Suns- Lakers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who says no?

Lakers
56%
Suns
19%
Neither
13%
Both
13%

Total votes: 16

Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Suns- Lakers 

Post#1 » by Mykhyn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:00 am

Bledsoe + 13 for #4

Lakers get Bledsoe and a late lotto pick to try to be more competitive. They would likely think they have a good chance as signing Love if they did this trade.

Suns get a top 4 pick in the draft and a 13.5mil TPE

Who says no?

Edit:
Ya... I talked myself out of this trade for the Lakers.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Re: Suns- Lakers 

Post#2 » by DanishLakerFan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:28 am

Probably both, i think.

It's not that it's a bad deal, but i dont think the Lakers are interested in giving up the cap space this summer and they would probably prefer to go into next season with a nice young rookie AND 25M worth of FAs, rather than Bledsose and 12M worth of FAs.

So unless the Lakers could turn the 13th + 27th into the 8th or 9th and get a guy like Hezonja, WCS, Oubre or Stanley Johnson, i think the Lakers pass.
Mykhyn
General Manager

Post#3 » by Mykhyn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:37 pm

IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:Probably both, i think.

It's not that it's a bad deal, but i dont think the Lakers are interested in giving up the cap space this summer and they would probably prefer to go into next season with a nice young rookie AND 25M worth of FAs, rather than Bledsose and 12M worth of FAs.

So unless the Lakers could turn the 13th + 27th into the 8th or 9th and get a guy like Hezonja, WCS, Oubre or Stanley Johnson, i think the Lakers pass.

Declining Jordan Hills team option would give them enough room to sign Love no in addition to Bledsoe no?

Kobe- 25m
Young- 5.2m
Randle 3.1m
Kelly- 1.7m
Sacre- 1m
Clarkson- .8m
Bledsoe 13.5m
4 cap holds - 2.1m

52.4m

Hmm I guess they'd have to dump Nick Young too. That doesn't seem like it'd be that hard

Bledsoe/Clarkson
Kobe/Bledsoe
??
Love/Randle
kelly/Sacre

Maybe trade randle to try to grab a SF

doesn't seem too bad of a core to build around. Spend their space next year on a C + SF and they could look interesting in a couple years

But ya you're probably right. I could see them trying to sign Rondo for cheap and grabbing Love and keeping their rookie.

Probably a better bet long term
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#4 » by Laimbeer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:43 pm

I think the value leans toward the Suns but I could see the Lakers doing the deal.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#5 » by rugbyrugger23 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Cklbmk wrote:

Declining Jordan Hills team option would give them enough room to sign Love no in addition to Bledsoe no?

Kobe- 25m
Young- 5.2m
Randle 3.1m
Kelly- 1.7m
Sacre- 1m
Clarkson- .8m
Bledsoe 13.5m
4 cap holds - 2.1m

52.4m

Hmm I guess they'd have to dump Nick Young too. That doesn't seem like it'd be that hard

Bledsoe/Clarkson
Kobe/Bledsoe
??
Love/Randle
kelly/Sacre

doesn't seem too bad of a core to build around. Spend their space next year on a C + SF and they could look interesting in a couple years

But ya you're probably right. I could see them trying to sign Rondo for cheap and grabbing Love and keeping their rookie.

Have Wolves jump in the trade. Wolves offer Dieng + Bazz + Payne + #31 for Randle + #13.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,823

Post#6 » by Saberestar » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Phoenix says no.
Bledsoe AND #13 for #4 is too much. Only the top #2 have a ton of value in tbis year's draft.
In my opinion Bledsoe for #4 it's more fair for both sides.
Mykhyn
General Manager

Post#7 » by Mykhyn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:42 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

Kobe- 25m
Young- 5.2m
Randle 3.1m
Kelly- 1.7m
Sacre- 1m
Clarkson- .8m
Bledsoe 13.5m
4 cap holds - 2.1m

52.4m

Bledsoe/Clarkson
Kobe/Bledsoe
??
Love/Randle
kelly/Sacre

Have Wolves jump in the trade. Wolves offer Dieng + Bazz + Payne + #31 for Randle + #13.

Thats not too bad. I think the Wolves would have to add a little bit more to get both Randle and the 13.

I might be overrating Randle though. I really like the kid and think he has a bright future.

Maybe just Dieng + Bazz for Randle
Mykhyn
General Manager

Post#8 » by Mykhyn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:44 pm

Saberestar wrote:Phoenix says no.
Bledsoe AND #13 for #4 is too much. Only the top #2 have a ton of value in tbis year's draft.

I think you're overrating Bledsoes value. He plays the deepest position in the league and he makes quite a bit of money. 13.5mil additional cap space is valuable.

If anything I think Phoenix needs to add more value. My initial thought was to try to get value from the Twins from another team but I couldn't find anything that made sense.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#9 » by LApwnd » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:46 pm

I'd do it as laker fan if only we can move Bledsoe elsewhere for another top 10 pick. I'd prefer the cap space instead of Bledsoe now.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#10 » by DirtyDez » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:32 pm

If I'm the Lakers and Russell is available at the pick I stay put and draft him. I would prefer Bledsoe over Mudiay though.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#11 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:08 am

Cklbmk wrote:Bledsoe + 13 for #4

Lakers get Bledsoe and a late lotto pick to try to be more competitive. They would likely think they have a good chance as signing Love if they did this trade.

Who says no?

Edit:

Big leap anyway IMO
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Mr-Al
Senior
And1: 225

Post#12 » by Mr-Al » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:23 am

Honestly I would lean toward taking that deal, but obviously it would be much easier if we kept the 13th pick

But I don't think 13th is a dealbreaker if there's a star available at #4, and I definitely think there will be
Mr-Al
Senior

Post#13 » by Mr-Al » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:24 am

LApwnd wrote:I'd do it as laker fan if only we can move Bledsoe elsewhere for another top 10 pick. I'd prefer the cap space instead of Bledsoe now.

trading for Bledsoe though seems like such as Lakers thing to do. Especially with the whole Rondo thing imploding and them failing to sign any free agents recently
Mr-Al
Senior

Post#14 » by Mr-Al » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:27 am

Cklbmk wrote:

I think you're overrating Bledsoes value. He plays the deepest position in the league and he makes quite a bit of money. 13.5mil additional cap space is valuable.

If anything I think Phoenix needs to add more value. My initial thought was to try to get value from the Twins from another team but I couldn't find anything that made sense.

Maybe, but he's still young and only Lebron, Harden, and Westbrook are putting up Bledsoe's stats
Mykhyn
General Manager

Post#15 » by Mykhyn » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:18 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:Bledsoe + 13 for #4

Who says no?

Edit:

Big leap anyway IMO

Eh no really. Love is known to want to be a Laker by almost the entire league. He can become a UFA and sign with the Lakers for a max contract.

With how this season has gone I'd honestly be more surprised if he was a Cav next year than a Laker
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,175

Post#16 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:10 am

If the Knicks fall out of the top 2, I think this deal is more likely with them. Suns probably have to take back Calderon though (they could send a future first instead of 13). The Knicks make a run at LMA and they've got something cooking. Bledsoe, Melo, and LMA can do some damage.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,823

Post#17 » by Saberestar » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:40 am

Mr-Al wrote:

Honestly I would lean toward taking that deal, but obviously it would be much easier if we kept the 13th pick

But I don't think 13th is a dealbreaker if there's a star available at #4, and I definitely think there will be

I think that only Okafor and Towns have star potential on this draft. Russel and Mudiay can be All Stars too, but the chances are not that great. Exum, Smart or Payton from last year's draft are/were even better prospects than them in my opinion.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#18 » by DanishLakerFan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:56 am

How about Julius Randle for Bledsoe?

Suns can get their PF of the future who is a nice fit with Len, they can max out Brandon Knight and then package up the Morris Twins and perhaps the 13th and move up in the draft and get someone like Oubre. They'll hit the lottery the next couple of years, which they should have done last season, but that core (Knight - Oubre - Tucker - Randle - Len) would be awesome to build around going forward.
Mr-Al
Senior

Post#19 » by Mr-Al » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:37 am

Saberestar wrote:
Mr-Al wrote:

I think that only Okafor and Towns have star potential on this draft. Russel and Mudiay can be All Stars too, but the chances are not that great. Exum, Smart or Payton from last year's draft are/were even better prospects than them in my opinion.

wow I disagree, I think Russell is a much better prospect than Exum, Payton, and Smart

I think the 1-7ish range has definite star potential
Mr-Al
Senior

Post#20 » by Mr-Al » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:40 am

IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:How about Julius Randle for Bledsoe?

Suns can get their PF of the future who is a nice fit with Len, they can max out Brandon Knight and then package up the Morris Twins and perhaps the 13th and move up in the draft and get someone like Oubre. They'll hit the lottery the next couple of years, which they should have done last season, but that core (Knight - Oubre - Tucker - Randle - Len) would be awesome to build around going forward.

Srry but no way. If I'm trading Bledsoe, I would want someone with a higher ceiling than Randle. That's just my opinion

If you get a Top 6 pick, you can get that guy if you're the Suns

He's a good prospect for sure, but I'm not taking that deal. Your pick is another question entirely

Return to Trades and Transactions