MIN/LAL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

MIN/LAL 

Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Pek & Shabazz for Randle

Minny deals from depth (Wiggins) and dumps Pek. Lakers get a better prospect at the three but take a chance absorbing Pek.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Re: MIN/LAL 

Post#2 » by Mattya » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Too good for Minnesota.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#3 » by Karmaloop » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:58 pm

You're joking right?
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#4 » by Xman » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:58 pm

Good for Minny - doubt LAL wants Pek though.

I like Randle - I think he would fill that 4 spot for Miny for years.

Bennett, Shabazz and Dieng is overpay - but Randle might be worth it - especially if Minny adds another center at #1.
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#5 » by isiah_thomas » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:58 pm

Lakers pass quickly
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#6 » by loserX » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:58 pm

Yeah, based on what I'm hearing from Minny fans, nobody actually really knows when (if?) Pek's going to be back. LA isn't going to take the chance on that while compromising so much of their precious future capspace just to trade Randle for Shabazz.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,828

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:07 pm

I'm assuming the Lakers value Randle more than Shabazz and Pek is a large negative at this point considering all his health issues and how much money is still due him.

To give you an idea of how far off I think the value is--Minny would have to add their pick this year and even then I think the Lakers pass.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#8 » by LApwnd » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:08 pm

wouldn't take the deal even if Pek was 100%
Mattya
RealGM

Post#9 » by Mattya » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:17 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:I'm assuming the Lakers value Randle more than Shabazz and Pek is a large negative at this point considering all his health issues and how much money is still due him.

To give you an idea of how far off I think the value is--Minny would have to add their pick this year and even then I think the Lakers pass.

This is an exaggeration. Randle doesn't have that kind of value.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,828

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:21 pm

Mattya wrote:
Chuck Texas wrote:I'm assuming the Lakers value Randle more than Shabazz and Pek is a large negative at this point considering all his health issues and how much money is still due him.

This is at least as much about how bad that Pekovic contract is, as it is about Randle's positive value. That's a lot of valuable cap space being tied up in a guy you absolutely cannot depend on. No team is doing that for a prospect swap.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#11 » by Karmaloop » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:26 pm

Mattya wrote:This is an exaggeration. Randle doesn't have that kind of value.

In terms of value, he's closer to Minnesota's pick than he is the package that the OP has.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#12 » by Mattya » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:36 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:
Mattya wrote:

This is at least as much about how bad that Pekovic contract is, as it is about Randle's positive value. That's a lot of valuable cap space being tied up in a guy you absolutely cannot depend on. No team is doing that for a prospect swap.

Randle doesn't have top 5 pick value. Especially considering Randle has missed the entire year with an injury himself. Getting Shabazz on top of that just to take on Pek is crazy. Philly took on 1.5 years of McGee's contract just to buy him out for a protect pick from the Thunder that looks to be in the 20s.

Karmaloop wrote:

In terms of value, he's closer to Minnesota's pick than he is the package that the OP has.

Agreed, but only if the pick isn't in the top 2 or 3. Julius Randle doesn't bring back a top 2 pick this year, even if you are taking on Pek's contract. It is closer than the original deal if the pick is 4-5 and Pek. But in no way is Julius Randle worth Top 5 pick, plus Shabazz, and Pek.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,170

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:37 pm

Pek and Shabazz if packaged together probably get you Wesley Johnson.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#14 » by Karmaloop » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:54 pm

Mattya wrote:Agreed, but only if the pick isn't in the top 2 or 3. Julius Randle doesn't bring back a top 2 pick this year, even if you are taking on Pek's contract. It is closer than the original deal if the pick is 4-5 and Pek. But in no way is Julius Randle worth Top 5 pick, plus Shabazz, and Pek.

Put it this way, who would the Lakers take over Julius Randle? Towns and Okafor are probably pretty safe bets, and they probably take Mudiay over him. I doubt they take Russell over him, and aside from that nobody else is worth Randle. So you need a top 3 pick for the Lakers to even consider moving Randle. You don't want to give that up? That's fine, the Lakers are more than happy to watch Randle develop into a great power forward.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#15 » by Mattya » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:56 pm

Karmaloop wrote:
Mattya wrote:Agreed, but only if the pick isn't in the top 2 or 3. Julius Randle doesn't bring back a top 2 pick this year, even if you are taking on Pek's contract. It is closer than the original deal if the pick is 4-5 and Pek. But in no way is Julius Randle worth Top 5 pick, plus Shabazz, and Pek.

Put it this way, who would the Lakers take over Julius Randle? Towns and Okafor are probably pretty safe bets, and they probably take Mudiay over him. I doubt they take Russell over him, and aside from that nobody else is worth Randle. So you need a top 3 pick for the Lakers to even consider moving Randle. You don't want to give that up? That's fine, the Lakers are more than happy to watch Randle develop into a great power forward.

I'd take Russell, Mudiay, Winslow and probably Hezonja over Randle. Its fine if he is your guy, but no way is Randle worth a top 5 pick.
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#16 » by Karmaloop » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:01 pm

Mattya wrote:I'd take Russell, Mudiay, Winslow and probably Hezonja over Randle. Its fine if he is your guy, but no way is Randle worth a top 5 pick.

And that's fine. That means the Lakers will hold onto Randle, and the Wolves or whoever can have their guy. The Lakers aren't going to be moving their very few assets just because they can. It's going to have to be a legitimate offer for them to move any of their notable assets (Clarkson, Randle, and their pick). A guy whose shown some flashes and a bad contract is an absurdly terrible offer.
Ralnor
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 545

Post#17 » by Ralnor » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:04 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Pek and Shabazz if packaged together probably get you Wesley Johnson.

This type of post does not help one bit with this discussion.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#18 » by Mattya » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Karmaloop wrote:
Mattya wrote:I'd take Russell, Mudiay, Winslow and probably Hezonja over Randle. Its fine if he is your guy, but no way is Randle worth a top 5 pick.

And that's fine. That means the Lakers will hold onto Randle, and the Wolves or whoever can have their guy. The Lakers aren't going to be moving their very few assets just because they can. It's going to have to be a legitimate offer for them to move any of their notable assets (Clarkson, Randle, and their pick). A guy whose shown some flashes and a bad contract is an absurdly terrible offer.

Did I say the Bazz and Pek was a good offer?

Mattya wrote:Too good for Minnesota.

but no way is Randle, who has been out all year, worth a top 5 pick and Shabazz, just to take on Pek.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#19 » by Laimbeer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:41 pm

Karmaloop wrote:

He was widely questioned as a prospect and after going seventh suffered a serious injury. I'm not sure you get a top ten pick in this draft. I wouldn't move the Pistons' pick for him.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,564

Post#20 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:48 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:

He was widely questioned as a prospect and after going seventh suffered a serious injury. I'm not sure you get a top ten pick in this draft. I wouldn't move the Pistons' pick for him.

Agreed. I think at 11 is about where it hits real consideration.

Return to Trades and Transactions