Phoenix/Brooklyn/Denver: Some things I like

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Phoenix/Brooklyn/Denver: Some things I like 

Post#1 » by bondom34 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Just basing this off of a few fits I like, so surely everyone will hate it:

I'm assuming at some point Denver decides to try to get a little younger and get something for Mozgov.

Phoenix Out: Green, Ennis
In: Teletovic, Foye, 2 seconds

Why? Phoenix moves Green for a new stretch 4 to fit in Frye's role from last year. They give up Ennis for a vet SG and a second, not bad value to me.

Brooklyn Out: Teletovic, Markel Brown, second
In: Mozgov

Why? Get a defensive big for Lopez insurance, also allows a Lopez trade more easily if he can stay healthy and up his value.

Denver Out: Mozgov, Foye, a second
In: Green, Ennis, Brown

Why? Move Mozgov for an instant upgrade at the 2, a very good PG prospect, and another possible solid PG prospect. I like this value a little more than Waiters alone which is generally what Cavs deals come to (but I'll admit I'm not high on Waiters).

Denver is the hangup for me, but I really like Tele on the Suns and think PHX should move Green for something of value while they can as well.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Phoenix/Brooklyn/Denver: Some things I like 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Well, I don't see it happening from DEN's point. With McGee still on the mend, Nurkic, a raw rookie, and Hickson, who is suspended for the 1st 5 game are our only backups at the C position (and I have been told many times that Hickson has a negative return for any team he's on). Since we haven't seen how he's coming back, McGee's health (hear he is up to 270lbs though) would at least keep this shelved for a while until we can find out if he can start for 25-30 mins per game, especially considering his asthma. Mozzy has shown he is thriving in DEN's new system, and DEN has shown no inclination to trade him despite numerous inquiries, although it is still early.

Also. I don't see Green as an upgrade over AA, definitely over Foye (who is missing in the DEN outbound part of the desc) though. Not sure what it's going to take to resign him, Foye would be let go or traded IMO. Brown is about the same player Erick Green is for the Nuggets, so that's a wash. Ennis however is a bit intriguing as we really could use a good backup PG. He does seem superfluous in PHX right now, not sure what his role is going forward there, see him as trade bait....which is what he is here.

* like you didn't see this coming from me.....probably could've written it yourself :lol: :lol:
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:30 pm

Yeah, they're the hangup, most of what I expected. Will edit OP. Thanks!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,843

Post#4 » by giberish » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:49 pm

BK has Lopez, KG and Plumlee at C, with only Teletovic and a part-time AK (due to injury and playing minutes at SF) at PF. Granted, I'm not a Nets fan, but trading Teletovic for a C seems completely nuts (yet this isn't the first time I've seen it proposed, I just don't get it).

There are a bunch of teams that IMO would love to trade a PF for a C (Atlanta and Boston, just at the top of the alphabet) but the Nets really aren't one of them.

Also, Markief fills the stretch-4 role for Phx, Frye's big value was that he could also play C, giving Phoenix some great offensive lineups that didn't collapse on defense.

As noted, Denver also has issues.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#5 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Nets arent moving Teletovic.
He's our best PF and we don't need another c with Lopez, KG, Plumlee and Jordan.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
skywalker33

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:59 pm

Change Brown out for Plumlee makes it work better for the Nuggets.

Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#7 » by Golabki » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:09 pm

bondom34 wrote:Just basing this off of a few fits I like, so surely everyone will hate it:

I'm assuming at some point Denver decides to try to get a little younger and get something for Mozgov.

Why? Phoenix moves Green for a new stretch 4 to fit in Frye's role from last year. They give up Ennis for a vet SG and a second, not bad value to me.

Why? Get a defensive big for Lopez insurance, also allows a Lopez trade more easily if he can stay healthy and up his value.

Why? Move Mozgov for an instant upgrade at the 2, a very good PG prospect, and another possible solid PG prospect. I like this value a little more than Waiters alone which is generally what Cavs deals come to (but I'll admit I'm not high on Waiters).

Denver is the hangup for me, but I really like Tele on the Suns and think PHX should move Green for something of value while they can as well.

Awful for Pho...

Value is good for BKY, but they need a stretch 4 more than another center... (Lopez, KG and Plum dog all are centers first).
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#8 » by NashtyNas » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:28 pm

The value might be okay but I don't like it for any team.
Denver isn't going to rely on McGee full time and the Bosnian Bear is far from a full-time NBA starter, so moving Mozgov makes little sense right now.

Phoenix isn't giving up Ennis to get Teletovic, period.

Brooklyn needs Teletovic more than they need Mozgov because (hopefully) Lopez is healthy this year, which leaves very few minutes for Moz.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,620

Post#9 » by nomansland » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:44 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Well, I don't see it happening from DEN's point. With McGee still on the mend, Nurkic, a raw rookie, and Hickson, who is suspended for the 1st 5 game are our only backups at the C position (and I have been told many times that Hickson has a negative return for any team he's on). Since we haven't seen how he's coming back, McGee's health (hear he is up to 270lbs though) would at least keep this shelved for a while until we can find out if he can start for 25-30 mins per game, especially considering his asthma. Mozzy has shown he is thriving in DEN's new system, and DEN has shown no inclination to trade him despite numerous inquiries, although it is still early.

Also. I don't see Green as an upgrade over AA, definitely over Foye (who is missing in the DEN outbound part of the desc) though. Not sure what it's going to take to resign him, Foye would be let go or traded IMO. Brown is about the same player Erick Green is for the Nuggets, so that's a wash. Ennis however is a bit intriguing as we really could use a good backup PG. He does seem superfluous in PHX right now, not sure what his role is going forward there, see him as trade bait....which is what he is here.

* like you didn't see this coming from me.....probably could've written it yourself :lol: :lol:

Hickson is not a center. He shouldn't even play 5 minutes a game at that spot.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#10 » by Prokorov » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:32 pm

bondom34 wrote:Just basing this off of a few fits I like, so surely everyone will hate it:

Trade makes no sense from the Nets perspective. We already have a logjam at center with lopez, Ganett, and Plumlee. so much so that we are experimenting with plumlee at PF. speaking of PF, its our thinest position and swapping teletovic for a C really doesnt help us.

We have plenty of insurance on lopez, we have nothing at PF. you dont trade your starting PF for to add your 5th center to the roster
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#11 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:01 am

skywalker33 wrote:Change Brown out for Plumlee makes it work better for the Nuggets.

Yeah, MTV is not moving in a deal like this. Nets decline.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Golabki
General Manager

Post#12 » by Golabki » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:00 am

I_Socrates wrote:The value might be okay but I don't like it for any team.
Denver isn't going to rely on McGee full time and the Bosnian Bear is far from a full-time NBA starter, so moving Mozgov makes little sense right now.

Why not try to run McGee out there full time? It's not like Mozgov is that great... he's a stop-gap center who is only getting talked about because his contract is easy to trade.
skywalker33

Post#13 » by skywalker33 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:38 pm

Golabki wrote:

Why not try to run McGee out there full time? It's not like Mozgov is that great... he's a stop-gap center who is only getting talked about because his contract is easy to trade.

This just shows you really don't keep up with Denver. Mozgov is not just a stop-gap player as you propose, he's developing into a good player. . Thru 4 preseason games he's leading the Nuggets in scoring in at 14pppg, averages 9rebs per game and over 2 blocks per game while averaging just over 22mpg...pretty good production for a stop-gap. He really has come on since last year's All Star game. While his contract is a big factor, he was also the 4th best rim-protector last year, which most teams in the league are looking for in their starting lineup.

Golabki
General Manager

Post#14 » by Golabki » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:09 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Golabki wrote:

This just shows you really don't keep up with Denver. Mozgov is not just a stop-gap player as you propose, he's developing into a good player. . Thru 4 preseason games he's leading the Nuggets in scoring in at 14pppg, averages 9rebs per game and over 2 blocks per game while averaging just over 22mpg...pretty good production for a stop-gap. He really has come on since last year's All Star game. While his contract is a big factor, he was also the 4th best rim-protector last year, which most teams in the league are looking for in their starting lineup.

Mozgov is 28 and he's started 80 NBA games in his life and only had one season were he played over 1,000 min.

He's a solid rotation big. He's a true center who's a good (but not great) defender and an adequate offensive players. He's a very good back-up or a marginal starter.

He's a good player on a very reasonable contract, but we're going overboard with Mozgov-mania
skywalker33

Post#15 » by skywalker33 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:23 am

Golabki wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Golabki wrote:Why not try to run McGee out there full time? It's not like Mozgov is that great... he's a stop-gap center who is only getting talked about because his contract is easy to trade.

Mozgov is 28 and he's started 80 NBA games in his life and only had one season were he played over 1,000 min.

He's a solid rotation big. He's a true center who's a good (but not great) defender and an adequate offensive players. He's a very good back-up or a marginal starter.

He's a good player on a very reasonable contract, but we're going overboard with Mozgov-mania

Bigs usually take longer to develop, and I think this will be a breakout year for him. Am I saying he's gonna be DH12 ??? No, but he will be a good starter. His rim-protection skills are really what make his value, that and his lower salary. Kinda moot because the Nuggets believe as I do, turning down a 1st rder so far, easily done if it was the Cav's but still could've been th MEM pick just as easily IMO.

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by Trader_Joe » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:00 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Golabki wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Bigs usually take longer to develop, and I think this will be a breakout year for him. Am I saying he's gonna be DH12 ??? No, but he will be a good starter. His rim-protection skills are really what make his value, that and his lower salary. Kinda moot because the Nuggets believe as I do, turning down a 1st rder so far, easily done if it was the Cav's but still could've been th MEM pick just as easily IMO.

Again he's 28 with 10 years of pro experience not sure there is much more to go for him.
Also when you say good starter do you mean above average as in top 12 or so?
There are a lot of good Cs in the game right now..not sure I can see him becoming above average. Serviceable sure but so are a lot of Cs.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#17 » by Narf » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:33 am

Trader_Joe wrote:Again he's 28 with 10 years of pro experience not sure there is much more to go for him.
There are a lot of good Cs in the game right now..not sure I can see him becoming above average. Serviceable sure but so are a lot of Cs.

Yeah, bigs take 2 years to adjust from Euroleague rules to NBA rules generally. It's been 4 for Mozgov, he probably is what he is.

That said, Mozgov had a solid TS% with 15.7 points and 10.7 rebounds per 36 last year. So if he can sustain that production for 30 minutes instead of 21.9 then he's a slightly below average starting center IMHO.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Trader_Joe » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:52 am

Narf wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:Again he's 28 with 10 years of pro experience not sure there is much more to go for him.

Yeah, bigs take 2 years to adjust from Euroleague rules to NBA rules generally. It's been 4 for Mozgov, he probably is what he is.

That said, Mozgov had a solid TS% with 15.7 points and 10.7 rebounds per 36 last year. So if he can sustain that production for 30 minutes instead of 21.9 then he's a slightly below average starting center IMHO.

Yeah ...I think he's decent but have a hard time taking him over

Howard
Gasol
DMC
Duncan
Noah
Lopez
Pekovic
Horford
Drummond
Monroe
Gortat
D.Jordan
Bogut
Asik
Bosh
Vucevic
Jefferson
Hibbert
Jonas V.
Favors
P.Gasol

Not to mention up and comers that should surpass him soon
Noel
Gobert
Sullinger
Dieng
Adams
Plumlees
Kanter
Nurkic
Etc..
skywalker33

Post#19 » by skywalker33 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:12 am

Trader_Joe wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Golabki wrote:Mozgov is 28 and he's started 80 NBA games in his life and only had one season were he played over 1,000 min.

Again he's 28 with 10 years of pro experience not sure there is much more to go for him.

Well, LBJ is 30 and in his 11 year, is he breaking down ? 28 without a lot of mileage is not like the ceiling is meeting the floor yet. Where he'll be, not sure, and granted there are some good C's in the league. But there are also guys like Lopez who are better but can't stay healthy. Pek is a better offensive player, but Mozgov is a much better rim-protector, is that a good comparable ?? I don't exactly know where he'll rate, but I know I have seen improvement and expect a darn good season out of him. Will he be good enough to trade ??? Too many variables, but I do know this...he'll be starting for the Nuggets this year, something he hasn't done before, but the dude has worked his way into the starting gig, he's earned that by hard work and improvement.

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by Trader_Joe » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:15 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Well, LBJ is 30 and in his 11 year, is he breaking down ? 28 without a lot of mileage is not like the ceiling is meeting the floor yet. Where he'll be, not sure, and granted there are some good C's in the league. But there are also guys like Lopez who are better but can't stay healthy. Pek is a better offensive player, but Mozgov is a much better rim-protector, is that a good comparable ?? I don't exactly know where he'll rate, but I know I have seen improvement and expect a darn good season out of him. Will he be good enough to trade ??? Too many variables, but I do know this...he'll be starting for the Nuggets this year, something he hasn't done before, but the dude has worked his way into the starting gig, he's earned that by hard work and improvement.

I didn't say he was breaking down. I asked how much more potential a 28 year old with 10 years of professional experience has to go. And I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded. He's going to want a big contract but Nurkic is their C if the future and will need minutes soon.

Return to Trades and Transactions