Warriors/Pistons/Sixers - Draft Night

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Warriors/Pistons/Sixers - Draft Night 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Given acquisition of Reggie Jackson, the fact the Sixers dealt away MCW and the Warriors are facing luxury tax for next season, ill offer this draft night idea.

To Golden State (Deal Iguodala and 2015 1st)
-Caron Butler
-2015 New Orleans 2nd round pick via Philly (projected 40-45)

To Detroit (Deal Jennings and Butler)
-Andre Iguodala
-2015 Golden State 1st round pick (projected 29-30)

To Philadelphia (Deal 2nd round pick)
-Brandon Jennings

Why?
-Golden State cuts salary by about $7.5 million in order to allocate that towards re-signing Draymond Green to give them more flexibility under luxury tax.

Curry/Livingston
Thompson/Holiday/Rush
Green/Barnes/Butler
Lee/Speightts/#42
Bogut/Festus

-Detroit was reportedly looking at Joe Johnson and I think Iguodala would be a solid alternative as starting SF to add to core of Jackson/Pope/Monroe/Drummond.

Jackson/Dinwiddie
Pope/Meeks
Iguodala/#10/Martin
Monroe/Tolliver/#40
Drummond/#30

-Sixers get short term starting PG, although coming off injury, to start to allow for potentially Russell or Mudiaye to come off bench in first year. It gives Jennings a chance to get minutes to show he is capable of getting new contract in 2016 as starter.

Jennings/#3/
Wroten/Sampson/Thompson
Covington/Grant/#33
Noel/#15/Aldemir
Embiid/McGee/Sims?
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Re: Warriors/Pistons/Sixers - Draft Night 

Post#2 » by Laimbeer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:43 pm

I really doubt Philly has any interest in Jennings. I'd consider it as Detroit. The late first and positional need might be enough to take on an extra year of questionable contract. GSW doesn't seem to be paying a very big price to dump Iggy.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#3 » by BullyKing » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:54 pm

It depends on his recovery. Philly definitely does not have interest in Jennings as a long term piece but might be willing to do this to see if Jennings can recover and be flipped by the deadline for more than a 2nd.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#4 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:28 pm

BullyKing wrote:It depends on his recovery. Philly definitely does not have interest in Jennings as a long term piece but might be willing to do this to see if Jennings can recover and be flipped by the deadline for more than a 2nd.

That was my thought. The Sixers buy low, and take risk in dealing one of their 5 2015 2nd round picks. Jennings is a short term piece to allow for their potential PG lottery pick to come off the bench playing 18-20 mpg and then if Jennings has bolstered his value come trade deadline next year, they can flip him for potentially equal or greater value and allow their rookie PG to start last 25-30 games of 2015-16.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#5 » by BullyKing » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
BullyKing wrote:It depends on his recovery. Philly definitely does not have interest in Jennings as a long term piece but might be willing to do this to see if Jennings can recover and be flipped by the deadline for more than a 2nd.

That was my thought. The Sixers buy low, and take risk in dealing one of their 5 2015 2nd round picks. Jennings is a short term piece to allow for their potential PG lottery pick to come off the bench playing 18-20 mpg and then if Jennings has bolstered his value come trade deadline next year, they can flip him for potentially equal or greater value and allow their rookie PG to start last 25-30 games of 2015-16.

Yeah, the thought process definitely makes sense. I think its unlikely if only because Tony Wroten basically presents the same opportunity at a cheaper cost (both in terms of acquisition cost and salary).
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Phil_E_Moose
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#6 » by Phil_E_Moose » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:30 pm

I don't hate taking on Jennings, but I don't think the Sixers would give up an asset (even a middling second rounder) to do it. You could probably have the rights to Chu Chu Maduabum though.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#7 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:32 pm

The Sixers buy low, and take risk in dealing one of their 5 2015 2nd round picks. At 26 come start of next season, I think there is a good chance Jennings comes back capable of playing 25mpg. He proved to be effective this season with Monroe and Drummond and perhaps same can be said in playing with Noel/Embiid.

Jennings is a short term piece to allow for their potential PG lottery pick to come off the bench playing 18-20 mpg and then if Jennings has bolstered his value come trade deadline next year, they can flip him for potentially equal or greater value and allow their rookie PG to start last 25-30 games of 2015-16.[/quote]
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#8 » by Warriorfan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:08 pm

High seconds ares valuable picks warrior have drafted Monte Ellis Draymond Green in the top of 25
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#9 » by theatlfan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:52 am

Intriguing deal but I would pass from PHI's end too. While I like rehab projects, I'd be hesitant to take on Jennings as a rehab project due to the Achilles injury but PHI doesn't seemed remotely interested in taking on rehab projects at all. A rehab project could help the team win enough games to drop into the bottom 1/2 of the top 10. They'd prefer to use cap space to get assets. If DET (or GSW) thinks Jennings is done - at least for next year - and would attach a 2nd going to PHI for Jennings instead of them sending one, then they'd be more likely to bite.

I actually pass for GSW too. Igoudala gives them an elite perimeter defender to offset their elite perimeter O. Could be wrong but I am not sure that Butler approximates that regardless of the savings. Scary proposition for a championship contender to shorten their window even if they saved > $10M in the deal.

Return to Trades and Transactions