Sessions to your team for a 2nd

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Sessions to your team for a 2nd 

Post#1 » by City of Trees » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:14 am

I'd like to see young Ray McCallum back up D. Collison. Sessions body of work shows what type of player he is (even if he has started slow this season). Short contract and dirt cheap, your team can have Sessions for a 2nd round pick that is heavily protected for all I care. Who wants him? GO!

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Re: Sessions to your team for a 2nd 

Post#2 » by HornetJail » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:24 am

Play Sesh at the 2.

Otherwise, I'd certainly make a play for him assuming we can move one of Marvin or Hendo
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,170

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:24 am

Philly should be a good fit.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#4 » by City of Trees » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:28 am

BizGilwalker wrote:Play Sesh at the 2.

Otherwise, I'd certainly make a play for him assuming we can move one of Marvin or Hendo
Kings pair Collison & Sessions at times but the truth is McLemore and Stauskas deserve those minutes at the 2. For me Sessions is the odd man out.

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#5 » by blind prophet » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:33 am

LOL please someone take this man.

Have another deadline scenario too.

Kings out Williams, expiring contract.

Looking for a lottery team who has a pg somewhat above the corpse level of talent, honestly just someone decent and a veteran who you don't want any more, like a two year cheap contract.

If you need to add a filler, a pf who can cover some of the stretch 4's out there who also expires.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#6 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:26 am

JR+2nd rounder + Jason Smith for Derek Williams and Ramon Sessions
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
beb0p
Junior
And1: 51

Post#7 » by beb0p » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:41 am

Let me get this straight, the Kings have a productive backup PG on a cheap contract. That apparently is a problem and needs to be traded... for a 2nd round pick.

The starting PG went down with an injury is when this brilliant idea to trade away the solid backup PG is raised.

All this to make the Kings give more minutes to a third string PG who is likely a career backup. The idea is that the third string PG cannot outplay the 2nd string PG, so just trade away the 2nd string PG. Problem solved.

Hmmkay.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#8 » by blind prophet » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:15 am

beb0p wrote:Let me get this straight, the Kings have a productive backup PG on a cheap contract. That apparently is a problem and needs to be traded... for a 2nd round pick.

The starting PG went down with an injury is when this brilliant idea to trade away the solid backup PG is raised.

All this to make the Kings give more minutes to a third string PG who is likely a career backup. The idea is that the third string PG cannot outplay the 2nd string PG, so just trade away the 2nd string PG. Problem solved.

Hmmkay.

Have you seen Sessions play this season?

If so please tell us something worthwhile he has done.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#9 » by City of Trees » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:32 am

beb0p wrote:Let me get this straight, the Kings have a productive backup PG on a cheap contract. That apparently is a problem and needs to be traded... for a 2nd round pick.

Hmmkay.
Most who have watched the Kings will tell you the 3rd string PG has outplayed the 2nd string PG. Malone is choosing to stick with the veteran 2nd string PG which angers many Kings fans.

youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,611

Post#10 » by youngthegiant » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:36 am

D-Will + Sessions for Mcgee!!!!!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#11 » by City of Trees » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:48 am

youngthegiant wrote:D-Will + Sessions for Mcgee!!!!!
that could crush any hopes Sac has in the upcoming free agency but I'd do this trade based on the players. McGee is a knucklehead but he would be a nice back up C off the bench in relief for Cuz. Big overpay tho IMO

beb0p
Junior

Post#12 » by beb0p » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:08 am

blind prophet wrote:

Hmmkay.

Have you seen Sessions play this season?

If so please tell us something worthwhile he has done.

He had a terrible last game, but he did decent (in a low key, not good but just decent enough to win sort of way) in the win against NO. He did a better than expected job defensively against Holiday. That's basically is what you should expect from a backup PG.

Obviously he will not shoot this poorly all season nor turns the ball over 5 times a game every game. Just be patient.
beb0p
Junior

Post#13 » by beb0p » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:11 am

City of Trees wrote:Most who have watched the Kings will tell you the 3rd string PG has outplayed the 2nd string PG. Malone is choosing to stick with the veteran 2nd string PG which angers many Kings fans.

So Malone don't know what the heck he is doing and the Kings fans know better right? :noway:
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#14 » by teerfour+40LG » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:34 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:JR+2nd rounder + Jason Smith for Derek Williams and Ramon Sessions

Give us Prigioni instead of the 2nd rounder and Jason Smith, and I do it.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,099

Post#15 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:43 am

Hmmkay.

Well, Sessions isn't really productive. He's been pretty bad actually.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ira01.html
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#16 » by becorz » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:54 am

It's been 14 games. Chill out. If Sessions had his stats from last year (12.3ppg 4.1apg in 26.7minutes) you wouldn't be saying the same thing. Judging by Ray McCallum's night tonight, he isn't ready to take on the backup job just yet.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#17 » by blind prophet » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:37 am

becorz wrote:It's been 14 games. Chill out. If Sessions had his stats from last year (12.3ppg 4.1apg in 26.7minutes) you wouldn't be saying the same thing. Judging by Ray McCallum's night tonight, he isn't ready to take on the backup job just yet.

You cannot defend this man, not by his on the court play. His stats are not at that level, and those came from bad teams.

Can he fit here in a different part of the rotation or with different expectations? Maybe.

But surely not how it has been, this isn't some kid out of college either.

He collectively makes every person worse on the court in this current role.

Now if you said, hey let's move him to the SG spot because we have better option A, let's try using him at option B I could see it.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#18 » by deneem4 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:32 am

andre miller and 2nd for Williams and sessions

get a pure vet guard who wont take too many minutes but will control the offense and not make dumb decisions
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#19 » by FutureKnicksGM » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:42 am

blind prophet wrote:LOL please someone take this man.

Have another deadline scenario too.

Kings out Williams, expiring contract.

Looking for a lottery team who has a pg somewhat above the corpse level of talent, honestly just someone decent and a veteran who you don't want any more, like a two year cheap contract.

If you need to add a filler, a pf who can cover some of the stretch 4's out there who also expires.

blind prophet
RealGM

Post#20 » by blind prophet » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:45 am

deneem4 wrote:andre miller and 2nd for Williams and sessions

get a pure vet guard who wont take too many minutes but will control the offense and not make dumb decisions

I take that deal, Miller still had game last year, I assume he is still serviceable for 15 mpg still. All he has to do is stay in front of the guy he is defending, and run the offense.

If Miller can still play, that would be a perfect situation. He'd be a good person to enhance Collisons game some, and teach Ray a thing or two as well.

Return to Trades and Transactions