Horford to Chicago

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Turhan86
Sophomore
And1: 10

Horford to Chicago 

Post#1 » by Turhan86 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:52 pm

Bulls trade: Taj Gibson/Tony Snell/Sac's first Rd pick

Pistons trade: Caron Butler/Greg Monroe

Hawks trade: Al Horford/John Jenkins/D. Caroll

Bulls receive: Al Horford/John Jenkins

Pistons receive: Taj Gibson/Tony Snell

Hawks receive: Greg Monroe/Caron Butler/ Sac's 1st pick

Why?

Horford moves to PF, his natural position, and gets to play for a contender. Gasol moves to the bench for the sixth man role, I initially thought he would play sixth man when he signed with Chicago and given his age,the sixth man role may be more productive for both him and Chicago. With the recent about Noah's surgery, I don't see too much of an issue with these three playing together.

Pistons: Taj would be a great fit whether starting or sixth man with Detroit, trading Monroe gets rid of the the front court issue with Andre Drummond/Greg Monroe and Josh Smith.

I believe Atlanta would have the funds to sign Greg Monroe after the season, Caron Butler was a filler.
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Re: Horford to Chicago 

Post#2 » by qianlong » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:49 pm

I like it for chicago.
Ball don't lie
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Re: Horford to Chicago 

Post#3 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:07 pm

No thanks, Horford is locked up for another two seasons and Monroe could just leave after his one year with us. Plus that SAC pick is 1-10 protected and I honestly see the Kings back in the lotto around the 8,9, or 10 spot which means we wouldn't get the pick.

Return to Trades and Transactions