Haywood, JL3, Malcolm Thomas, Erik Murphy = ???

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Re: Haywood, JL3, Malcolm Thomas, Erik Murphy = ??? 

Post#21 » by jbk1234 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:05 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:Haywood will be 35 in November and hasn't had a respectable season since he got paid 3-4 years ago.

There are plenty of things to be excited about if you are a Cavs fan.. But really no one should say "healthy Haywood" and it be expected to fly.

If Cavs fans are allowed to say Haywood is going to play, then no one should question Rose returning to MVP form.

We only need him to be serviceable back up against certain line ups. We can, and should go with TT as the back up in small ball line ups. What is being reported out of Cleveland is that Haywood's healthy and in great shape. Plus it's essentially a contract year for him as no one is paying him that $10 million non guaranteed contract next year.

Who's reporting that? I live here in Cleveland. I watch the news and read the paper. I follow all the local writers and beat reporters on twitter. I haven't see anyone really report anything of value on Haywood since the deal? And even if he was healthy and in great shape, he hasn't been able to do much healthy and in great shape throughout his career, except for one contract year that he's still living off of.

Settle down Beavis - http://kingjamesgospel.com/2014/09/17/i ... n-haywood/
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
CAVS ARE BACK
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#22 » by CAVS ARE BACK » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:48 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
CAVS ARE BACK wrote:someone's having a bad day

How so? He politely corrected you. And he speaks the truth on this topic.

are we all having bad days?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#23 » by moocow007 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:55 pm

mg wrote:Looking around the league their C depth doesn't look that bad to me. Why not just use Varejao at center and Tristan T at backup C? KLove can also play a few minutes at C in a small ball lineup. Even Haywood can play a few backup C minutes if he's healthy. They would probably have to give up a real asset like the Memphis lotto pick combined with the non guaranteeds to even sniff a journeyman C.. or give up a young player like Waiters. Personally I would try to wait until next offseason and then buy one with the MLE or Haywood contract and also maybe draft a young big.

Pretty much.

My guess is that they want someone that may be a bit more reliable than Haywood from a depth perspective? They've been reportedly trying to trade for Mozgov whom their new head coach is very familiar with so it would tell me that the plan is to go big or at least unconventional. Maybe see if Denver is interested in a Waiters for Mozgov type swap? Probably is already being discussed but maybe Denver is holding out for more (they can, what's the harm).
NiqtheAntiq
Senior
And1: 227

Post#24 » by NiqtheAntiq » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:28 pm

moocow007 wrote:
mg wrote:Looking around the league their C depth doesn't look that bad to me. Why not just use Varejao at center and Tristan T at backup C? KLove can also play a few minutes at C in a small ball lineup. Even Haywood can play a few backup C minutes if he's healthy. They would probably have to give up a real asset like the Memphis lotto pick combined with the non guaranteeds to even sniff a journeyman C.. or give up a young player like Waiters. Personally I would try to wait until next offseason and then buy one with the MLE or Haywood contract and also maybe draft a young big.

Pretty much.

My guess is that they want someone that may be a bit more reliable than Haywood from a depth perspective? They've been reportedly trying to trade for Mozgov whom their new head coach is very familiar with so it would tell me that the plan is to go big or at least unconventional. Maybe see if Denver is interested in a Waiters for Mozgov type swap? Probably is already being discussed but maybe Denver is holding out for more (they can, what's the harm).

Mozgov seems like a trade that would happen during the season. I am all for trading Waitors but it would be good to see how well he gels with the big three first.

Waitors+Haywood for Mozgov+ Foye seems to be logical at this point.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#25 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:53 pm

CAVS ARE BACK wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
CAVS ARE BACK wrote:someone's having a bad day

How so? He politely corrected you. And he speaks the truth on this topic.

are we all having bad days?

Do you have anything helpful to offer? Or are you just retreating into your shell?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:01 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
We only need him to be serviceable back up against certain line ups. We can, and should go with TT as the back up in small ball line ups. What is being reported out of Cleveland is that Haywood's healthy and in great shape. Plus it's essentially a contract year for him as no one is paying him that $10 million non guaranteed contract next year.

Who's reporting that? I live here in Cleveland. I watch the news and read the paper. I follow all the local writers and beat reporters on twitter. I haven't see anyone really report anything of value on Haywood since the deal? And even if he was healthy and in great shape, he hasn't been able to do much healthy and in great shape throughout his career, except for one contract year that he's still living off of.

Well, if I'm Beavis, I think you're inferring the worst name of the duo for yourself....

Your article quotes that it's a "If Brendan Haywood can come back from the injury that cost him all of last season", while citing the same Terry Pluto article as listed by the other new Heat/Cavs fan. But Pluto still isn't high on Haywood's health either, according to the article cited by the SI blog and the other poster:

Brendan Haywood was in town and the 7-footer is in excellent shape in terms of weight and body fat. He had surgery to repair a broken foot last October, and missed the entire season. The Cavs weren't sure if he could play this season -- or at least not until January. Now, they are hopeful it will be sooner.
Haywood said he plans to keep working hard on his rehabilitation.

Certainly sounds like he's only in shape in terms of weight. Certainly not in health.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by jbk1234 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:05 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Well, if I'm Beavis, I think you're inferring the worst name of the duo for yourself....

Your article quotes that it's a "If Brendan Haywood can come back from the injury that cost him all of last season", while citing the same Terry Pluto article as listed by the other new Heat/Cavs fan. But Pluto still isn't high on Haywood's health either, according to the article cited by the SI blog and the other poster:

Brendan Haywood was in town and the 7-footer is in excellent shape in terms of weight and body fat. He had surgery to repair a broken foot last October, and missed the entire season. The Cavs weren't sure if he could play this season -- or at least not until January. Now, they are hopeful it will be sooner.

Certainly sounds like he's only in shape in terms of weight. Certainly not in health.

I know I'll get flamed for this but Amico also reported that Haywood appeared to be healthy and in good shape.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:07 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I know I'll get flamed for this but Amico also reported that Haywood appeared to be healthy and in good shape.

I get what you mean, but I have yet to see Amico be truly right about something yet. He's gotten a few things in the right direction, but never actually nailed a story. At this point, it appears he's just funneling whatever info someone in the Cavs organization wants out there.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by jbk1234 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:10 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I get what you mean, but I have yet to see Amico be truly right about something yet. He's gotten a few things in the right direction, but never actually nailed a story. At this point, it appears he's just funneling whatever info someone in the Cavs organization wants out there.

He said the same thing about Bennett and Waiters which turned out to be true. He has a press pass. He may actually get to watch them work out.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

He said the same thing about Bennett and Waiters which turned out to be true. He has a press pass. He may actually get to watch them work out.

Sure. I hear ya. But he's pretty clearly been so wildly wrong for so long, and what he's been wrong about has always been pro-Cavs in the media. It just seems that he's a talking puppet for someone in the Cavs organization.

But it's easy to say that Haywood looks healthy. It's just weird to say that and then follow it with "but he's still massively rehabbing the foot and hopes to possibly play by January, maybe a bit earlier". It's one thing to have lost weight. It's another to actually be healthy enough to play, is all.
rein08
Senior
And1: 18

Post#31 » by rein08 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:15 pm

NiqtheAntiq wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Pretty much.

Mozgov seems like a trade that would happen during the season. I am all for trading Waitors but it would be good to see how well he gels with the big three first.

Waitors+Haywood for Mozgov+ Foye seems to be logical at this point.

Denver might not do that. Mozgov was somewhat played solid in the majority of last season. Waiters might not gel well in Denver with the likes of Afflalo, Chandler and rookie Gary Harris at the SG spot (not to mention Nate Robinson returning from injury)

Return to Trades and Transactions