My Gasol to ATL Pipe Dream

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

My Gasol to ATL Pipe Dream 

Post#1 » by Hawk Eye » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:45 pm

ATL OUT: Paul Milsap, 2015 1st with transferred rights to swap picks with BRK (via Joe Johnson trade), one of Pero Antic OR Mike Muscala.

MEM OUT: M. Gasol

Memphis Reason: They get a very valuable 2015 1st round pick. A recent all-star PF. And a young versatile 5 prospect in Muscala or they could have our poor mans Spencer Hawes (Antic). This leaves them with a center replacement as well.

Atlanta Reason: Atlanta goes all in on a top 5 center in the game who fits PERFECTLY in our system. Coach Bud wants for all 5 positions to be able to shoot and we rely heavily on ball movement (Spurs system). Gasol is the best passing center in the NBA. We can now push Horford to the 4 and we suddenly have an amazing starting 5 when healthy.

Teague/Korver/Carroll-Thabo/Horford/Gasol
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,821

Re: My Gasol to ATL Pipe Dream 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:55 pm

Why in the world would you think Memphis needs to send a pick back here? And you would have to find a 3rd team because Milsap holds no value to the Grizzlies if they decide to dump Gasol.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#3 » by Hawk Eye » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:58 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:Why in the world would you think Memphis needs to send a pick back here? And you would have to find a 3rd team because Milsap holds no value to the Grizzlies if they decide to dump Gasol.

I guess because it could turn into a Dwight Howard trade. We could wind up just renting Gasol for a year so I wanted some sort of protection from memphis (the 2016 1st). I could edit it out though. Maybe send Milsap to the rockets and the rockets send Montijunas & the NOP pick to memphis??
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#4 » by HornetJail » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:24 am

This doesn't make any sense at all for Memphis. If they trade Gasol it would be for the same kind of package ATL would take for Horford- a very good rebuild package, otherwise they stay put. This is one pick and the expiring contract of a pretty good player that plays the same position as Zach Randolph.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,095

Post#5 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:49 am

I'm not sure how ATL fans can complain up and down about Horford trades and then propose this. Gasol is a better player than Horford, and while he might be in a contract year, that doesn't mean he gets traded for a redundant vet PF who is also expiring.

Maybe Gasol for Horford straight up? The value is closer.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:55 am

This is awful for Memphis. Easy pass.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

Post#7 » by jowglenn » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:41 am

Yeah, well Horford is the most overrated player on these boards. "He's one of the best 2-way big men in the league" yet I can name 10 better ones off the top of my head. And that's not even counting the fact that he's been continually injured for like two years.
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,335

Post#8 » by DK-All Day » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:16 pm

jowglenn wrote:Yeah, well Horford is the most overrated player on these boards. "He's one of the best 2-way big men in the league" yet I can name 10 better ones off the top of my head. And that's not even counting the fact that he's been continually injured for like two years.

Or he's an "All Star" player yet he hasn't been selected to to an All Star game in years.

Horford is a good player, but he isn't a star player at all.
Handsome.

Return to Trades and Transactions