NO-BOS-NY

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 767

NO-BOS-NY 

Post#1 » by lordjeff05 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:05 am

This is a rehashed trade with NY in the mix.

NO gives: Eric Gordon
gets: Jeff Green, Gerald Wallace, Keith Bogans
BOS gives: Green, Wallace
gets: Amare
NY gives: Amare
gets: Bogans, Gordon

For Nola, spends more money this year to get a better fit.

For Boston, cut massive money next year.

For NY turns Amare in to pretty serious cap savings this year and a player that can play starting SG in the triangle.
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Re: NO-BOS-NY 

Post#2 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:05 am

Pelicans say yes. But I don't see this working for Boston
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#3 » by NashtyNas » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:12 am

Why is Bogans incoming for NO AND NY?

I think if anyone says no, it's NO and not BOS.
BOS cuts Wallace AND Green's salary with absolutely no incentive.
How long is Gordon's deal? If he's a year longer than Amar'e, then NY says no too.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
enzino
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#4 » by enzino » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Green/Wallace contracts are not 5 years deals. We are talkin about 2 years lenght contracts and, as regards Jeff Green, of good player that are not making max money (as Gordon or Stoud do).

C's are fine with Green and do not want to get rid of him
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,007

Post#5 » by Rockazoids » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:57 pm

Why would NY want Gordon @ SG when they have THJ, Shumpert, JR & Wayne Ellington?
Do they need 5 SG's?
Why would NY want to take on $15.5 M more cap in 2015/16 ?
Do you know Amar'e played more game than Gordon last year?
A few thing you should know before trying to trade Gordon to NY.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#6 » by BleedGreen1989 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:29 pm

enzino wrote:Green/Wallace contracts are not 5 years deals. We are talkin about 2 years lenght contracts and, as regards Jeff Green, of good player that are not making max money (as Gordon or Stoud do).

You could put this in your sig and people still won't quite get it.
bs_and_cs
Analyst
And1: 2,843

Post#7 » by bs_and_cs » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:41 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:
enzino wrote:Green/Wallace contracts are not 5 years deals. We are talkin about 2 years lenght contracts and, as regards Jeff Green, of good player that are not making max money (as Gordon or Stoud do).

Seriously.

Jeff Green has his flaws. But his contract isn't one. It's not a steal, but not even close to a bad contract. Certainly a cap neutral deal. The Celtics won't trade him unless they get something for him.
lordjeff05
Veteran

Post#8 » by lordjeff05 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:32 pm

The trade doesn't assume that Jeff green is worth nothing. The argument is that getting rid of Wallace's contract is worth getting rid of green.

And yes amare played one more game than Gordon with fewer and he's a bad fit next to melo plus he's bad for the triangle.

As for the glut of guards, shumpert is not long for that team and the question is whether it is worth it to take a chance on Gordon improving off of last year. Not saying it's unassailable but that's the argument.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
bs_and_cs
Analyst
And1: 2,843

Post#9 » by bs_and_cs » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:42 pm

lordjeff05 wrote:The trade doesn't assume that Jeff green is worth nothing. The argument is that getting rid of Wallace's contract is worth getting rid of green.

And yes amare played one more game than Gordon with fewer and he's a bad fit next to melo plus he's bad for the triangle.

As for the glut of guards, shumpert is not long for that team and the question is whether it is worth it to take a chance on Gordon improving off of last year. Not saying it's unassailable but that's the argument.

Then we go back to the point, why the heck would the Celtics pay this much to get rid of Gerald Wallace's contract this offseason (ie a solid start in Jeff Green AND paying Amare Stoudemire 23 million actual dollars) when next year they could pay significantly less to get rid of Wallace's expiring contract?
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#10 » by BleedGreen1989 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:45 pm

lordjeff05 wrote:The trade doesn't assume that Jeff green is worth nothing. The argument is that getting rid of Wallace's contract is worth getting rid of green.

That's a valid point. I think me and my fellow C fans were just getting off on a tangent so to speak.

I like Green and value his ability more than most. Also, after seeing some of the contracts given out this summer, Jeff Green at under $10mill is good value.
enzino
Veteran

Post#11 » by enzino » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:50 pm

bs_and_cs wrote:
BleedGreen1989 wrote:

Seriously.

Jeff Green has his flaws. But his contract isn't one. It's not a steal, but not even close to a bad contract. Certainly a cap neutral deal. The Celtics won't trade him unless they get something for him.

this

additionally, consider that he can add size to an undersized lineup. along side sully, rondo, bradley (or smart) that's the type of SF you need
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,498

Post#12 » by jayjaysee » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:51 pm

bs_and_cs wrote:

Then we go back to the point, why the heck would the Celtics pay this much to get rid of Gerald Wallace's contract this offseason (ie a solid start in Jeff Green AND paying Amare Stoudemire 23 million actual dollars) when next year they could pay significantly less to get rid of Wallace's expiring contract?

I think this is a move the Celtics would definitely do - IF - Rondo signed an extension and agreed to this year being a tank. I don't know how that would work, whether he'd miss a lot of games or maybe an over-exaggerated injury keeps him out til march.. But if the idea was pitched that Boston tanks this year and has cap space for two max free agents to add to Rondo, Smart, Bradley, Sullinger, Olynyk, and another top 7 pick.. Then I think Boston considers Green's value equal to dumping Wallace.

But if the team is A) actually rebuilding and shopping Rondo - it is not worth it. or B) not rebuilding but looking to add free agents next season - not worth it.

As far as NYK's Glut at guards..

Why take a chance on Gordon coming back when they could take a chance on Hardaway improving or Shumpert coming back to life? I think 13 million dollars cap space and Hardaway sound much better than Gordon to a team pretty desperate for talent and tightly capped.. And I don't even like the Knicks.

Does NYK even still plan to be free agent players with Melo and Calderon locked up next season?
enzino
Veteran

Post#13 » by enzino » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:53 pm

if C's want to get rid of Wallace contract they can just apply the stretch provision and drop half of his salary (more or less) which is, btw, 2 years only
enuggz
Starter
And1: 5

Post#14 » by enuggz » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:15 pm

From Boston's perspective I'm fine with either not doing the deal at all or cutting NY out and taking the risk on Gordon ever being 100% again.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Bac2Basics wrote:*Documentary Voice*
The lockout affected them all a little differently, a couple of them went completely stark raving nuts.
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#15 » by Boarder Patrol » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:23 pm

NY doesn't need five SGs. And I'd rather Amare than Gordon, easy no.
lordjeff05
Veteran

Post#16 » by lordjeff05 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:52 pm

If Wallace got stretched this year it's 5 years until his contract is paid off, 3 years if you stretch it next year.

Also, I understand the frustration c's fans have with Jeff green trades. I obviously think he had value otherwise i wouldn't propose a thousand Jeff green trades. I'm just trying to measure exactly how much value is there. Most Pels fans would consider it an overpay but I would trade Green for Ryan Anderson without blinking. That's how good of a fit I think he is on this team. But I've been blathering about a holiday, Evans, green , Davis, asik starting 5 for over a year.

AmareNY
Banned User
And1: 167

Post#17 » by AmareNY » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:58 pm

Phil Jackson looking to open up cap space for 2015, he is not looking to add salary.

Return to Trades and Transactions