Dalembert and JR for Fields and Hayes

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Dalembert and JR for Fields and Hayes 

Post#1 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:09 am

Toronto gets two substantial upgrades.
NY gets rid of JRs 2015 salary.

Toronto
Lowry l Vasquez
Derozen l JR l L.Williams
Ross l Johnson l Cabola
Johnson l Patterson l Hansbrough
Jonas l Dalembert l Noqueria

NY
Calderon l.Prigioni l Larkin
Hardaway l Shumpert
Melo l Outlaw l Fields
Amare l Bargnani l Acy
J.Smith l Hayes
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Re: Dalembert and JR for Fields and Hayes 

Post#2 » by cammac » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:19 am

Toronto would do it Dalembert is a adequate back-up C and JR while a enigma can be a dynamic player in the right situation. Fields would work well in the triangle offense and Hayes while inadequate offensively has positioning skills and decent rebounding.

The biggest problem would to find minutes for JR but undoubtedly would make Toronto the deepest team in the NBA.
CBFAlex
Rookie
And1: 69

Post#3 » by CBFAlex » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:47 am

I dont see any reason knicks do this, trade their starting C just to dump JR, I know they save future money but I just dont see it
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#4 » by Rockazoids » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:51 am

CBFAlex wrote:I dont see any reason knicks do this, trade their starting C just to dump JR, I know they save future money but I just dont see it

The Knicks get real bad real fast.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
samuraix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,726

Post#5 » by samuraix » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:41 am

Rockazoids wrote:
CBFAlex wrote:I dont see any reason knicks do this, trade their starting C just to dump JR, I know they save future money but I just dont see it

How much worse can they get?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,821

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:09 am

I like mine better :D

Kidding. Actually Toronto probably makes more sense than OKC because Im not sure OKC wants to take on Smith's last year with the Jackson situation looming. My only concern with your version is Dalembert does much better when he's a starter and tends to pout when he comes off the bench. And he can't in Toronto.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,186

Post#7 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:06 am

I would do this if I am Toronto then flip Williams to a team at the deadline for some incentive. I bet Masai will get another pick from New York

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
AmareNY
Banned User
And1: 167

Post#8 » by AmareNY » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:01 am

JR been working his tail off this offseason, he is looking to cash in as a FA. With that said, I would still think long & hard about trading his azz away.
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#9 » by Boarder Patrol » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:49 pm

NYK trades the two better players just for a CHANCE that JR opts in and takes up 6 million in cap space (which, for a focused JR, is a bargain). This significantly lowers our teams ceiling and helps out a division rival, all when JR is probably off the books anyway.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#10 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:57 pm

I think that New York is giving up a little much in terms of value as Daly and a non crazy Smith are easily the best two players in the deal with the only incentive being some potential cap savings if Smith opted in next summer.

From Toronto's standpoint,
They made the playoffs based on team chemistry and buying into their coach's system, I wouldn't be in a rush to add JR Smith to that locker room.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
skflives
Banned User
And1: 281

Post#11 » by skflives » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:19 pm

samuraix wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:

How much worse can they get?

They only had the 11th worst record last year so there is still room to fall. With that being said I wouldn't mind seeing them tumble a bit lower. 2015 is a year we'll actually have a first rounder so it would be nice to have a high lotto pick again. For that reason alone I'd consider this deal.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,491

Post#12 » by jayjaysee » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:30 pm

I think its something NYK only do on one of the last days before the trade deadline...

If JR is having a great year as said, and is looking for a payday, and the Knicks are sitting with the 6th-8th spot (that seems their very best case scenario).. The Knicks have to take the risk and keep him for the playoff push and assume he opts out.

If the Knicks are 5-6+ games out of the playoff race and JR is having a decent year - then they should definitely do this..

For the Raptors - it is adding talent but this is the last year they will have cap space for a few years atleast.. Is JR the guy you want to tank on to ruin this last chance? I know Toronto isn't a big free agent destination, but still.. Without Amir they have 8 players combining for 47 million.. If they do dump Vasquez, they'd be able to bring back Amir at 8-10 mil and bringing in another 10-12 mil free agent.

Not sure if the upgrade is worth it.. But if Toronto does feel Jonas/Amir/Ross-Demar/Lowry is as good a starting line up as they can put together this offseason, then yeah Toronto should do it. They are trading 0 for two upgrades.

Return to Trades and Transactions