Cavs-Hawks

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

CBFAlex
Rookie
And1: 69

Cavs-Hawks 

Post#1 » by CBFAlex » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:50 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qa6nf7j

Cavs Trade Dion Waiters John Lucas (ungurenteed)

for

Kyle Korver, and Pero Antic

As a Cavs fan I know this is less than Dion is worth but I feel this fits our team better, Korver would be great here, The best spot up shooter would be wide open all day, Pero Antic can be a solid back up center to provide some defense

Irving/Delly (I hope they try an sign Sessions)
Korver/Miller/Jones
James/Marion
KLove/TT
Varejao/Antic/Haywood

Thoughts?
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Re: Cavs-Hawks 

Post#2 » by Takingbaconback » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:56 am

Cavs have to add decent chunk to that. Korver has a very team friendly contract and is one of the best, if not the best shooter in the NBA. Antic also has a dirty cheap contract and looked like a keeper last year. Kind of crazy these two players will be making the same amount of money as Dion Waiters for next 2 years, I would rather just keep the two.

At least the memphis 1st round has to be added to be considered.

Maybe Dion Waiters + 1st round Memphis for Kyle Korver?
jakeKCMO816
Banned User
And1: 107

Post#3 » by jakeKCMO816 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:57 am

espn trade machine is as reliable as my 1999 honda accord
CBFAlex
Rookie

Post#4 » by CBFAlex » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:59 am

jakeKCMO816 wrote:espn trade machine is as reliable as my 1999 honda accord

I terms of? their projected wins? or following CBA rules?
CAVS ARE BACK
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#5 » by CAVS ARE BACK » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:03 am

Takingbaconback wrote:Maybe Dion Waiters + 1st round Memphis for Kyle Korver?

You keep acting like Waiters and that pick are cheap throw-ins. Waiters > Korver, I mean come on Korver is 33 and due two more years.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#6 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:03 am

You may not want to hear my thoughts..lol

Pero Antic > UNG contracts

Pero is a stretch 5 which is hard to come by. He is Horfords insurance back up.

It's hard to gauge the waiters for Korver swap. ATL needs another shot creator like waiters because the only shot creator we have is Teague. But a straight swap of waiters for Korver wouldn't even get it done. There just isn't a spot up shooter in the NBA like Korver. Made the initial USA roster, survived first cut, and shot 47% from the 3 last season which is just freaking amazing. He's a huge part of our success and I personally value him more than Teague.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:06 am

CAVS ARE BACK wrote:

You keep acting like Waiters and that pick are cheap throw-ins. Waiters > Korver, I mean come on Korver is 33 and due two more years.

Depends on how you asses your team situation.

Korver for the next 2-3 years >>> Waiters for the next 2-3 years
CAVS ARE BACK
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#8 » by CAVS ARE BACK » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:07 am

PMOTT3 wrote:
CAVS ARE BACK wrote:

Korver's going to be 36. He'll be completely useless by then.
CBFAlex
Rookie

Post#9 » by CBFAlex » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:08 am

PMOTT3 wrote:
CAVS ARE BACK wrote:

I know Im biased but seems Waiters im more valuable, elite scorer from anywhere and only 22, I mean obviously hes not the shooter Korver is, but in Atlanta id bet he'd easily be the top scorer, I can see him dropping 20+ a game
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:11 am

CAVS ARE BACK wrote:
PMOTT3 wrote:
CAVS ARE BACK wrote:You keep acting like Waiters and that pick are cheap throw-ins. Waiters > Korver, I mean come on Korver is 33 and due two more years.

No he won't. It's not like he is a super athletic guy with hops that drives to the basket each game. That would put some serious wear and tear on his legs and he would most likely be done by now if that was the case. His legs will be fine and he stays healthy and is in incredible shape.
CBFAlex
Rookie

Post#11 » by CBFAlex » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:13 am

PMOTT3 wrote:
CAVS ARE BACK wrote:
PMOTT3 wrote:

No he won't. It's not like he is a super athletic guy with hops that drives to the basket each game. That would put some serious wear and tear on his legs and he would most likely be done by now if that was the case. His legs will be fine and he stays healthy and is in incredible shape.

Ill agree with that, doesnt take alot to spot up shoot, look at ray allen at 39 (note: One reason I made this trade is I dont think Allen will end up joining cavs just a hunch)
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:18 am

CBFAlex wrote:
PMOTT3 wrote:
CAVS ARE BACK wrote:Korver's going to be 36. He'll be completely useless by then.

Ill agree with that, doesnt take alot to spot up shoot, look at ray allen at 39 (note: One reason I made this trade is I dont think Allen will end up joining cavs just a hunch)

Really? I think he would actually like the idea of being a part of Lebrons big three version 2.0 lol. I think the only reason he hasn't confirmed anything yet is family reasons. Now that love is officially a cav I see Ray coming to Cleveland in 1-2 weeks.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Takingbaconback » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:22 am

CAVS ARE BACK wrote:

How is Waiters > Korver?

Korver is one of the best shooters, if not the best shooter in the NBA. Also he has 3 more years left not 2. Waiters shot sub 70% from FT line last year and 71.4% for his two years, let's not act like this guy is some jesus waiting to emerge. Yeah I love potential more than the next guy but he doesn't have height, doesn't have speed, doesn't have unique athleticism, and hasn't provided substantial production.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:27 am

Takingbaconback wrote:
CAVS ARE BACK wrote:

How is Waiters > Korver?

Korver is one of the best shooters, if not the best shooter in the NBA. Also he has 3 more years left not 2. Waiters shot sub 70% from FT line last year and 71.4% for his two years, let's not act like this guy is some jesus waiting to emerge. Yeah I love potential more than the next guy but he doesn't have height, doesn't have speed, doesn't have unique athleticism, and hasn't provided substantial production.

THIS ^

THANK YOU.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
CBFAlex
Rookie

Post#15 » by CBFAlex » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:03 am

As good as Korver is, Dion Rookie year he scored more ppg then Korver ever has, Did Korver shoot more efficently sure, but overall Korver best season wasnt as good as Dion 1st or second year and that with dion coming off the bench most of the time
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#16 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:03 am

This stinks for the Cavs
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
bgrep14
Veteran
And1: 211

Post#17 » by bgrep14 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:06 am

Korver makes the miller and jones signing super redundant. Why would you wanna give up a 22yr old under a rookie contract that just avg 17 pts a game last year for 33 yr year old sg?!? Common Man!!!!
Takingbaconback
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Takingbaconback » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:08 am

CBFAlex wrote:As good as Korver is, Dion Rookie year he scored more ppg then Korver ever has, Did Korver shoot more efficently sure, but overall Korver best season wasnt as good as Dion 1st or second year and that with dion coming off the bench most of the time

True but if I were constructing a basketball team, I would pick Kyle Korver over Dion Waiters because of his unique fit and top tier abilities. This is why Korver got invited to USA basketball tryouts and Dion Waiters did not.
CBFAlex
Rookie

Post#19 » by CBFAlex » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:10 am

Takingbaconback wrote:
CBFAlex wrote:As good as Korver is, Dion Rookie year he scored more ppg then Korver ever has, Did Korver shoot more efficently sure, but overall Korver best season wasnt as good as Dion 1st or second year and that with dion coming off the bench most of the time

True but if I were constructing a basketball team, I would pick Kyle Korver over Dion Waiters because of his unique fit and top tier abilities. This is why Korver got invited to USA basketball tryouts and Dion Waiters did not.

Which is why I tihnk Korver a better fit in CLE, but Overall Waits is the better player, I think Atl would jump at the chance to do this
CBFAlex
Rookie

Post#20 » by CBFAlex » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:11 am

bgrep14 wrote:Korver makes the miller and jones signing super redundant. Why would you wanna give up a 22yr old under a rookie contract that just avg 17 pts a game last year for 33 yr year old sg?!? Common Man!!!!

Trust me I love Waiters, but I fear he will get lost in the mix wit this super team, someone whose used to playing as a role player is better suited for it

Return to Trades and Transactions