Hawks/Wiz/Bucks - Millsap to Washington

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Hawks/Wiz/Bucks - Millsap to Washington 

Post#1 » by N.O.R.E. » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:48 am

Hawks Trade: Millsap, Teague
Receive: Nene, Henson, Brandon Knight

Horford/Henson/Brand
Nene/Payne/M.Scott
Korver/Carroll/Thabo
Thabo/B.Knight/Jenkins
Shroder/Mack/B.Knight

The Hawks get both win-now and win-later bigs in return for an expiring Millsap. They also give up Teague to open up more PT for the younger guards.

Wiz Trade: Nene, Otto Porter
Receive: Millsap, Dudley

Gortat/Blair/Seraphin
Millsap/Hump/Seraphin
Pierce/Dudley
Beal/Webster/Rice
Wall/Miller

The Wiz get the perfect PF for their team, while also picking up a potentially good role-player in Dudley.

Bucks Trade: Henson, Knight, Dudley
Receive: Otto Porter, Teague

Sanders/Zaza
Jabari/Ilyasova/Giannis
Giannis/Porter/Middleton
Mayo/Bayless/Middleton
Teague/Marshall/Wolters

The Bucks upgrade the point, while picking up a decent forward prospect in Otto Porter.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Re: Hawks/Wiz/Bucks - Millsap to Washington 

Post#2 » by AussieBuck » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:02 am

Can the Bucks on trade Teague for a pick?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Alienware
Sixth Man
And1: 505

Post#3 » by Alienware » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:15 am

I would never trade Millsap if I was Atlanta, they won't find that kind of production for that little money elsewhere. Let him expire and then try to re-sign him.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,096

Post#4 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:35 am

Take out Teague and Knight and send Bazemore to Washington instead. Pretty sure the money works out and I think the value is better for ATL.

Maybe a protected 1st from ATL to the Bucks instead of Teague, but that might not be necessary. I think Milsap/Henson is debatable and Nene has little more than neutral value with his injuries and that deal, but I do think he and Horford work pretty well together, minus the same defensive issues.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#5 » by dms269 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:28 pm

I don't really get it that much for aAlanta. You say they trade Teague to open up spots for younger players, yet they bring in Knight. I think Knight and Teague is a toss-up in terms of production, but teague is signed longer and will likely have the better contract.

I'm impartial to Henson. He might be a good player but he is still fairly raw.

I don't think Nene has positive value. 2 year deal making a ton of money for average production. Not really the Atlanta mold to take it on. I just don't think Henson's value is high enough to combat Atlanta taking on nene.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#6 » by theatlfan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Yeah - this is genuinely terrible for ATL. No idea why one would think that a package of Nene and Otto Porter should command a positive return, so forth an AS.

Cut ATL out and deal Gibson from CHI in our place.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#7 » by Ruzious » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:00 pm

theatlfan wrote:Yeah - this is genuinely terrible for ATL. No idea why one would think that a package of Nene and Otto Porter should command a positive return, so forth an AS.

Cut ATL out and deal Gibson from CHI in our place.

Yeah, the trade could help Washington and Milwaukee, but it's awful for Atlanta - and Washington and Milwaukee are my favorite teams.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#8 » by Hawk Eye » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Teague >>> Knight
Milsap >>> Nene

Even though we get a nice prospect in Henson; this deal still isn't worth it for ATL
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#9 » by Smitty731 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:25 pm

This is really bad for Atlanta. Millsap is a perfect fit for what they want their PF to do. He can play inside and out. The entire Atlanta offense is based around have 5 shooters on the floor at all times. They are almost there, as Carroll has improved a lot. All their backups also have reliable mid-range to outside shots. This would give them a guy who can't really score outside of the paint or post ups (Nene), a PG who isn't the equal of the PG who goes out (Knight for Teague), and a big man who isn't a much better fit than the big men they already have (Henson).

In addition, for Milwaukee, they already have a combination of Parker, Antetokounmpo, Middleton, and Dudley at SF. Not that Porter might not be better than some of those guys, but they don't really need him at all.

It is fine for Washington, as it adds another shooter. But they had a lot of success playing a dual post offense, so I'm not sure they want to change that just yet.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#10 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:50 pm

If MKE is dealing with Atlanta, I am pretty sure Schroeder is the only player that makes any sense trying to acquire, given the core we are trying to build around.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#11 » by trwi7 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:52 pm

uga_dawgs24 wrote:I think Knight and Teague is a toss-up in terms of production, but teague is signed longer and will likely have the better contract.

You're being too kind here. Teague is far better than Knight.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#12 » by nuposse04 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Not interested from the wiz end. Porter is finally going to be given his chance. Milsap is better offensively then Milsap though and his stretch ability would be nice.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,491

Post#13 » by jayjaysee » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:49 pm

I love that Bucks fans can actually say deals are too good for them. Few fans can do that...

This both weird and bad for Atlanta.

Also agree that Unless Giannis takes major steps, their interest in Teague has died down - despite this being good value. They'd much rather go for a Henson/Schroeder swap.

And it doesn't really make sense for Washington - risk Millsap leaving and give up on Porter so quickly, but the value is too great to turn down.. signing Pierce shows they think they can compete this year. Swapping Nene/Millsap would definitely add some wins.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Trades and Transactions