West to Rockets S&T?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

West to Rockets S&T? 

Post#1 » by jowglenn » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:32 am

So now that the Pacers are apparently moving Hibbert to LA for some future 2nds or whatever, it means they can make West a S&T with some team who wants him.
, for
It's nice to think that he'll take the veteran's minimum for some contender, but that's just not happening. He opted out of a 12 million dollar year. No way he takes the vet min.

So there are a lot of teams that could use him, but don't quite have the cap space to offer him the deal he deserves and needs.

So the sign and trade seems like a good thing for both teams.

Rockets seem like the natural fit. They have the Papanikolau unguaranteed contract and some useful random dudes.

Could we do Jones & Papnikolau for West? That lets Rockets sign West to a 2-year, 16 million deal, for example. Pacers get a young PF, and Rockets get a major veteran upgrade to their frontcourt. They simply don't have space to sign any big free agents, so this could be their best shot at getting an impact player in this offseason.

Or maybe Papnikolau/2nd/2nd/2nd, even.

Thoughts?
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,882

Re: West to Rockets S&T? 

Post#2 » by LarsV8 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 2:41 am

I don't wanna tie up that kind of money for West.

We gotta keep that Durant money open.
Pacemaker94
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#3 » by Pacemaker94 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 6:06 am

West for T.Jones sounds good to me. Pacers want to get faster and Jones seems like a good fit who could start for us given the current makeup of the roster.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#4 » by winter_mute_13 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 9:48 am

jowglenn wrote:So now that the Pacers are apparently moving Hibbert to LA for some future 2nds or whatever, it means they can make West a S&T with some team who wants him.

You got it backwards, I think.

The Pacers aren't in danger of tax this season, so taking salary back in a West S&T was never an issue. Being actually under the cap means that we have less incentive to participate in a S&T, because we can sign or trade for players outright.

Of course if some team is actually offering an asset for a West S&T, we'll surely take it. It's basically free money.
Lindecision
Banned User
And1: 151

Post#5 » by Lindecision » Sun Jul 5, 2015 9:57 am

Jones is better than West in my opinion, or at least his upside is worth keeping over West.
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

West to Rockets S&T? 

Post#6 » by zapatasblood » Sun Jul 5, 2015 3:37 pm

If the rockets wanted West I am sure they have the MLE. Unless I am completely mistake but I don't think so since Lull stayed in Spain. No interest in giving multiple years to West anyways

Now my understanding is Hills an expiring so everything fails i hope the rockets have interest

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Trades and Transactions