PHI/LAL/PHX draft day trade

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

1AndDone
Sophomore
And1: 5

Re: PHI/LAL/PHX draft day trade 

Post#21 » by 1AndDone » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:32 pm

kingstyyyle wrote:
1AndDone wrote:
kingstyyyle wrote:No way in hell the Suns trade 3 1st's to move up 4 places let alone help out the Lakers at the same time. Value is way off.

You read it wrong. They trade one first. 14+27 for 10. Essentially, they give up the 27th pick so they can move up four spots from 14 to 10. They still keep the 18th pick under this scenario.

So instead of having 14, 18 and 27...
they have 10 and 18

I 'spose Suns would be down if we can't get a star with the picks. I wonder what pick could be had for the 10th and 14th picks? Probably going to have to leave the Lakers out though
Sixers trade 10
Suns trade 14 and 27th
I'm guessing part of the reason for trading the pick is to clear Young off the books though?

You got it!
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#22 » by LApwnd » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:39 pm

1AndDone wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
1AndDone wrote:

top-5: Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, Randle, Exum

who in the draft, outside of the top-5, is going to average 18 points, 6 boards, 2 steals?

he also shoots 45% from the field and 30% from 3's....those are terrible for a PF and as PF he'll get abused on a regular basis being in the west.

I understand. I'm not comparing Young to every forward in the league. I'm comparing Young to the players who will be available at no. 6 such as : Marcus Smart, Noah Vonleh, Aaron Gordon, Kyle Anderson, Gary Harris. I like all those guys as prospects but not for next year's Lakers. Young may not be ideal but he would be way better than any of those guys on a next year/two year basis.

how bout my counter?

Phi- gets 6th or 7th and i'm at least 99% sure Nash would agree to buy out or retire, nothing against Philly, he just wants to be close to his family.

LA-well we get out of Nash contract 1 year sooner move back 4 spots but get the the 14thpick as compensation and Phi earliest 2nd

Pho-only gives up 1 1st and gets someone that should be alot better then the 14th pick in Young.
kingstyyyle
Senior
And1: 179

Post#23 » by kingstyyyle » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:01 pm

LApwnd wrote:
1AndDone wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
he also shoots 45% from the field and 30% from 3's....those are terrible for a PF and as PF he'll get abused on a regular basis being in the west.

I understand. I'm not comparing Young to every forward in the league. I'm comparing Young to the players who will be available at no. 6 such as : Marcus Smart, Noah Vonleh, Aaron Gordon, Kyle Anderson, Gary Harris. I like all those guys as prospects but not for next year's Lakers. Young may not be ideal but he would be way better than any of those guys on a next year/two year basis.

how bout my counter?

Phi- gets 6th or 7th and i'm at least 99% sure Nash would agree to buy out or retire, nothing against Philly, he just wants to be close to his family.

LA-well we get out of Nash contract 1 year sooner move back 4 spots but get the the 14thpick as compensation and Phi earliest 2nd

Pho-only gives up 1 1st and gets someone that should be alot better then the 14th pick in Young.

I don't think the Suns are interested in Young (we probably could've traded for him at the deadline to help our playoff chances). The Suns are looking for a lagit star or trading up in the draft
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,806

Post#24 » by spree8 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:38 pm

Probably a stupid question I know, but gotta ask (since I'm thinking of ideas for my new Laker 2k14 season)....any chance the Suns would consider Bledsoe for the Lakers pick if it stayed @ #6? The hometown Gordon would be cool there, plus they get out of giving Eric a big contract extension. Don't flame me please lol.
kingstyyyle
Senior

Post#25 » by kingstyyyle » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:46 pm

spree8 wrote:Probably a stupid question I know, but gotta ask (since I'm thinking of ideas for my new Laker 2k14 season)....any chance the Suns would consider Bledsoe for the Lakers pick if it stayed @ #6? The hometown Gordon would be cool there, plus they get out of giving Eric a big contract extension. Don't flame me please lol.

I don't think so. There have been several trades mentioned where the Suns use their 3 1st rounder's to trade up to 7 so trading our 2nd best player for the 6 probably isn't plausible. We also have a ton of cap space next season so paying Bledsoe shouldn't be a problem. How sweet would it be for the Suns to win 48 games and then add the 7th overall pick to their young core next year?
spree8
RealGM

Post#26 » by spree8 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:01 am

kingstyyyle wrote:
spree8 wrote:Probably a stupid question I know, but gotta ask (since I'm thinking of ideas for my new Laker 2k14 season)....any chance the Suns would consider Bledsoe for the Lakers pick if it stayed @ #6? The hometown Gordon would be cool there, plus they get out of giving Eric a big contract extension. Don't flame me please lol.

I don't think so. There have been several trades mentioned where the Suns use their 3 1st rounder's to trade up to 7 so trading our 2nd best player for the 6 probably isn't plausible. We also have a ton of cap space next season so paying Bledsoe shouldn't be a problem. How sweet would it be for the Suns to win 48 games and then add the 7th overall pick to their young core next year?

Thanks for the feedback bud. One of the most surprising teams (especially being in the West) this year for sure, but given the talent it shouldn't have been all that shocking. To be able to pull off a trade to land a top lotto pick this year would be pretty damn sick. I know I'd be watching them a little more next season on my league pass haha.
kingstyyyle
Senior

Post#27 » by kingstyyyle » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:06 am

spree8 wrote:
kingstyyyle wrote:

Thanks for the feedback bud. One of the most surprising teams (especially being in the West) this year for sure, but given the talent it shouldn't have been all that shocking. To be able to pull off a trade to land a top lotto pick this year would be pretty damn sick. I know I'd be watching them a little more next season on my league pass haha.

No problem. I'd be surprised if we didn't trade the picks for something valuable. We can also spend up to 20 mil. before we sign Bledsoe so I expect us to be even better next year.
spree8
RealGM

Post#28 » by spree8 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:19 am

kingstyyyle wrote:
spree8 wrote:
kingstyyyle wrote:I don't think so. There have been several trades mentioned where the Suns use their 3 1st rounder's to trade up to 7 so trading our 2nd best player for the 6 probably isn't plausible. We also have a ton of cap space next season so paying Bledsoe shouldn't be a problem. How sweet would it be for the Suns to win 48 games and then add the 7th overall pick to their young core next year?

No problem. I'd be surprised if we didn't trade the picks for something valuable. We can also spend up to 20 mil. before we sign Bledsoe so I expect us to be even better next year.

I can see that too. With the #7, you can definitely trade for a legit player to help get to the next level (playoffs), and that cap space is serious because you can obviously sign someone outright or take back up to a max contract in a trade for that lotto pick (if they successfully trade up for one). Or they draft that potential top pick and sign a top FA. Many possibilities for the Suns. Should be a helluva offseason for you guys lol.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,473

Post#29 » by youngcrev » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:09 am

bondom34 wrote:
1AndDone wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I don't think LA has a reason to trade for Young.

Why?

They want their cap space cleared for the year before his contract expires.
And he's not worth the number 6 pick (consider that Hawes was traded for a second round pick, and is probably a better or equal player).

He's a lot better than Spencer Hawes, but the rest is true.
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,107

Post#30 » by JB2 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:36 am

1AndDone wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
1AndDone wrote:

top-5: Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, Randle, Exum

who in the draft, outside of the top-5, is going to average 18 points, 6 boards, 2 steals?

Lakers laugh this offer off the phone
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#31 » by JDLAW » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:06 am

LApwnd wrote:
1AndDone wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

how bout my counter?

Suns have no interest in Young. He is not appreciably better than the current Suns forwards, if at all and does not warrant the 14th pick in the draft and the absorption of $9+M in salary.
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#32 » by AdonisDeMarion » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:08 am

wow this is one of those trades that makes you wonder is the OP....never mind
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#33 » by bondom34 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:31 am

youngcrev wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
1AndDone wrote:

Why?

They want their cap space cleared for the year before his contract expires.
And he's not worth the number 6 pick (consider that Hawes was traded for a second round pick, and is probably a better or equal player).

He's a lot better than Spencer Hawes, but the rest is true.

His contract is a little bigger though (I think, not sure off the top of my head).
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
1AndDone
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#34 » by 1AndDone » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:52 am

AdonisDeMarion wrote:wow this is one of those trades that makes you wonder is the OP....never mind

Considering almost 100% of the trades proposed on this site don't happen, I'm not offended. But talking about the OP means you have nothing to say about basketball. Let's talk about basketball...I'm interested to know what the Lakers could do with this pick...
AdonisDeMarion
Bench Warmer
And1: 121

Post#35 » by AdonisDeMarion » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:37 pm

1AndDone wrote:
AdonisDeMarion wrote:wow this is one of those trades that makes you wonder is the OP....never mind

Considering almost 100% of the trades proposed on this site don't happen, I'm not offended. But talking about the OP means you have nothing to say about basketball. Let's talk about basketball...I'm interested to know what the Lakers could do with this pick...

the trade was horrid for LA, as for the pick they should keep it

Return to Trades and Transactions