Offseason Trades - UTAH/SAC & NOP/SAC - Kings Go Run-And-Gun

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Amish Mafioso
Banned User
And1: 1,004

Re: Offseason Trades - UTAH/SAC & NOP/SAC - Kings Go Run-And-Gun 

Post#41 » by Amish Mafioso » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:09 am

Takingbaconback wrote:I rather have Gobert going forward than Cousins. His defensive presence is ridiculous.

:nod:
Amish Mafioso
Banned User

Re: Offseason Trade - UTAH/SAC 

Post#42 » by Amish Mafioso » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:37 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Yes yes it's evident I haven't watched the jazz because I don't think Gobert is worth Cousins... Great logic :crazy: :crazy:

Ok, look, I don't want to trash your opinion too much, because if I was just looking at the numbers, I'm sure I would come to the same conclusion. Hell, even if people only watch a few of Rudy's games, it might be easy to deduce as much, since he does have games that make him seem human. All I will say, is that if you watch Rudy frequently, you will understand the hype. This player has as much or more impact on the game, as anyone in the NBA, no joke. When you watch Rudy on a regular basis, defensive presence takes on a whole new meaning. I don't expect you to take my word for it, as the Rudy speaks for itself. My advice is to watch him as much as you can, but even if you don't, others will and they will correct your incorrect thinking. It's no coincidence that non-Jazz fans are disagreeing with you. Rudy is waking up fans around the league.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#43 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:44 am

Amish Mafioso wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Yes yes it's evident I haven't watched the jazz because I don't think Gobert is worth Cousins... Great logic :crazy: :crazy:

Ok, look, I don't want to trash your opinion too much, because if I was just looking at the numbers, I'm sure I would come to the same conclusion. Hell, even if people only watch a few of Rudy's games, it might be easy to deduce as much, since he does have games that make him seem human. All I will say, is that if you watch Rudy frequently, you will understand the hype. This player has as much or more impact on the game, as anyone in the NBA, no joke. When you watch Rudy on a regular basis, defensive presence takes on a whole new meaning. I don't expect you to take my word for it, as the Rudy speaks for itself. My advice is to watch him as much as you can, but even if you don't, others will and they will correct your incorrect thinking. It's no coincidence that non-Jazz fans are disagreeing with you. Rudy is waking up fans around the league.

See again I love Rudy as much as the next guy and understand his impact is much more than the 7/7/2 stat line, but that line i bolded is a joke. He in no way shape or form impacts the game in a level others players are or the Jazz would simply not be in the position they are in. I absolutely think he is an impact player in this league, comparing him to Deandre Jordan isn't an insult, it just is what it is. He is a solid guy who you can put in the lineup and not worry about, but he will never ever ever be the best player on a title team. Period. He just isn't that player who you can dump the ball into and teams have to change the whole game plan around that player. I believe Demarcus can be that player.

Demarcus problem is that at the beginning of the year the Kings were playing really well, Demarcus was happy and if you actually watch Kings games, he was finally getting calls. Now for whatever reason those same calls are not going his way and he is showing his frustration. A lot has gone wrong in Sacramento during his time with the Kings and I know from an outsiders point of view you catch 2-3 games a year and see Demarcus complaining for a no call, then you watch a vine of him not hustling on one play, but in the overall picture Kings fan have seen what he is capable of. Demarcus can and hopefully will become the best offensive center since shaq. His defense isn't terrible either, in the last two years and has taken leaps in becoming a true defensive presence.

So again I am not disrespecting Gobert at all. I understand the player he is and that can be very good, easily a top 10 center. I just don't think we can start saying he "has as much impact on the game, as anyone in the NBA" to me that is getting way ahead of ourselves.
King Baller
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#44 » by King Baller » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:32 am

bleeds_purple wrote:Trade 1

Kings send Demarcus Cousins and Ray McCallum
Jazz send Gobert, Hayward, and Burke

Utah gets one of the best centers in the league (and the bet offensive one at that) and a solid backup point guard. Paired with Favors that is a beastly and young front court tandem.

Kings get amazing value for Cousins acquire a shot blocker and a nice young wing guy to run and gun with Karl's system.

Kings could also include Casspi in this deal if needed.

Trade 2

Kings send Stauskas and Gay
Pelicans send Gordon and Anderson

Pelicans solve their back court issue and get a starting SF who can score and a SG prospect.

Kings get a reclamation project combo guard and the stretch that's badly needed to create space.

I'm debating whether the Kings would need to send their pick (assuming its retained). So feel free to consider that included/discluded.

Aftermath

We'd also have a decent amount of cap space after renouncing Derrick WIlliams which I would want to use to make a max offer to Draymond Green. GS would have a hard time matching and not finding themselves in luxury tax hell.

Assuming that all went down that leaves the kings with the following rotation...

Gobert/Thompson
Green/Anderson
Hayward/Green/McLemore
McLemore/Gordon
Collison/Miller/Gordon

Shooters all over the floor. A shot blocker in the middle. This team would be primed to play the way ownership and Karl want. Even without Green the team could just start Thompson at the four and/or give spot minutes to Landry and they would still be in decent shape.

Edit: added a second trade and some explanation for what would happen after those two went down.

IMO that line up gets about 35 wins in the West.
"I don't want to hear what he can't do. Tell me what the player can do to help us." Bill Walsh
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#45 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:42 am

King Baller wrote:IMO that line up gets about 35 wins in the West.

That's very possible. Its also possible Karl would have them playing at a ridiculous pace, they'd be one of the best shooting teams in the league, and we'd be calling them Atlanta 2.0. We'll never know.

That's 5 guys who can or have shot 40% from deep on high volume and Collison is a decent shooter himself. Gobert is a really nice rim protector and all of those guys are good to great defenders 1-4. Plus two wing guys who can create shots. The only thing missing is a post presence but GS and ATL don't have that and they have the two best records in the league.
Amish Mafioso
Banned User

Post#46 » by Amish Mafioso » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:51 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote: He in no way shape or form impacts the game in a level others players are or the Jazz would simply not be in the position they are in. .

No personal attacks.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#47 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:52 pm

[YouTube?[/YouTube]
Amish Mafioso wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote: He in no way shape or form impacts the game in a level others players are or the Jazz would simply not be in the position they are in. .

Ok, you've insured your place as community jackass. Congrats. Maybe someday you can watch the NBA again. Your opinion will obviously suck, but maybe you can improve on that, but prolly not, bitch. You heard, B!

Lol dude grow up. your calling people jackasees and b**** because they disagree with you. Your really cool. get a life.

To act like gobert makes the impact that lebron, westbrook,harden, curry, durant or the others superstars makes just completely ruins your credibility. So again call me whatever you want, I understand u have to compensate for other areas you lack.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#48 » by bondom34 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:54 pm

Calm it down fellas.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to Trades and Transactions