Can the Spurs trade up for Kaminsky?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Re: Can the Spurs trade up for Kaminsky? 

Post#21 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:24 pm

I'd love to see Waiters on the Spurs. It'd be a great litmus test as to exactly what kind of player Dion can be for the rest of his career. If he can work hard enough there to earn Pop's respect, that would say something. If he's still a bit of an issue there, well, that'd tell you all you need to know.

But I feel that way for all kind of curious players. The Lance Stephenson's of the world, if you will.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,210

Post#22 » by bondom34 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I'd love to see Waiters on the Spurs. It'd be a great litmus test as to exactly what kind of player Dion can be for the rest of his career. If he can work hard enough there to earn Pop's respect, that would say something. If he's still a bit of an issue there, well, that'd tell you all you need to know.

But I feel that way for all kind of curious players. The Lance Stephenson's of the world, if you will.

Was thinking the same, if anyone could reach him, its them. It would be a great experiment in basketball psychology.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#23 » by AingesBurner » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:40 pm

If Im the Jazz and the Spurs are pining hard for Kaminsky, we offer you our pick, Trey Burke, and the rights to Tibor Pleiss for Tony Parker.
Ingles is cooked.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#24 » by loserX » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:44 pm

GobertReport wrote:If Im the Jazz and the Spurs are pining hard for Kaminsky, we offer you our pick, Trey Burke, and the rights to Tibor Pleiss for Tony Parker.

Ack no. I've always been a huge Parker fan but there's no question he's near the end of his career now. We're nowhere close to being ready to give up a lottery pick for a guy like that.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,192

Post#25 » by skones » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:15 pm

I've loved Splitter's game for close to a decade now, but it's too late for him and Milwaukee. We'd be better off moving forward with a younger option.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#26 » by Boneman2 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:27 pm

Cklbmk wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:The Pacers really shouldn't.

Larry needs to avoid having any contact with the Spurs.

Haha maybe we can gift you guys Mills as a thank you for Leonard

LOL Pop handed Bird his head on a spike.

I definitely would not give up the 11.

Sure the Pacers would like to have a contributor like Mills, but Larry seems intent on re-signing Stuckey as our 6th man. Based off Stuckey's comments the feeling is mutual.

In regards to Splitter, the Pacers' 5s are sufficient enough to where it neutralizes Splitters' value somewhat. In addition to Hibbert and Mahimi, the Pacers have Stanko Barak, who recently declared he might finally make the jump. Plus they could add Kaminsky or Cauley-Stein for themselves.

My personal favorite on the Spurs right now is Bellinell. I think he is a + signing for any team. At what cost would the Spurs lose interest in him? I'd like the Pacers to sign him. He's so versatile.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#27 » by Mykhyn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:47 pm

Foshan wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:
Foshan wrote:If the Sixer's luck into the MIA pick and they are unable to move up to get Mario, I'd consider trading #11 for Livio Jean Carlos + pick(s).

I mean thatd really depend on the pick(s).. But I could see that being a very appealing deal.

I'd probably do LJC + 26 + a future top 20 protected pick. Not sure PATFO would but I'm super high on Kaminsky and I think he'd fit extremely well if we manage to pry Lamarcus away

I would probably do that deal, as long as the pick didn't end up as 2nds. Honestly, I can't see the SAS landing below 20 (lol ever :D ) but I would want descending protection so that it is eventually conveyed.

That said, I think I'm higher on LJC than normal people... and the chances of Philly lucking into Miami's pick are incredibly small.

Also, if Philly doesn't get the pick, but Frank drops a few more picks, and there is a team looking to relieve salary in trading down, IMO Philly would absorb 5-7M in a bad deal for LJC, and then Sac pick swaps with a team in the teens.

Dont get my hopes up man. I'd be so happy I'd cry
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,565

Post#28 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:51 pm

I wouldn't do 11 for 26 and a top 20 protected. The reason to trade 11 would be to hope for more upside, and 2 picks that late don't offer it imo.
Mykhyn
General Manager

Post#29 » by Mykhyn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:51 pm

GobertReport wrote:If Im the Jazz and the Spurs are pining hard for Kaminsky, we offer you our pick, Trey Burke, and the rights to Tibor Pleiss for Tony Parker.

I mean.. I'm anti Parker.. I'd probably do that just for the shedding of his salary.

I don't think Parker ever leaves the Spurs though. He owns their international minor league team. Thats too valuable to lose.

I'd push for Kaminsky and Hood for Parker. I think Hood has potential and they need a backup 2/3
Mykhyn
General Manager

Post#30 » by Mykhyn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Boneman2 wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:The Pacers really shouldn't.

Larry needs to avoid having any contact with the Spurs.

Sure the Pacers would like to have a contributor like Mills, but Larry seems intent on re-signing Stuckey as our 6th man. Based off Stuckey's comments the feeling is mutual.

In regards to Splitter, the Pacers' 5s are sufficient enough to where it neutralizes Splitters' value somewhat. In addition to Hibbert and Mahimi, the Pacers have Stanko Barak, who recently declared he might finally make the jump. Plus they could add Kaminsky or Cauley-Stein for themselves.

My personal favorite on the Spurs right now is Bellinell. I think he is a + signing for any team. At what cost would the Spurs lose interest in him? I'd like the Pacers to sign him. He's so versatile.

I don't think Marco is coming back under any circumstance. He openly said hes going for the biggest contract he can get this offseason. We won't have his bird rights or cap room to sign him if we go for Aldridge. The only way is if Tim retired or came back for the minimum and we felt strongly enough to offer Marco the MLE.

Basically he will be on another team next year. I bet you could get him for 4-5 mil a year
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#31 » by stitches » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Trey Burke + #12(+possibly some non-guaranteed contracts) for Splitter and Mills?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:19 pm

Cklbmk wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

I don't think Marco is coming back under any circumstance. He openly said hes going for the biggest contract he can get this offseason. We won't have his bird rights or cap room to sign him if we go for Aldridge. The only way is if Tim retired or came back for the minimum and we felt strongly enough to offer Marco the MLE.

Basically he will be on another team next year. I bet you could get him for 4-5 mil a year

If we keep Stuckey, we likely wouldn't be able to sign him. We don't have Bird Rights on Stuckey, so BAE or MLE, likely the MLE will have to be used for him, leaving less than $4m for Belli.
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 386

Post#33 » by pad300 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Cklbmk wrote:Available assets:
Tiago Splitter

What do you guys think?

While I agree that SAS picking up Kaminsky could be a very strong move, you need to drop Tiago Splitter from your list of tradeable assets. You have an opinion on what Splitter brings to the table; PATFO clearly disagree otherwise he would have been gone long ago.
There is NO way SAS will trade Tiago without an experienced replacement to hand. In an S&T for Love/Gasol/Aldridge maybe; for a rookie big who might not pan out, NO! PATFO will not take a chance with any remaining championship shots in TD's career; from here until TD retires, they are in it to win it...
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 386

Post#34 » by pad300 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:

If we keep Stuckey, we likely wouldn't be able to sign him. We don't have Bird Rights on Stuckey, so BAE or MLE, likely the MLE will have to be used for him, leaving less than $4m for Belli.

I agree with all of this, the only thing I have to add is that SAS will assuredly be happy to help with an S&T. We do have early bird rights to Bellinelli ( http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25 ); which is to say an MLE level contract. If he wanted to go to IND, they were willing to pay the MLE, I am sure that SAS would be willing to help work it out ... Possibly even for a non-fee, i.e. a top 55 protected pick.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#35 » by Boneman2 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:32 pm

pad300 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

I agree with all of this, the only thing I have to add is that SAS will assuredly be happy to help with an S&T. We do have early bird rights to Bellinelli ( http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25 ); which is to say an MLE level contract. If he wanted to go to IND, they were willing to pay the MLE, I am sure that SAS would be willing to help work it out ... Possibly even for a non-fee, i.e. a top 55 protected pick.

That'd be awfully cool of Pop to look out for Marco like that. The Pacers would oblige as far as I am concerned.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:55 pm

Boneman2 wrote:
pad300 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

That'd be awfully cool of Pop to look out for Marco like that. The Pacers would oblige as far as I am concerned.

Only if we don't re sign Stuckey, or deal Mikes, Solo, or a Paul George (last ones not happening).

Also, I just doubt the Spurs would do that, as they'd have to eat salary. We don't have a TPE to do that deal, and I wouldn't see Bird swapping either Miles or Mahinmi to do it either.

Return to Trades and Transactions