wolves and bulls (love for gibson and picks)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,494

Re: wolves and bulls (love for gibson and picks) 

Post#21 » by jayjaysee » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:57 pm

oyoyer wrote:
AQuintus wrote:
oyoyer wrote:Also, let's not forget, Love has ONE MORE YEAR on his deal.

How much time did Carmelo Anthony have left on his contract when he was traded? Deron Williams? Dwight Howard?

And yet they all got more back in a trade then what people are offering for Love.

Melo signed a 3 year extension. DWill had a year and a half left. Howard had a year left. Hence Howard is the comparable. Lakers gave up Bynum, a 1st, and a 2nd.

Now my offer is different from the OP, but is almost identical to what the Jazz got for Deron: Gibson (Favors), Mirotic (Kanter), Dunleavy (Harris), and 19 (Dieng). That is clearly more than he is worth at one year left, and probably more than you will get offered. Because of that, the rest of us understand if Minny would rather just keep him and pray to resign him. But realize that's all it is, a prayer. Now if Love agrees to an extension as part of the deal, then you can demand more.

Did you just compare Gibson to rookie huge ceiling Favors?

I can get Mirotic/Kanter as "Kanter" was just a high value draft pick and Mirotic is as well..

But we've finally see Taj get overrated. For 2 years he's been so disgustingly underrated that I guess it's fair.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Trades and Transactions