Minnesota Rebuilds Part I

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Minnesota Rebuilds Part I 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:37 am

The first rebuilding project for the Wolves did not work as planned. Too many injuries, inconsistencies, the trade of Kevin Love, and not enough chemistry to make the project work as planned. So Minnesota looks to blow the matchstick house and look to rebuild their solid foundation this time around. Keep in mind that rebuilding is necessary to build towards success in the future.

*To keep from being too long of a read, the breakdown will be done in four parts*

Trade #1

Wolves trade C.Brewer
Wolves receives R.Bullock and M.Leonard

Clippers trade R.Bullock and M. Barnes
Clippers receive C. Brewer

Blazers trade M. Leonard
Blazers receive M. Barnes

Wolves get back unproven prospects in Bullock and Leonard who have yet to crack the rotation of their previous teams due to other players ahead of them. Both are versatile and athletic players. Leonard can be consider a stretch PF/C on the offensive end while needing to improve his defense and rebounding strengths. Bullock can go between SG and SF providing his perimeter ability and decent defense. Will need to improve on assertiveness, strength, and being more aggressive on the floor.

Clippers get back Brewer who is on the Clippers most wanted list. He provides the Clippers youth, defense, and spot up shooting from beyond the arc for the Clips to use to their advantage at the SF position

Blazers get a veteran in Barnes who can spell some backup minutes for Batum at SF. Something that Dorell Wright has failed to accomplished to this point. Barnes is capable of in your face defense, set up shooter from beyond the arc, high energy effort.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,971

Re: Minnesota Rebuilds Part I 

Post#2 » by Domejandro » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:42 am

I would much rather get a Traded Player Exception and a second than that. Plus, we already have sixteen contracts on our roster. Even if we didn't, I would probably take the TPE and second to be honest.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:01 am

Keep in mind, I have the breakdown in four parts. I'm aware of Jeff Adrian being the Wolves sixteen player due to the mass of injuries the Wolves have substain as of late. Also, just the TPE and a second rounder? The Wolves need some players and considering their current state who would the Wolves look to acquire with the TPE if they intend on using it?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,830

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:16 am

Obviously I have to withhold some judgement on the Wolves part until I see where you are going, but just this deal on its own seems okay. The Wolves can certainly give Leonard a bunch of minutes and see what he's got. They don't really need the TPE and Im not sure a 2nd has any meaningful value at all. I like it for the Clippers and like it even for the Blazers tho they might be better served just taking Brewer for themselves if they think they can afford him next year.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:35 am

Chuck Texas wrote:Obviously I have to withhold some judgement on the Wolves part until I see where you are going, but just this deal on its own seems okay. The Wolves can certainly give Leonard a bunch of minutes and see what he's got. They don't really need the TPE and Im not sure a 2nd has any meaningful value at all. I like it for the Clippers and like it even for the Blazers tho they might be better served just taking Brewer for themselves if they think they can afford him next year.

I thought about a deal with Brewer to the Blazers myself recently. Like you stated above, can they afford it? From the looks their finances I say no because the Blazers have too many key players who are UFA like LaMarcus Aldridge, Robin Lopez, and Wesley Matthews. Although Dorell Wright and Thomas Robinson are UFAs' as well, they will likely not comeback to the Blazers. Which gives the Blazers more cap room to get these three guys back in the fold.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,659

Post#6 » by shrink » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:40 am

I don't mind this return for the Wolves, providing you deal with their roster issues in future trades.

I like the originality too!
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#7 » by SD2042 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:28 pm

shrink wrote:I don't mind this return for the Wolves, providing you deal with their roster issues in future trades.

I like the originality too!

Thx bro!

Return to Trades and Transactions