Tor - Min - Lal

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,218

Tor - Min - Lal 

Post#1 » by Def Leppard » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:34 am

Got some advise to stay on this idea but to come up with some changes... Here it is.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kkk695u

Tor sends: Derozen, Ross
Tor receives: Martin, Deing, LA 2015 2nd round pick (34th)

Min sends: Martin, Deing
Min receives: Ross, Lin (expiring), Tor 2017 2nd round pick

Lal sends: Lin, LA 2015 2nd round pick (34th)
Lal receives: Derozen

The obvious question... Why male models?

Toronto: Trade for a great shooting 2 in Martin who's contact is good but will look even better when the cap goes up. Can help space the floor and give space to Kyle and Val to operate. Pick up a great, talented back up to big Val in Deing and get a very early 2nd round pick that Maasi can maybe do damage with. Frees up some cap so we have more money to throw at free agents or help resign current players.

Min: Turns an older 2 guy into a young, cheap, very athletic Terrance Ross. Pick up Lin who is expiring but, might be a good fit in Min and get a 2017 2nd from Toronto. My thinking here is that with the 1 or 2 pick in this draft Min would select one of Okafor or Towns, which would replace any of Diengs minutes. Also, can you imagine the highlights Ross, Wiggins and Lavine would throw together... Yikes.

LA: They get a all star in Demar who's from Compton for Lins expiring and a 2nd... Can't see why they wouldn't do it! Even if they don't want to keep demar, easy to flip him for way more then Lin and a 2nd would get you! La sends the least and gets the best player in the deal... Maybe something is wrong here.... Clearly NBA conspiracy!

Any better? Flame away sweet world.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Re: Tor - Min - Lal 

Post#2 » by DanishLakerFan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:03 am

Not sure if this deal is possible since Lin is a free agent this summer, so it would have to be divided into separate deals and he would have to agree to do a sign and trade.

I think Min and Lal would do this deal in a heartbeat, but Toronto who actually should be looking to add a wing, rather than trade two, wouldn't do it.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#3 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:06 am

Too good for LA.
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,107

Post#4 » by JB2 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:37 am

Too good for LA. yeah to say the least.

Toronto is insulted by such a idiotic offer
damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#5 » by damedash09 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:42 am

This is to good for the Lakers
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#6 » by Mattya » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:44 am

This makes no sense for the Wolves.
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Tor - Min - Lal 

Post#7 » by Kenyon009 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:22 pm

Lol Derozan is worth a lot more than that garbage alone.
WeTheNorth77
Sixth Man
And1: 2,865

Post#8 » by WeTheNorth77 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:22 pm

Why is toronto always getting ripped off in these deals. We have masia bro, we should be the ones ripping teams off. Counter offer. Randle+whatever prospect they get in the draft for grevis vasques+rights to sign chuck hayes

Sent from my SGH-M919V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,821

Re: 

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:23 pm

WeTheNorth77 wrote:Why is toronto always getting ripped off in these deals. We have masia bro, we should be the ones ripping teams off. Counter offer. Randle+whatever prospect they get in the draft for grevis vasques+rights to sign chuck hayes

This kind of thing doesn't add anything useful to discussion.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,821

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:28 pm

OP,

If the idea is to add Martin/Dieng to the Raptors(an idea I like btw) why not simplify this and make the deal:

Vasquez
2015 TOR 1st
2016 TOR 1st(lotto protected)

for

Martin
Dieng

Raptors add 2 quality pieces that fit exactly what they need. Wolves get teh stopgap backup PG they need and a couple 1st round picks.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#11 » by Slava » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:27 pm

I like Ross more than Derozan. I'd do Lin (S&T) + Clippers 2nd for Ross.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Slava » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:55 pm

yenrallik11 wrote:
Slava wrote:I like Ross more than Derozan. I'd do Lin (S&T) + Clippers 2nd for Ross.

Ha, thats insulting to the raptors sir. Lin has recieved plenty of healthy DNPs on a crap laker team that has needed help at every position all year. The 2nd means nothing ... and ya want ross? A young, atheltic guard with all kinds of potential who is a contributor on a playoff team. Back to the drawing board, garbage offer

Isn't Ross going through the same thing with Casey? We'd be happy to take Vazquez's salary if you want.
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#13 » by Kenyon009 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Slava wrote:
yenrallik11 wrote:
Slava wrote:I like Ross more than Derozan. I'd do Lin (S&T) + Clippers 2nd for Ross.

Ha, thats insulting to the raptors sir. Lin has recieved plenty of healthy DNPs on a crap laker team that has needed help at every position all year. The 2nd means nothing ... and ya want ross? A young, atheltic guard with all kinds of potential who is a contributor on a playoff team. Back to the drawing board, garbage offer

Isn't Ross going through the same thing with Casey? We'd be happy to take Vazquez's salary if you want.

Vasquez and a second for Lin (S&T)? Ross is getting minutes but James Johnson isn't you got those two mixed up.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#14 » by Golabki » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:12 pm

Def Leppard wrote:Tor sends: Derozen, Ross

Few things...

1. I think Toronto is smart enough to be looking to move Derozan. To me Derozan suffers from Evan Turner syndrome. He's an offensively minded player, and he can really help a bad offensive team, but he's just not efficient enough to really help a good offense. (note: Derozan is clearly better than Turner overall... I just mean the problem is similar).

2. I think the Lakers are dumb enough to go after DeRozan.

3. I think the Lakers would have to give up more to get Derozan. I think #5 for DeRozan and #20 is more likely than what's in the OP. I'm not saying I'd do that for the Lakers if I was the GM, but I could see it happening.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Slava » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:38 pm

Golabki wrote:
Def Leppard wrote:Tor sends: Derozen, Ross

Few things...

1. I think Toronto is smart enough to be looking to move Derozan. To me Derozan suffers from Evan Turner syndrome. He's an offensively minded player, and he can really help a bad offensive team, but he's just not efficient enough to really help a good offense. (note: Derozan is clearly better than Turner overall... I just mean the problem is similar).

2. I think the Lakers are dumb enough to go after DeRozan.

3. I think the Lakers would have to give up more to get Derozan. I think #5 for DeRozan and #20 is more likely than what's in the OP. I'm not saying I'd do that for the Lakers if I was the GM, but I could see it happening.

Jeez.. what else can you see happening Clairvoyant Claire?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Post#16 » by jbk1234 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:50 pm

Dieng, Martin, and an early second for Derozan isn't horrible value but the problem is that Minny isn't getting anywhere near equal value for Dieng and Martin.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#17 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:54 pm

Between this and the other LAL thread, DD is getting undervalued as a whole.
Fairly Young, great contract, gets to the line, great mid range game and one of the better SGs in the game. The #4 pick or Randle are much closer than a second.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,156

Post#18 » by jbk1234 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:00 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Between this and the other LAL thread, DD is getting undervalued as a whole.
Fairly Young, great contract, gets to the line, great mid range game and one of the better SGs in the game. The #4 pick or Randle are much closer than a second.

And K. Mart and Dieng are what - filler?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
crossroads
Pro Prospect
And1: 375

Post#19 » by crossroads » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:41 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:Between this and the other LAL thread, DD is getting undervalued as a whole.

No, they're a pretty good return for DeRozan. But they're being sent out by minny, and Demar (in this trade) is going to the lakers, who are somehow acquiring him for just Lin and a 2nd round pick
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#20 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:55 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

Toronto also sends out Ross, but mainly I'm looking at LA stealing DD for a second essentially.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.

Return to Trades and Transactions