Sac-LA-Orl (w/ cousins rumors)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Re: Sac-LA-Orl (w/ cousins rumors) 

Post#41 » by tiderulz » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:20 am

Jwduff wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Jwduff wrote: I'm Someone who is just looking at box scores but you bring up how he had back to back triple doubles? That's comical

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

because you just pulled out the stats for the year, and dont know that he started the year on the bench and got better as the year went on until he took over the starting spot. You obviously have no idea how Orlando and their fans view their players. For the most part, Elf/Dipo/Gordon are core players and pretty much untouchable right now. Obviously, if a great offer came, they would consider it. But everything reported right now, not great offers, actually pretty bad offers. And for a team still rebuilding, we arent using a core player just to move up a couple of spots and take a bad contract. Just isnt going to happen
Payton, Oladipo, and Aaron Gordon? Talk about lack of spacing

its called developing players. Gordon is the 2nd youngest player in the league. Payton a rookie, Dipo a 2nd year player.
Jwduff
Pro Prospect
And1: 155

Post#42 » by Jwduff » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:55 am

Gomagic44 wrote:No from this magic fan. Too steep for 3 spots to lose our studhunk pg. guys a beast.

studhunk 26% from 3 55 FT% PG... This deal isn't gonna happen but Russell is going to be so much better than Payton it's comical how much Magic fans overvalue their rookies.

tiderulz
RealGM

Post#43 » by tiderulz » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:11 pm

Jwduff wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:No from this magic fan. Too steep for 3 spots to lose our studhunk pg. guys a beast.

studhunk 26% from 3 55 FT% PG... This deal isn't gonna happen but Russell is going to be so much better than Payton it's comical how much Magic fans overvalue their rookies.

what has russel done in the NBA yet? Payton has arguably better college credentials than Russell. just saying, look a little deeper than a few box scores to understand why we like a player.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#44 » by tiderulz » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:(insert Henny picking up the phone and laying it back down GIF)

Some will argue that Payton ALONE is valued around Russell. Let alone the #5 pick and taking back bad salary.

Is there any Non Magic fan who would argue that that Payton has superior value to Russell? Honestly, it isn't even very close which has more value

No and don't let Johnny speak for Magic fans either. Most of them understand Payton can't bring back Russell.

edit: and tiderulz immediately makes me look like an idiot for giving Magic fans credit for being able to be objective. :oops: :oops:

i would consider Payton for Russell, i wouldnt consider Payton + #5 for Russell. Russell has looked good, but he hasnt looked like a complete franchise changer
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#45 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:51 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Chuck Texas wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:
Is there any Non Magic fan who would argue that that Payton has superior value to Russell? Honestly, it isn't even very close which has more value

No and don't let Johnny speak for Magic fans either. Most of them understand Payton can't bring back Russell.

edit: and tiderulz immediately makes me look like an idiot for giving Magic fans credit for being able to be objective. :oops: :oops:

i would consider Payton for Russell, i wouldnt consider Payton + #5 for Russell. Russell has looked good, but he hasnt looked like a complete franchise changer

Exactly. I simply stated that "some" will argue that Payton is valued "around" Russell not that he is worth more or even equal. Russell is a combo offensive guard and Payton is a pass first defensive pure PG, sorry I'm not a risk taker like most. I prefer proven product than a player that could very much end up the next Evan Turner (didn't they go to the same school)?
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,828

Post#46 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:54 pm

no you didn't. Your quote is right there. You said some would argue his value was superior.

And i like Payton a lot, but calling him proven.....nah. And yes all players from the same school turn out the same.....
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#47 » by Xman » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Orl gets randle, young and Collison
LAL gets clandry, gay and DMC.
Sac gets 2, 5, 27, some future picks as can be had.

Orl rounds out its roster. LAL gets its star. Sac starts five guys picked in lottery on rookie contracts - or signs a big free agent with all the cap space. LMA and another.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#48 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:no you didn't. Your quote is right there. You said some would argue his value was superior.

And i like Payton a lot, but calling him proven.....nah. And yes all players from the same school turn out the same.....

Umm....ok.

Some will argue that Payton ALONE is valued around Russell.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#49 » by tiderulz » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Xman wrote:Orl gets randle, young and Collison

Orl rounds out its roster. LAL gets its star. Sac starts five guys picked in lottery on rookie contracts - or signs a big free agent with all the cap space. LMA and another.

Orlando passes.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#50 » by LApwnd » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:25 pm

Xman wrote:Orl gets randle, young and Collison

To much salary coming la way
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,508

Post#51 » by doct3r dr3 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:29 pm

Honestly, as a Magic fan that loves Payton and Nicholson... I don't think I'd be too upset if this deal happened.

The Magic have a lot of nice young assets, but there's no clear superstar talent among them, and they fit together clunkily. Bundling assets together for that superstar would always be a good move. In this move, the Magic get to keep Vucevic, so they could take D'Angelo Russell #2 over Okafor in good conscience.

C: N. Vucevic
F: T. Harris
F: A. Gordon
G: V. Oladipo
G: D. Russell

Russell would probably be our closest thing to a potential superstar, and he could give the Magic a whole new identity as a prolific offensive floor-spacing team.

If Hennigan decided it was worth it and made this move, I'd be all in.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
A BETTER DJ
Sixth Man
And1: 302

Post#52 » by A BETTER DJ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:40 pm

One of our future key players and #5 probably won't be going out in a Cousins trade without him coming to Orlando... and I really don't think he fits the attitude we look for in our players.
Top notch Wedding DJ and photographer available nationwide. RealGM members Save $200 off our regular low prices!

GO MAGIC!
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#53 » by j-ragg » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:01 pm

Difference between 5 and 2 isn't Payton. This draft isn't last year's draft, there isn't much star power at the top IMO.

Anywho, I'd do the trade if it were Vucevic instead of Payton in the OP.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#54 » by j-ragg » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:02 pm

Jwduff wrote:

Stop arguing with everyone who disagrees with your trade. You putting it on this board welcomes criticism and you're not handling it too well.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Jwduff
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by Jwduff » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:13 pm

j-ragg wrote:
Jwduff wrote:

Stop arguing with everyone who disagrees with your trade. You putting it on this board welcomes criticism and you're not handling it too well.
I'm arguing that Payton is overvalued by magic fans and was just pointing out his stats that were far from studhunk lol

Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#56 » by Troubadour » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:15 pm

To make it really complex...

Los Angeles Lakers Receive
DeMarcus Cousins

Sacramento Kings Receive
Ty Lawson
Nikola Vucevic
Kenneth Faried

Orlando Magic
Nik Stauskas
Filler from Sacramento

Denver Receives
Julius Randle

because of the poison pill stuff, I couldn't be bothered to work out the salaries in this fake trade, but yeah.

Lakers get their franchise player
Kings get their win-now pieces, as if Cousins isn't a win-now piece, but that's fine
Magic get the sixth pick in the draft to add to their pile of assets
Nuggets get Julius Randle and move up in exchange for their two best players

New Kings:

Lawson / Collison
McLemore / ???
Gay / ???
Faried / Landry
Vucevic / Cauley-Stein
Jwduff
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by Jwduff » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:15 pm

j-ragg wrote:Difference between 5 and 2 isn't Payton. This draft isn't last year's draft, there isn't much star power at the top IMO.

Anywho, I'd do the trade if it were Vucevic instead of Payton in the OP.
I was originally going to do something like that but I figured since Vucevic>Payton that the magic would rather lose Payton than a established top 7 or so center.

j-ragg
RealGM

Post#58 » by j-ragg » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:16 pm

Jwduff wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
Jwduff wrote: studhunk 26% from 3 55 FT% PG... This deal isn't gonna happen but Russell is going to be so much better than Payton it's comical how much Magic fans overvalue their rookies.

I'm arguing that Payton is overvalued by magic fans and was just pointing out his stats that were far from studhunk lol

Every team overvalues their young guys. But Payton is arguably our top prospect, people on our board are pretty high on him. I'd rather trade Oladipo or Vuc.
Jwduff
Pro Prospect

Post#59 » by Jwduff » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:19 pm

doct3r dr3 wrote:Honestly, as a Magic fan that loves Payton and Nicholson... I don't think I'd be too upset if this deal happened.

The Magic have a lot of nice young assets, but there's no clear superstar talent among them, and they fit together clunkily. Bundling assets together for that superstar would always be a good move. In this move, the Magic get to keep Vucevic, so they could take D'Angelo Russell #2 over Okafor in good conscience.

C: N. Vucevic
F: T. Harris
F: A. Gordon
G: V. Oladipo
G: D. Russell

Russell would probably be our closest thing to a potential superstar, and he could give the Magic a whole new identity as a prolific offensive floor-spacing team.

If Hennigan decided it was worth it and made this move, I'd be all in.
that's what was the original thought when making the trade that Magic would rather keep a proven center than an unproven PG but apparently to most on here I'm missing on Payton's huge value

Jwduff
Pro Prospect

Post#60 » by Jwduff » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:23 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Chuck Texas wrote:

Exactly. I simply stated that "some" will argue that Payton is valued "around" Russell not that he is worth more or even equal. Russell is a combo offensive guard and Payton is a pass first defensive pure PG, sorry I'm not a risk taker like most. I prefer proven product than a player that could very much end up the next Evan Turner (didn't they go to the same school)?
I guess Anthony Davis will end up like Josh Harrelson then too??? Lmao

Return to Trades and Transactions