Bledsoe to the Bucks ideas

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Re: Bledsoe to the Bucks ideas 

Post#41 » by AussieBuck » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:20 am

Cool, seems he has no interest in playing for your team either.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
kingstyyyle
Senior
And1: 179

Post#42 » by kingstyyyle » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:54 am

That may be but that doesn't help you get Bledsoe
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#43 » by AussieBuck » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:04 am

kingstyyyle wrote:That may be but that doesn't help you get Bledsoe

I've just informed you that the Bucks FO don't want Bledsoe at the max. You seem to be chasing some kind of argument with me that doesn't exist.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
kingstyyyle
Senior

Post#44 » by kingstyyyle » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:23 am

AussieBuck wrote:
kingstyyyle wrote:That may be but that doesn't help you get Bledsoe

I've just informed you that the Bucks FO don't want Bledsoe at the max. You seem to be chasing some kind of argument with me that doesn't exist.

My bad dude i thought this thread was about Bledsoe to bucks ideas. If you dont have the assets, money or are somewhere bledsoe says he specifically wants to play i dont think bledsoe will be playing for your team. Not trying to argue. Im pretty tired of bledsoe at this point but I'd rathed have him on the q.o. than any of the players mentioned on the bucks. Coincidently bucks fans seem to feel the same way
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#45 » by JayMKE » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:34 am

It is what it is at this point, Suns fans think they're going to get a significant return when they have no leverage. It is best to just wait it out, either they'll lower their asking price or Bledsoe signs the QO and is a FA next year. Simple as that. Bucks fans have made it pretty clear what we're comfortable giving up and it seems out FO echos the same sentiment, its on the table so go find someone offering a better deal. Dragic is a FA next year too...
FREE GIANNIS
kingstyyyle
Senior

Post#46 » by kingstyyyle » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:16 am

JayMKE wrote:It is what it is at this point, Suns fans think they're going to get a significant return when they have no leverage. It is best to just wait it out, either they'll lower their asking price or Bledsoe signs the QO and is a FA next year. Simple as that. Bucks fans have made it pretty clear what we're comfortable giving up and it seems out FO echos the same sentiment, its on the table so go find someone offering a better deal. Dragic is a FA next year too...

I probably wouldn't want to either. For some reason people seem to forget that if Bledsoe takes the QO we still have his bird rights. If he plays outta his mind and deserves the max the Suns are the team that could give him the most money. If he is looking for the big payday (which is what everyone seems to believe) why wouldn't he want to stay in Phoenix?

I'm pretty sure we are aware you guys are only comfortable trading Henson and Knight for Bledsoe but the Suns would prefer just letting Bledsoe walk and using the money on other players because as you said Dragic is a free agent next year (the Morris brothers are too).
catsfan
Junior
And1: 129

Post#47 » by catsfan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:51 am

this may be an insanely dumb idea if i am missing something about him signing a QO but if you are the bucks and you want bledsoe badly, just offer him above what phoenix has said is their max offer? if he takes it, you get him for nothing other than the contract if he doesn't, he never wanted to come there in the first place. if phoenix matches, so be it.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,551

Post#48 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:06 am

catsfan wrote:this may be an insanely dumb idea if i am missing something about him signing a QO but if you are the bucks and you want bledsoe badly, just offer him above what phoenix has said is their max offer? if he takes it, you get him for nothing other than the contract if he doesn't, he never wanted to come there in the first place. if phoenix matches, so be it.

Bucks don't have that much room.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#49 » by trwi7 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:19 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
catsfan wrote:this may be an insanely dumb idea if i am missing something about him signing a QO but if you are the bucks and you want bledsoe badly, just offer him above what phoenix has said is their max offer? if he takes it, you get him for nothing other than the contract if he doesn't, he never wanted to come there in the first place. if phoenix matches, so be it.

Bucks don't have that much room.

And no team wants to make room when the most they can offer is $15 million more than Phoenix's "lowball" offer. Phoenix says they don't want to pay more than 4/48 but if it comes down to it and their hand is forced, they likely match 4/63. It's not worth the effort to clear cap space when chances are you aren't going to end up with the player.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

Post#50 » by jowglenn » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:20 pm

I just see there being positives for both teams here, still, despite what everyone claims.

There is a habit on these boards of people saying "no, man, Milwaukee is NOT going to _____" or "we've been over it, Phoenix doesn't want ____"

OK... maybe some collection of fans here share that opinion, but it's hardly reflective of reality. Remember when all the Magic fans said they weren't going to trade Afflalo for less than a good 1st rounder?

Please, feel free to say "Most Bucks fans don't want Bledsoe at the max" but don't make yourself look silly by saying "Bucks FO doesn't want Bledsoe at the max" unless you have some actual evidence to back this up. A good example is in another thread someone said Bucks would not be looking to trade Larry Sanders, I was like, "How do you know Bucks FO is committed to Larry Sanders? It's a whole new ownership, they might want to rebuild." That person found an article where they quote the FO saying they want to keep Larry Sanders. THAT is actually evidence of how the FO is thinking.

Maybe the Bucks front office would want Bledsoe at the max, but in order to just straight up offer it, they would have to dump salary to clear the cap space, and the price of dumping that salary would be too much.

Maybe they'd be willing to S&T for him at the max. Looking at their salary situation, they are well below the cap, so they can send back just a few contracts, right?

Why not Henson & Knight for Bledsoe?

Suns fans who say, "nah, don't want henson, he didn't have a great year, rather keep Bledsoe on QO and reevaluate".... well, you do know you have an overabundance of guards anyways? Henson is a young mobile shot blocker - pairing him with Plumlee could be a really great move.

And who's to say Bledsoe doesn't play well enough to earn a big contract and just bolt Phoenix? Yes, you have Bird Rights, but if he's unhappy there, he's gone, and you get nothing. Henson and Knight are young feisty guys who maybe would do well in Phoenix. If not, they're on rookie contracts, it's quite easy to deal with them.

The single number one blocking point to the concept is simply whether or not Bledsoe would want to play in Milwaukee. It's not exactly a big-time destination. He's not teaming up with any star players to form a super team. He thinks he's that good.

But on the other hand, it could get him big money immediately (and for an injury-prone guy, I'm shocked his agent would even let him consider taking the QO. If he misses half the season again, he's not going to get near the max). It could make him the clear number one ball-handler/guard on the team. It would give him a young team with potential to develop superstars (Jabari, Giannis).

Really, living in Milwaukee is the worst part for him. Not exactly the center of the world, clubs & lights, glitz and glamour type of place. But then again, a lot of NBA cities aren't.

Maybe this process has humbled Bledsoe a bit and he'll realize that this would be a good move for him.

And maybe Phoenix sees the inevitability of Bledsoe leaving Phoenix and makes the deal work and gets Henson & Knight.

I just don't think it's out of the question.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#51 » by Fo-Real » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:58 pm

Basically hit the nail on the head Glenn, the biggest and most glaring sticking point is no one beleives (no reports showing), that Bledso would play for the bucks. I am a Suns fan fed up with Bledso and think it is best for him to take the Q.O. and come rot on the damn bench, but thats just the anger in me as a fan of the Suns. Honestly the thinking fan in me says the Suns front office would take Henson + Knight and filler for Bledso.... Hopefully flipping Knight somewhere else (NO ONE WANTS HIM THOUGH!!!!), but that would require Bledso coming out and saying he had interest in playing for the Bucks (He hasnt and wont).

The biggest problem in all of this Bledso crap is he hasnt manned up and said any damn thing. He wont come to the table and bargin, and he wont do what he is supposed to do in the situation he has put himself in and go out and find a team and deal that works for both teams (that is what restricted free agency is all about... the agent and the player do the damn work), all he has done is demand the max and go hide. If he had been an active restricted free agent and atleast gone to teams and listen to offers or take trips to check out teams and thier situations the Suns would atleast have an Idea as to witch teams to persue a deal with, but unlike any other restricted free agent in NBA history, he simply spit out a max demand (way above his value) and went and sat down.... hasnt demanded a trade.... hasnt said or done anything. He has painted himself into a corner because of it. Either he comes to the table to negotiate..... goes and gets a better offer..... goes and courts a team for a fair sign and trade.... or sign the Q.O. and is lost in the mix of good guards we already have. He isnt much better than Goran if at all.... Isiah Thomas was almost a 20 pt a game exciting scorer last year... and many of us think with another year of familiarity with his team and the system and the system knowing how to get the best out of him that Gerald Green is due for a huge season. So Bledso's best situation for getting max money or playing time this year to get max money next year.... IS SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!! Or he can sign a deal somewhere in the ballpark he has already been offered by the Suns.... (we add a mil per season with incintives for games played and performance), and bring his ass in and get to work!!
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#52 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Fo-Real wrote:Basically hit the nail on the head Glenn, the biggest and most glaring sticking point is no one beleives (no reports showing), that Bledso would play for the bucks. I am a Suns fan fed up with Bledso and think it is best for him to take the Q.O. and come rot on the damn bench, but thats just the anger in me as a fan of the Suns. Honestly the thinking fan in me says the Suns front office would take Henson + Knight and filler for Bledso.... Hopefully flipping Knight somewhere else (NO ONE WANTS HIM THOUGH!!!!), but that would require Bledso coming out and saying he had interest in playing for the Bucks (He hasnt and wont).

The biggest problem in all of this Bledso crap is he hasnt manned up and said any damn thing. He wont come to the table and bargin, and he wont do what he is supposed to do in the situation he has put himself in and go out and find a team and deal that works for both teams (that is what restricted free agency is all about... the agent and the player do the damn work), all he has done is demand the max and go hide. If he had been an active restricted free agent and atleast gone to teams and listen to offers or take trips to check out teams and thier situations the Suns would atleast have an Idea as to witch teams to persue a deal with, but unlike any other restricted free agent in NBA history, he simply spit out a max demand (way above his value) and went and sat down.... hasnt demanded a trade.... hasnt said or done anything. He has painted himself into a corner because of it. Either he comes to the table to negotiate..... goes and gets a better offer..... goes and courts a team for a fair sign and trade.... or sign the Q.O. and is lost in the mix of good guards we already have. He isnt much better than Goran if at all.... Isiah Thomas was almost a 20 pt a game exciting scorer last year... and many of us think with another year of familiarity with his team and the system and the system knowing how to get the best out of him that Gerald Green is due for a huge season. So Bledso's best situation for getting max money or playing time this year to get max money next year.... IS SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!! Or he can sign a deal somewhere in the ballpark he has already been offered by the Suns.... (we add a mil per season with incintives for games played and performance), and bring his ass in and get to work!!

I've said some dumb things, but this is the dumbest thing i've read
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#53 » by Fo-Real » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:10 pm

But all of these fans saying we are crazy and you will get nothing for him... you need to take garbage contracts to get something for nothing... NO..... Bottom line is we would love to have him play here first..... second we would love to get value for him if he isnt going to play here..... Third... we paid Jared Dudly and a garbage second round pick for him...... NOT LOSING MUCH! So for you kats saying we need to take garbage back too in order to get atleast something..... you think we have to take on guys like Mayo... or Zaza or Illy's contract because we need to make something out of nothing....... HELL NO WE DONT!!! NO LEVERAGE TO ANYONE!!! Bottom line, his best chance of getting max money is it coming from us (not gonna pay it), or through us (sign and trade), or with our help next year if he signs the Q.O. because we sill still own his bird rights and he will still need a sign and trade to get his money. He would also need us not to bench his pre-madonna ass this year so he can play himself into that contract for next year. This thread is friggin dead unless he comes out and says he wants the Bucks......HE WONT!!!!!!!!!
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#54 » by Fo-Real » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:14 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:Basically hit the nail on the head Glenn, the biggest and most glaring sticking point is no one beleives (no reports showing), that Bledso would play for the bucks. I am a Suns fan fed up with Bledso and think it is best for him to take the Q.O. and come rot on the damn bench, but thats just the anger in me as a fan of the Suns. Honestly the thinking fan in me says the Suns front office would take Henson + Knight and filler for Bledso.... Hopefully flipping Knight somewhere else (NO ONE WANTS HIM THOUGH!!!!), but that would require Bledso coming out and saying he had interest in playing for the Bucks (He hasnt and wont).

I've said some dumb things, but this is the dumbest thing i've read

And your opinion is why I wake up every morning.... thats how improtant you are. :lol:
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#55 » by Fo-Real » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Personal Attacks removed--Chuck
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#56 » by skywalker33 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:19 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:If I'm the Suns, I'm insisting on Sanders. If I'm the Bucks, I'm wondering if this gets me into the playoffs. If I'm Bledsoe, I'm wondering whether I'll sign a long-term contract in Milwaukee.

Into the playoffs? Thats one heck of a leap.

Well, they do play in the Weak East ...and didn't they make it like two years ago ??
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
kingstyyyle
Senior

Post#57 » by kingstyyyle » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Is there anyone here who would honestly say they would rather have henson and knight than bledsoe on the qo with his bird rights?
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#58 » by loserX » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:02 pm

kingstyyyle wrote:Is there anyone here who would honestly say they would rather have henson and knight than bledsoe on the qo with his bird rights?

The issue is that only Phoenix has the option of the latter...and it remains to be seen what the relationship between Bledsoe and Phoenix is. Would Phoenix rather keep him if he's going to grouse about management all year?

Part of the problem is that, like Bledsoe (possibly), Goran Dragic is also going to be UFA next summer. The Suns could very well lose both of their best players for nothing, and then what? I can't imagine that sits well with management.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Post#59 » by jbk1234 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:05 pm

kingstyyyle wrote:Is there anyone here who would honestly say they would rather have henson and knight than bledsoe on the qo with his bird rights?

I'd rather have neither. If I have Bledsoe on the qo, things have already gone badly. I'd look for door No. 3.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,490

Post#60 » by jayjaysee » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:57 pm

Is there anyone here that would honestly say Plumlee or Len played better than Henson last year?

Jesus. All this talk about Henson not having a good year..but really? Len looked horrific, but he was hurt - so fine let's not mention that.

They were both second year guys, both made big steps from their rookie years.. Except Henson made bigger improvements..or maybe Plumlee went from IR behind Hibbert/West to good so it seems bigger?

Why is it "Henson behind Plumlee" all the time?

Because Plumlee plays on your favorite team already so he is by default better than a very comparable talent-level player who had a better season...? Is that the main reason? Or you just never watched the Bucks because they were terrible, so you have no idea what/who John Henson is? Or is there an actual defense there?

Maybe I'll get laughed at for that - but I'm alright with it. I'm not a Bucks fan but that has never made sense to me. Throughout the last 6 months of Bledsoe-Bucks trade ideas.

Also - Bledsoe's bird rights now - only mean the Suns can offer more money, they can't match any offer now.. Also... Bledsoe's cap hold will now be 250% of the QO so the Suns (after Dragic opts out and likely resigns for a big pay increase) will have room to add one free agent with Bledsoe's cap hold then try and work a deal to bring him back on a rough 5 year max. Because without the 5 year full max - why wouldn't he sign with LAL, NYK, Orl, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Philly, San Antonio..just off top of my head.. that would all seem to be comparable/better situations (for different reasons) and didn't just insult him last year by not giving him the money he felt he deserved?

And really - I don't see why one healthy contract year would make Phoenix willing to do a 5 year full max, when they aren't willing to do a 4 year full max. IMO his on-court game showed enough last year to be worth the 4/63 (beyond health issues) so one year healthy will convince them to add an extra year and 4-8 million a year? Really?

Return to Trades and Transactions