Grizz/Wolves

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,828

Grizz/Wolves 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:04 pm

Vince Carter
Jon Leuer
#25 in 2015

for

Kevin Martin

Grizzlies add a shooter/scorer to their bench and the Wolves gain a pick. Wolves probably buy out Vince and Leuer is non-gtd so they either waive him or he's cheap depth for the front court.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,170

Re: Grizz/Wolves 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:14 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:Vince Carter
Jon Leuer
#25 in 2015

for

Kevin Martin

Grizzlies add a shooter/scorer to their bench and the Wolves gain a pick. Wolves probably buy out Vince and Leuer is non-gtd so they either waive him or he's cheap depth for the front court.

After the acquisition of Jeff Green, is this really necessary for Memphis?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Shooters are always necessary, especially since Green doesn't play in the back court
Seems like a fair deal.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,564

Post#4 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:50 pm

I like it. Could see Memphis also getting the 2016 Houston 2nd (I know Earth shattering value change on the deal).
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#5 » by Golabki » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:58 pm

They've already got lee, Allen and green.

Is Martin an upgrade on those guys?

Unless green is going to be delt or used as a stretch 4 there aren't really enough minutes.

Thumbs down from the grizz
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,170

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:03 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Shooters are always necessary, especially since Green doesn't play in the back court
Seems like a fair deal.

K. Mart would be coming off the bench in Memphis. I mean you aren't starting him over Tony Allen. Courtney Lee is a better defender. There are several teams that could really use K. Mart. I'm not sure that Memphis is one of them. He's a luxury that I'm not sure they want to pay for.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#7 » by pacers33granger » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:29 pm

I don't see enough minutes for Martin with Allen/Lee there (and Adams hasn't looked bad in limited minutes too). Martin doesn't really fit too well for their style either. And I also think Memphis would prefer to keep Leur. He's mediocre, but not horrible and their only bench big signed for next season.
Texas Chuck

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:09 pm

Golabki wrote:They've already got lee, Allen and green.

Unless green is going to be delt or used as a stretch 4 there aren't really enough minutes.

Thumbs down from the grizz

Vince Carter and Nick Calathes combined to play almost 2000 minutes. I don't think there is any question about there being minutes for Martin.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#9 » by Golabki » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:25 pm

[quote="Chuck Texas"][quote="Golabki"]They've already got lee, Allen and green.

Thumbs down from the grizz[/quote]

Vince Carter and Nick Calathes combined to play almost 2000 minutes. I don't think there is any question about there being minutes for Martin.[/quote]
Calathes is the 3rd pg and 5th or 6th wing. He played 3 minutes of garbage time in the last game despite Conley being limited.

Carter was the 3rd wing option pre-green. It didn't work out so they added green to push him back to the 4th option. In the last game carter played 14 minutes, but all of lee/Allen/green played under 30. If the team wanted to they could have given Carter a DNP.

So if Martin is replacing carter... Okay but it's a pretty small role when the team is healthy. Is injury insurance worth that much money and a first rounder?
Texas Chuck

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:54 pm

I don't know if its worth it, but I think he easily would get 25 mpg without any problems. Green is probably better suited to play 4 anyway and with Zbo aging there are more minutes available behind him. Allen is aging and the team is going to want to manage his minutes wisely.

Plus injuries always happen. I think a veteran insurance policy who can shoot and score efficently is worth a very late first and the money really isn't that bad with Vince's $4M going out. He's definitely worth an additional $3M next year even if you are right about him getting very limited minutes. But again I disagree a lot about the minutes concern. Better to have too many guys who can play than not enough anyway.

Return to Trades and Transactions