SAC-DET-BKN

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

MitchSlapped
Starter
And1: 32

SAC-DET-BKN 

Post#1 » by MitchSlapped » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Kings trade: Jason Thompson and Derrick Williams
Kings receive: Josh Smith

Pistons trade: Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings
Pistons receive: Deron Williams

Nets trade: Deron Williams
Nets receive: Brandon Jennings, Jason Thompson and Derrick Williams

Pretty much a combination of many rumors, and knowing how these teams do business I can see them making a deal like this. I think the Kings should also send some 2nd rounders to Detroit, I just don't know which ones since they already owe so many to other teams. I think the Kings and Nets are definitely down to do this deal, Detroit will probably need some more convincing but it depends on how SVG feels about Deron.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Re: SAC-DET-BKN 

Post#2 » by Kilo » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:31 pm

Detroit would cut out Brooklyn and just take Thompson and Williams for Smith themselves and not tough the Deron contract for the sake of moving Jennings who makes a third of Deron and one year less in length.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#3 » by Moses ShamMoses » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:07 pm

I don't really like it for Detroit. As much as I'd like Jennings and Smith off the team, Its not worth taking on Deron's bloated deal. He's an upgrade at PG but just too expensive (especially when he is injury prone). Maybe replace Deron with Joe Johnson? I think he would be a better haul for Detroit and he has one less year on his deal.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#4 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:00 am

Cut brooklyn out
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,491

Post#5 » by jayjaysee » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:50 am

I liked this general idea last year.. But think since Sac is showing interest in Deron.. Why not swap around the pieces? Based around

Brk - Deron
Brk - Smith, Jennings

Det - Jennings, Smith
Det - Landry, Williams, Sessions

Sac - Landry, Williams
Sac - Deron

I think salaries are off like 200k for Sac in that mold.. I think Det would consider

Brk - Deron, Jack (throw in Anderson and Jefferson for balance and a bit of value?) for Jennings, Smith, Sessions, Thompson

Det Jennings, Smith for Jack, Landry, Williams

Sac Landry, Williams, Thompson, Sessions for Deron - Anderson and Jefferson?

I know Sac wanted Plumlee but that was when Collison was going out.. Keeping Collison gives them a nice guard rotation that should keep Deron fresh (if that's possible)...

Det might do it with Thompson but not Landry? I don't think that really matters though, esp since Landry has been better than Thompson this year... Not sure if their fans have fallen in love with Jennings this year or not? But the deal does open up 9 million in cap space this summer if they think cap space and Drummond can attract someone (they'd have enough to bring Monroe and someone else max in)...

Return to Trades and Transactions