ABradley to HOU

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

ABradley to HOU 

Post#1 » by Xman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:43 pm

Another thread mentioned that Boston was offering ABradley up for a first at the deadline. From what I hear, he is one of the top defenders at his position - and we can see that he can shoot.
That is exactly what HOU needs in the backcourt next to Harden. So,

Hou sends: Pappanik, Prigioni, Dorsey, #25 for ABradley.

Boston could ask for Capela instead of Dorsey. Hou could also ask for one of the Boston backup big men - maybe add a 2nd rounder.

Boston gets three expirings and a pick. Is that pick enough? Probably swap Capela in for Dorsey or add a 2nd.
Hou gets Bradley which will help.

Might switch it a little: ABradley and one of (Zeller/Olynck/Sully - to be HOU backup C) for TJones and Pappanik. #25 could be added if needed.

Your version of a fair deal to get Bradley to HOU?
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Re: ABradley to HOU 

Post#2 » by Note30 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:46 pm

Maybe the NOP pick and KKP alone?
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#3 » by LApwnd » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:48 pm

did you mean 18th? cause 25th belongs to the Spurs.
Xman
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by Xman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:01 pm

Whoops 18 is right. Somehow I was thinking MEM pick (we had one with similar protections before and dealt it).

Hou sends: Pappanik, Prigioni, #18 for ABradley.

Looks better with that pick. Boston already has #16, #26 (LAC), #33 (PHI 2nd), #46? (BOS 2nd). #18 gives them some trade bait.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#5 » by Golabki » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:16 pm

I think the story was that the celtics turned down a late first for Bradley.

As a Celtics fan I do it for 18 and Capella... I love the idea of Capella next to sullinger/Olynyk
Xman
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by Xman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:30 pm

That would work for me.

It is just so hard to find 3&D guys - and getting a stud defender to put next to Harden would rock. Beverly can defend also but not to the same level and his shooting is not as good either. But, between those 2 guys, it would look solid next to Harden.
wickerhd
Bench Warmer
And1: 139

ABradley to HOU 

Post#7 » by wickerhd » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:36 pm

Pick won't be enough for Bradley. Celts are in good shape with their cap, and Danny will start using his assets to go after a key player. Bradley is available, but has to be a part of a much bigger deal

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums mobile app
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,552

Post#8 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Golabki wrote:I think the story was that the celtics turned down a late first for Bradley.

As a Celtics fan I do it for 18 and Capella... I love the idea of Capella next to sullinger/Olynyk

That feels light for Houston to me. I think Boston would have to add to get 18 with Bradley, so I wouldn't particularly like it for Houston unless they got both Philly 2nds.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#9 » by Golabki » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:30 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Golabki wrote:I think the story was that the celtics turned down a late first for Bradley.

That feels light for Houston to me. I think Boston would have to add to get 18 with Bradley, so I wouldn't particularly like it for Houston unless they got both Philly 2nds.
pereonally I'd rather have Capella than the pick... But I LOVE Capella

In terms of the 2nd rounders... I think the c's would be okay with adding a couple... They have soooo many picks coming
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#10 » by Laimbeer » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:44 pm

I'd say Capella OR the pick. Bradley isn't that great of an asset on his contract.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,552

Post#11 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:52 pm

Golabki wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

pereonally I'd rather have Capella than the pick... But I LOVE Capella

In terms of the 2nd rounders... I think the c's would be okay with adding a couple... They have soooo many picks coming

Bradley for Capela I love for both.
Xman
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by Xman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:08 pm

I like Bradley's contract. 7.7, 8.2, 8.8 over the next three years - that is cheaper than a lot of starters and most free agents - and he provides exactly what we need. Beverly will get a nice raise also next year - so over $10 mil per year will be committed between them - but they would cover all the pg minutes and some backup sg minutes (not that Harden is out much).

pg - ABradley, Beverly
sg - Harden, ABradley, Brewer, NJohnson
sf - Ariza, Brewer
pf - TJones, Motie,
c - Howard, Dorsey
plus, if resigned and not dealt, JSmith (bird rights?), Pappanik, Prigioni, Capela, JTerry

Stars at C and SG.
3&D guys at pg and sf.
A bunch of guys at pf: Motie really developed before his injury; TJones would be really good - in a traditional offense; JSmith might be kept. Would be great if we could get a Galli or Rhino, but this combo of talent should be good enough.

That would be a tough team to beat. Even if Harden had an off night, one of the others might get it going. And, stud defense at the pg, sf and c spots every night - which is something the offensive juggernauts do not have.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#13 » by Smitty731 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:44 pm

Not a fan of Capela. I haven't seen him do anything that says he'll ever be more than a backup C.

I don't want to overrate Bradley, but I'm probably going to. He's an elite level defender who can also score some. He's locked up to a very reasonable contract. And he is the kind of guy who looks even better when he's surrounded by good players. With Bradley, Smart and Thomas, Boston should have its primary backcourt locked in for a while.

That said, I wouldn't say Bradley is untouchable by any means. But it will take more than a middle round pick and a prospect for me. Mostly because he's locked up on a very good contract with a rising Cap coming.

The OP deal involves too many guys right now, as the Celtics are looking at a bit of a roster crunch as it is. And I don't want any part of Capela. I'm just not sure there is much on the Houston roster that I would want for Bradley, that is also reasonable for Boston to ask for.

Also, Harden is the nominal PG for Houston, so Bradley would be a really good fit next to him. He's basically a better version of Beverly in my mind. Not by a huge margin or anything, but just a bit of an upgrade.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#14 » by red96 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:03 pm

I dont think Bradley is an upgrade over Beverley at all besides health and his contract Isn't a deal either. With that said, i think Papa, Prigioni, and the NOP pick is far value.

The Rockets shouldn't trade Capella in a deal like this for a number of reasons. Dorsey isn't a rotation player on any hopefully contender. Howards health is questionable and it would be absolutely silly for the Rockets to have Dorsey as the next 5 up. Imo 20 yr old Capella is better and just scratching his potential. I dont see Smith returning either. Houston needs to keep some rim protection for when Howard sits.

After this deal and Beverley resigned, would we be able to resign Brewer? Im not so sure. I think we would have to let Papa walk to get Brewer back. If thats indeed the case, no way its worth it for Houston. Bladley doesn't give us anything we dont already have.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,490

ABradley to HOU 

Post#15 » by jayjaysee » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:15 am

I think Bradley fits very well for the Rockets and think getting more youth could work for Boston. But Bradley is young enough that there's no need to trade him so it would have to be an overpay I'd say.

And with all of the picks Boston has mixed with the youth they already have - I think you'd need to find something Boston wants..

Either something like

18 + 15 + ?? For 7-12th range pick

Not sure if Houston or Boston adds the extra value there but Houston gets Bradley and Boston takes Kostas for salary

Or something similar with a young big that Boston would want.. Eh.. Henson? Dieng? Or someone better that I'm not thinking of.

But I don't think Boston wants to turn Bradley into two lesser pieces - which I assume they would view 18th and a 2nd as.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
rein08
Senior
And1: 18

Post#16 » by rein08 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:56 am

Avery Bradley for Papanikolaou and Houston's 1st rounder this year
then package that pick with Boston's own to move into the top 10 to have a better chance in drafting a rim protector like WCS
12buckets
Pro Prospect
And1: 273

Post#17 » by 12buckets » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:42 am

The Celtics making the playoffs this season pushes things along faster than expected. They're not trading productive players for draft picks anymore. This off-season will be trying to get better now.
CBA
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

Post#18 » by CBA » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:48 am

I don't see the point for Houston when they can simply resign Beverley for less and keep the pick.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#19 » by DanishLakerFan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:27 am

Dont really see the point in trading for a Patrick Beverly clone, when their problem is that they need another playmaker - which Bradley isn't.

For Houston I'd much rather try to land and established PF or PG using the pick and some of the contracts they have. Perhaps they can move the New Orleans pick + Capela + filler and get someone like Ty Lawson?
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,949

Post#20 » by Drax » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:46 am

No real interest here from Bostons perspective. Avery is the most consistent player on this Celtics team right now, he's the definiton of a hard working role player. He fits well next to our other guards with his skillset and still improves a bit each offseason, so there is not pressure to move him unless of course some blows Ainge away.
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford

Return to Trades and Transactions