Brooklyn - Dallas - New Orleans

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,381

Brooklyn - Dallas - New Orleans 

Post#1 » by drosestruts » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:13 pm

Brooklyn in: Eric Gordon and Monta Ellis
Brooklyn out: Joe Johnson

Dallas in: Jrue Holiday
Dallas out: Monta Ellis

New Orleans in: Joe Johnson
New Orleans out: Eric Gordon and Jrue Joliday

Brooklyn doesn't save any money as all deals involved are expiring, however it gives them Monta's bird rights and I view him as a player they'd be more willing to keep in the future than Joe Johnson. If not, it distributes JJ's salary amongst multiple players for a season.

Dallas - The Rondo experiment seemed to fail and Dallas will be looking for a point guard next season while having little to no cap space. Swapping Ellis for Holiday gives them a point guard on a reasonable deal for the next two seasons.

New Orleans should go with either Holiday or Evans as their point guard, in this scenario they choose Evans while adding Joe Johnson's shooting and scoring ability to the wing. Evans-Johnson-Pondexter-Davis-Asik is a very very long lineup.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,821

Re: Brooklyn - Dallas - New Orleans 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:18 pm

Monta probably opts out which throws a wrench into this because I don't think he wants Brooklyn and I don't think Brooklyn wants him on a long-term contract.

But beyond that its poor value for the Pelicans. I like Joe Johnson, but....

Both Brooklyn and Dallas steal value in this deal. I'd do for Dallas in a heartbeat, but New Orleans never would consider it.

A deal that probably makes more sense is cutting out Dallas and making it Tyreke/Gordon for Joe/Hawks 1st. Pelicans get a better fitting lineup and clear out the end of Evans contract. Meanwhile the Nets get a lot younger and add depth and Evans deal isn't a huge problem with the cap rising.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 767

Post#3 » by lordjeff05 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:19 pm

I'd switch out holiday for Anderson and cut Dallas out. Jrue can play the off guard and also d up on point guards.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#4 » by DanTown8587 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:06 pm

The problem with this deal is who plays PG for New Orleans? Holliday isn't bad (hurt but not bad) and they severely limit their depth which is already pretty poor vs the rest of the league. Maybe something built around Evans for JJ (saves short term money for BK, New Orleans opens up more 2016 cap) but for this, I don't see it.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,381

Post#5 » by drosestruts » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:07 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:The problem with this deal is who plays PG for New Orleans? Holliday isn't bad (hurt but not bad) and they severely limit their depth which is already pretty poor vs the rest of the league. Maybe something built around Evans for JJ (saves short term money for BK, New Orleans opens up more 2016 cap) but for this, I don't see it.

Evans would play point guard. He's played point while Holiday was (is still?) injured and played better at point then he does off the ball.

It does limit their depth, something that's been hurt by New Orleans trading picks away, something they should really stop doing.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#6 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Apr 3, 2015 1:01 am

lordjeff05 wrote:I'd switch out holiday for Anderson and cut Dallas out. Jrue can play the off guard and also d up on point guards.

Nets likely resign Teletovic, who is a poor man's Anderson..which is fine as he is a 20mpg type guy with Thad the starter....but in theory I like the fit if the Nets didn't want to pay Mirza. Anderson was one of Lopez's best friends when on the team and could be a nice fit. His health is always an issue it seems...as is Gordon..and Lopez. Kinda risky. Value wise it seems a bit in NOs favor because of those players health concerns vs an ironman and best player in JJ... but I could be biased.

D.Will l Jack
M.Brown l E.Gordon l Karasev
Bogdanovic l AA
T.Young l R.Anderson l C.Jefferson
Lopez l Plumlee

Our bench would be much better and depending on how they play and Hollins plays them, the starters could improve as well. Question is how much does this team need JJ? Offense seems better through Lopez but we don't have an above average starter other than Lopez without JJ.. So who knows. If we got value back, which the OP attempted to, it would be reason to do it Oherwise we probably don't improve much if any from this deal..and it's riskier given the injury worries.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#7 » by pelifan » Fri Apr 3, 2015 2:15 am

I pass on this all together. No interest.

Return to Trades and Transactions