Nets/Kings/Thunder-(Williams, Stauskas, Jackson)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Draz3n
Sophomore
And1: 6

Nets/Kings/Thunder-(Williams, Stauskas, Jackson) 

Post#1 » by Draz3n » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:08 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mnmpcvv

Nets trade: Deron Williams, Cory Jefferson
Nets get: Reggie Jackson, Derrick Williams, Jason Thompson

Thunder trade: Reggie Jackson, Anthony Morrow, Grant Jerrett
Thunder get: Nik Stauskas, Darren Collison

Kings trade: Nik Stauskas, Darren Collison, Derrick Williams, Jason Thompson
Kings get: Deron Williams, Anthony Morrow, Grant Jerrett, Cory Jefferson

Nets - Nets trade their aging former 'star', to find out if Reggie Jackson is the real deal. If they like Jackson, they can lock him up, and move forward with a cheaper/younger PG. Thompson is a solid PF for the Nets, and they get to kick the tires on Derrick Williams. Nets save some dough this year, and next, which is a huge plus for them.

Thunder- They trade their soon to be lost PG, for the #8 pick in last offseasons draft. They also get Collison to replace Reggie. They accept to give up Morrow to Kings, because of the soon to be addition of Stauskas. I think OKC runs away with this trade, so they should probably give up a 1st rd pick...maybe to the Kings?

Kings- The Kings get their 'star' PG to go with Gay, and Cousins. They match the salaries by getting a little thin at the 4(they still have Landry, and Evans though), but i believe their team improves with the trade. Point guard play improves, and Morrow has been producing MUCH more than Stauskas.

What do you guys think? Opinions are much appreciated.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,843

Re: Nets/Kings/Thunder-(Williams, Stauskas, Jackson) 

Post#2 » by giberish » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:37 am

Tough to see OKC doing this. Stauskas IMO has more trade value than Jackson, but right now this is a downgrade on-court for a title-contending OKC team.

Also, if OKC would do this, why doesn't Sacramento cut out the Nets? The could easily resign Jackson for far less $$ than Williams costs (so they can keep their post depth), and going forward Jackson's probably at least as good over the next several years.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,099

Post#3 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:16 am

So I like the idea of Collison being the replacement backup PG if RJ gets traded, but it would have to be a win now SG coming back that would make us better on the court. Stauskus hasn't shown much and certainly wouldn't contribute this year.

But all of that is hypothetical until there is a good package out there for RJ he's off the table. He's probably off the table anyway.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#4 » by Laimbeer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:29 pm

How in the world are the nets dumping Williams' awful deal and getting an asset to boot?
LoyalKing
Veteran
And1: 1,392

Post#5 » by LoyalKing » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:43 pm

Terrible for the Kings

SAC has no interest in Deron Williams. He is one of the worst contracts in the league.
Draz3n
Sophomore

Post#6 » by Draz3n » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:59 pm

LoyalKing wrote:Terrible for the Kings

SAC has no interest in Deron Williams. He is one of the worst contracts in the league.

How do you know that? My main man Vivek probably loves Deron, and he did trade for Gay who wasn't on the most team friendly contract a little while ago.

I changed it to give the OKC pick to the Kings as well...
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#7 » by King Ken » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:03 pm

Draz3n wrote:
LoyalKing wrote:Terrible for the Kings

How do you know that? .

:nonono:
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,187

Post#8 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:06 pm

Nets steal value here from The Kings. How does Deron Williams get you Jackson, a decent power forward in Thompson and Derrick Williams.

Think OKC has to do this deal as Nick Stauskas gives them a very good prospect to develop into a 6th man

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
LoyalKing
Veteran
And1: 1,392

Post#9 » by LoyalKing » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:19 pm

Vivek chose Stauskas personally. Stauskas is his boy.

Unless you give SAC a massive upgrade over Collison, I don't see SAC adding Stauskas to go from Collison to Deron.

When SAC gambled on Gay, it was essentially for nothing and Gay was 27 y/o and still in his prime. Deron is 30 y/o and he has been in decline since he left Utah.

I find it hard to believe that Williams will net anything significant to BK if he gets traded. Not at this point, with that contract. There's only 1 GM dumb enough to spend significant assets on washed up players with massive contract but he works for BK.
Draz3n
Sophomore

Post#10 » by Draz3n » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:27 pm

LoyalKing wrote:Vivek chose Stauskas personally. Stauskas is his boy.

Unless you give SAC a massive upgrade over Collison, I don't see SAC adding Stauskas to go from Collison to Deron.

When SAC gambled on Gay, it was essentially for nothing and Gay was 27 y/o and still in his prime. Deron is 30 y/o and he has been in decline since he left Utah.

I find it hard to believe that Williams will net anything significant to BK if he gets traded. Not at this point, with that contract. There's only 1 GM dumb enough to spend significant assets on washed up players with massive contract but he works for BK.

Ok i watched the youtube video on the Kings draft room, and i know Vivek like Stauskas, but he's been pretty bad, and since the Malone firing, it looks like the owner/gm has a quick trigger.

The Kings are 11-15 and by doing this trade they would improve their PG play, backup SG play, and consequently improve their 3pt shooting by a lot. They are one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the league (I'm sure you are aware of this), and the point of drafting Nik was to improve this, and it hasn't.

Would the trade be more fair? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pbpkv7f

Kings get Perry Jones. Thunder get Garnett. Nets get Perkins.
sdballer
Senior
And1: 269

Post#11 » by sdballer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:36 pm

Kings want no part of Williams and his contract.

Return to Trades and Transactions