Tor/Den

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Qdogg17
Junior
And1: 20

Tor/Den 

Post#1 » by Qdogg17 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:06 pm

Toronto Raptors trade:

Amir Johnson, Terrence Ross, Chuck Hayes, Landry Fields, 2016 first round pick(Den/NY) and 2015 2nd(Tor)

To Denver Nuggets for:

Kennith Faried, Wilson Chandler and JaVale McGee

Toronto gets a bit younger, more rebounding and athleticism up front. Gets rim protection for the second unit

Denver gets some experienced vets. Cap space next year and Terrence Ross who has a huge upside.

Rosters:

C- Valanciunas/McGee/Noguiera
PF- Faried/Patterson/Hansbrough
SF- Chandler/Johnson/Caboclo
SG- Derozan/Williams/Hamilton
PG- Lowry/Vasquez/Cherry

C- Hickson/Mozgov/Nurkic/Hayes(waived)
PF- Gallinari/Johnson/Arthur
SF- Ross/Miller/Benimon/Fields(waived)
SG- Afflalo/Foye/Harris
PG- Lawson/Robinson/Green
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,620

Re: Tor/Den 

Post#2 » by nomansland » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:17 pm

That's a huge downgrade for Denver. Huge.

The only incentive to do that would be if they're a) scared Faried is going to want a crazy amount of money next year and b) desperate to dump McGee's contract.

McGee's deal only has 2 years left so they're probably going to ride it out this year and hope it finally pays off.

Losing Faried in FA is definitely possible (the Nugs can be...overly practical at times) but with the way he's playing lately I doubt they'll just throw him away for what's being offered there.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,612

Post#3 » by youngthegiant » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:18 pm

Denver says no.
username_taken
Veteran
And1: 2,412

Post#4 » by username_taken » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:28 pm

Denver asks Masai what he's smoking
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,187

Post#5 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:59 pm

Bad for both teams. I feel like Amir and Faried are a wash in terms of value both are high motor guys but I feel like Faried might hey the edge because he is a bit younger.

Then it comes to Ross for Chandler which is not that great for Toronto. Ross is a better scorer and looks like he will blossom into a better defender this year. Chandler is a very good role player to have on a deeper team like say San Antonio or Cleveland or Chicago.

Now comes the last part I feel like McGee has more value then being touted on here. Yes he is a bonehead at times but I think his shotblocking ability is a good thing to have.

My verdict is this is a bad move for both teams. Faried is going to want to get paid big money and part of me thinks that he is not going to be worth it.

If I am Denver I see what Gallo comes back like before blowing up the team first

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#6 » by 165bows » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:08 pm

IDK if it makes sense to both teams but there is something about Toronto swapping Fields/Hayes for McGee that has a nice symmetry to it.

Denver gets some flexibility moving forward to pay Faried/Afflalo next year and Toronto gets depth up front.

Just don't know if TOR would pay whatever asset price would be necessary to make that happen.

Return to Trades and Transactions