Eating Crow 6"Wer ist hungrig"

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,157

Re: Eating Crow 6"Wer ist hungrig" 

Post#41 » by jbk1234 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:05 pm

skywalker33 wrote:OK, so how many of you out there swore to me that Arron Afflalo would NEVER get traded for a 1st based upon what ORL traded him for ???

C'mon, confession is good for the soul ...or is that sole ??? :lol:

I was surprised but it is a late, late 1st round pick.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,157

Post#42 » by jbk1234 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:10 pm

I didn't think there was any way JR Smith would be wearing a Cavs' uniform. I also didn't think he'd play well enough not to get bought out.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#43 » by bondom34 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm

djthesonicsfan wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Thought Waiters would be decent for OKC.

I haven't come to a final opinion on Waiters yet, but I was wondering... why are you so down on him?

Still shoots too much, and not good shots. That said, he looked decent yesterday as did the whole team, I really think RJ was a bigger issue and him leaving may help Dion. They all seemed happier.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,888

Post#44 » by JasonStern » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:56 pm

off the top of my head...

the Rockets gave up Parsons for nothing, gave Ariza a desperation contract, and lost their two best bench players in Ömer Aşık and Jeremy Lin. expect a drop off - especially if Harden or Howard go down.

with Gallinari back, look for the Nuggets to be a sleeper team this year. not playoff tier because the west is so stacked, and not as good as they were under George Karl. but their bad record last year was due to injuries, so expect them to at least be a .500 team.

Portland isn't making a move at the trade deadline. instead, we'll hear some speech about how versatile the current roster is, and how it wouldn't make sense to disrupt the chemistry.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#45 » by djthesonicsfan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:40 pm

bondom34 wrote:
djthesonicsfan wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Thought Waiters would be decent for OKC.

I haven't come to a final opinion on Waiters yet, but I was wondering... why are you so down on him?

Still shoots too much, and not good shots. That said, he looked decent yesterday as did the whole team, I really think RJ was a bigger issue and him leaving may help Dion. They all seemed happier.

Ya, I specifically remember one play where Waiters drove the lane to the left, drew defenders with him and then kicked it out to KD who splashed a three from the top. You could see their joy in that simple play and, more importantly, (1) Waiters recognizing KD as top dog and (2) KD accepting and being happy to play with Waiters. Opposite of KD's typical RJ experience. Jury is still out but that's the kind of stuff I have been watching for in the games since Waiters arrived. I agree Waiters style was a bit infected. I was wondering if it was a byproduct of his poor relationship with Irving and being on a crap team. But I think I'm seeing a guy who likes who he's playing with and is very happy about playing on a winner. Anyway, still too early to tell. I was just wondering if I missed something along the way so far... discounting, of course, the horsecrap, even if it is funny, that spews from Simmon's mouth.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#46 » by bondom34 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:43 pm

djthesonicsfan wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
djthesonicsfan wrote:I haven't come to a final opinion on Waiters yet, but I was wondering... why are you so down on him?

Ya, I specifically remember one play where Waiters drove the lane to the left and then kicked it out to KD who splashed a three from the top. You could see their joy in that simple play and, more importantly, (1) Waiters recognizing KD as top dog and (2) KD accepting and being happy to play with Waiters. Opposite of KD's typical RJ experience. Jury is still out but that's the kind of stuff I have been watching for in the games since Waiters arrived. I agree Waiters style was a bit infected. I was wondering if it was a byproduct of his poor relationship with Irving and being on a crap team. But I think I'm seeing a guy who likes who he's playing with and is very happy about playing on a winner. Anyway, still too early to tell. I was just wondering if I missed something along the way so far... discounting, of course, the horsecrap, even if it is funny, that spews from Simmon's mouth.

That play is exactly the one that made me really think this!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#47 » by CellarDoor » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:01 pm

We're going to need a pterodactyl sized crow if we're all eating on ATL.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#48 » by skywalker33 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:05 am

jbk1234 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:OK, so how many of you out there swore to me that Arron Afflalo would NEVER get traded for a 1st based upon what ORL traded him for ???

Wait, isn't it just lottery protected ??? If LMA leaves.....who's to say it isn't 15-20 ???

But you're a standup guy ...
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#49 » by CellarDoor » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:17 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Wait, isn't it just lottery protected ??? If LMA leaves.....who's to say it isn't 15-20 ???

If LMA leaves, I don't think Dame is enough to keep them IN the playoffs in the West.

I think your best case would be extended healing time after the playoffs this year and LMA can't make it back until like...December. They still probably make the POs but end up a lower seed.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,824

Post#50 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:27 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

The idea of the thread is to voluntarily eat crow--not have some guy try and jam it down others throats.

If you want to start a new thread titled, why I'm smarter than everyone else--feel free to do so and post something about AA bringing back a first.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,617

Post#51 » by nomansland » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:41 pm

I thought JaVale would come back from his injury and finally show some improvement. And I never expected them to trade him this year. Over the summer, maybe, next year, probably, or even that he might ride out his contract. But not this year.
melo mvp 15
Assistant Coach
And1: 393

Post#52 » by melo mvp 15 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:45 pm

I was also really adamant that we wouldn't use Shumpert to dump JR.

Although I was also really confident that we wouldn't just dump Jose for an expirer (now whether that's due to a lack of suitors or not is up to debate).
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,559

Post#53 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:31 pm

I didn't expect the Sixers to waive McGee less than an hour before they did.

After keeping Jrich around all year, I assumed they would do the same for McGee and hope he could be a part of some trade. I'm also surprised Jrich wasn't cut after the trade deadline passed, for the roster spot.

Hinkie cares about vets (and having the right vets) more than I thought!
spidythejoe
Rookie
And1: 80

Post#54 » by spidythejoe » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:43 pm

I have a quote somewhere near the end of last season saying I couldn't see the difference between Klay Thompson and Danny Green. Still think Danny Green is underrated, but yah, love me some crow pie.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#55 » by penbeast0 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 3:43 am

Despite 35 years of bitter experience, I started to get hopeful when Washington opened the season hot against a weak schedule. CaCaw.

My share of crow for saying that Dell Curry's kid would be a bust with no PG instincts is still filling most of my freezer.

And yeah, I'd like a share of that pterodactyl for thinking ATL would be at best a 5 seed.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.

Return to Trades and Transactions