Houston/Philly/Minnesota Brewer deal

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Houston/Philly/Minnesota Brewer deal 

Post#1 » by bigmean » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:30 am

Houston gets Shabazz Muhammed, Ronny Turiaf, Corey Brewer

Philly gets rights to Henk norel from minnesota and Isiah Cannan/Donatas Motiejunas

Minnesota gets Philly second rounder and KJ Mcdaniels and 8.2 trade exception via Jeremy Lin

Houston gets two good wing players and a backup backup center

Philly gets there backup point guard in Cannan , and Motiejanus

Minnesota gets a huge trade exception and very valuable early seond rounder and the player with highest upside in KJ McDaniels, who only has onyl 1 year deal
MNRunLeft
Starter
And1: 362

Re: Houston/Philly/Minnesota Brewer deal 

Post#2 » by MNRunLeft » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:33 am

Overcomplicated for no apparent reason, Wolves don't need or want to move Shabazz.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,551

Post#3 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:39 am

bigmean wrote:Houston gets Shabazz Muhammed, Ronny Turiaf, Corey Brewer

Philly gets rights to Henk norel from minnesota and Isiah Cannan/Donatas Motiejunas

Minnesota gets Philly second rounder and KJ Mcdaniels and 8.2 trade exception via Jeremy Lin

Houston gets two good wing players and a backup backup center

Philly gets there backup point guard in Cannan , and Motiejanus

Minnesota gets a huge trade exception and very valuable early seond rounder and the player with highest upside in KJ McDaniels, who only has onyl 1 year deal

Thats not remotely how TPE's work.

In terms of simplifying it, I would rather have KJ and Philly 2nd rounder than Canaan and Motie. So its not great for Philly.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#4 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:51 am

McDaniels' skillset is too uniquely intriguing to give up for a backup PG who's ceiling is probably backup PG
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,985

Post#5 » by wolves_89 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:54 am

Setting aside the fact that I don't think the trade would be legal (due to TPE rules), the justification for Minnesota is really strange. First off, an early 2nd rounder is not particularly valuable, especially to a very young team like the Wolves (who already have too many young players that are significantly better than anyone they would get in the 2nd round). Second, any TPE generated would be pretty much worthless since Minnesota already has a fairly large TPE ($6.3M from the Love trade) that I would be surprised if they utilize. Finally, Daniels has less value than Mohammed or Brewer so there is little justification as far as player value.

Not a single part of the justification for the Wolves makes any sense, so for Minnesota this is about as strong a no as you can get.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#6 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:36 am

Shabazz isn't going anywhere.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,639

Post#7 » by shrink » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:12 pm

I would mention to other teams that Shabazz is definitely a fan favorite this year. He drastically reshaped his body, and he works so hard on the floor that people love that guy. Even as a SF, he probably fits into the "more valuable to us than you" category, along with Wiggins, Dieng, and maybe Zach LaVine.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#8 » by snoopdogg88 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:24 pm

Sixers aren't trading KJ
HartfordWhalers

Post#9 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:53 pm

wolves_89 wrote:Finally, Daniels has less value than Mohammed or Brewer so there is little justification as far as player value.

Not a single part of the justification for the Wolves makes any sense, so for Minnesota this is about as strong a no as you can get.

Daniels might. KJ on the otherhand imo definitely has more value than Brewer.

Right now I think Brewer is the most over valued player on this board.
MNRunLeft
Starter
And1: 362

Post#10 » by MNRunLeft » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:01 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Daniels might. KJ on the otherhand imo definitely has more value than Brewer.

For a contender Brewer certainly has more value than KJ imo, and those are the teams that are being thrown around for Brewer's potential landing spots. For teams rebuilding or not looking to add salary for next year KJ has more value than Brewer, just comes down to team need and situation.
HartfordWhalers

Post#11 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:16 pm

MNRunLeft wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:Daniels might. KJ on the otherhand imo definitely has more value than Brewer.

For a contender Brewer certainly has more value than KJ imo, and those are the teams that are being thrown around for Brewer's potential landing spots. For teams rebuilding or not looking to add salary for next year KJ has more value than Brewer, just comes down to team need and situation.

Sure, and you would need to compare which one would value one more. Which I think clearly favors KJ if you know who he is. Similarly, for Minnesota KJ would obviously fit more. But thats neither here nor there.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#12 » by Mattya » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Brewer the most over valued player?... Come on :lol:
HartfordWhalers

Post#13 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Mattya wrote:Brewer the most over valued player?... Come on :lol:

Considering how many people have suggested a lotto pick for him is fair, absolutely.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#14 » by Mattya » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:46 pm

Would love to see the amount of people who posted that to make you think it's a general consensus.
HartfordWhalers

Post#15 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:55 pm

Mattya wrote:Would love to see the amount of people who posted that to make you think it's a general consensus.

I don't think its the general consensus, nor did I say that. I do think it is enough to make him currently the most overhyped player on here.

You have a better example of a player that is more hyped with an outlandish valuation?
Mattya
RealGM

Post#16 » by Mattya » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:04 pm

I think it's ridiculous claim. Considering I have only seen people looking for expirings a very late first, if that.
shrink
RealGM

Post#17 » by shrink » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:07 pm

if you're going to call him "the most over-hyped player "on the board" or "considering how many people think a lotto pick is fair," you are implying several posters believe that is true. One or two posters can't make him the most over-hyped player on the entire board.

Who are these posters anyway? I keep a pretty close eye on the MIN threads, and I think I would have swatted down anyone who made that kind of over-valuation.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
HartfordWhalers

Post#18 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:08 pm

Mattya wrote:I think it's ridiculous claim. Considering I have only seen people looking for expirings a very late first, if that.

You are aware the Memphis pick is reverse protected?
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#19 » by red96 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:12 pm

I don't like it for Houston. I like Brewer in red, but not at that price. Imo Brewers value is around a TPE +a nice 2nd rounder(s) or Montiejunas. Not not quite worth Cannan and Montiejunas starts right now due to injuries. I don't see a real needl for Shabazz in Houston. Turiaf plays a position of need but isn't he pretty much garbage now? We have enough sub par bigs on our bench as it is.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
shrink
RealGM

Post#20 » by shrink » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:15 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Mattya wrote:I think it's ridiculous claim. Considering I have only seen people looking for expirings a very late first, if that.

You are aware the Memphis pick is reverse protected?

You are aware that that protection is only for two years, and MEM has one of the best records in the NBA right now?

I suppose there is a chance that in a couple years the pick could fall into the lottery, but it shouldn't be talked of as a lotto pick when it's expected value is not a lotto pick.

Return to Trades and Transactions