot by a lot.

Pretty sure is going to collect his 9mil before he retires.

This place is insufferable.
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#9 » by Laimbeer » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:23 pm

LApwnd wrote:

He's been pretty clear the last year is about cashing the checks.
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#10 » by AdonisDeMarion » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:41 am

Catalysm wrote:
AdonisDeMarion wrote:I like how LA has to sweeten the pot and we have to take on Smith horrid contract too... no ma'am pam I don't want any of that ham

I like how LA has to take on Smith's contract and you just claimed that you're actually part of the ones who pay him. :lol:

I was talking about the team, I'm a fan of the team so its apart of me. I'm sure the team you go for is apart you as well or not, but I love my team so yes "we" is the right word to use.

back to what I was saying the Pistons would need to sweeting the pot. Smith as a player is nice, but his contract is the bad part, so they would need to add Monroe to the deal for LA to take on Smith
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#11 » by microfib4thewin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:06 am

Easy no. Josh Smith has no positive value to any team let alone the Lakers who has a barebone roster. I'd rather extend Nash's deal to two more years than take on Smith.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#12 » by LApwnd » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:17 am

Laimbeer wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

yes if its with the Lakers...he's also hinted he wont do it anywhere else.
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#13 » by Laimbeer » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:10 am

LApwnd wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

yes if its with the Lakers...he's also hinted he wont do it anywhere else.

Interesting situation. The Lakers could move him with a very small asset, with the trade partner anticipating he'll retire (2nd swap?). Of course, the trade partner couldn't be assured he really would retire.

Return to Trades and Transactions