Melo, KMartin to MIA. Winslow+Deng+Chalmers+Birdman+Picks to NYK. Johnson+Haslem to MIN.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Re: Melo, KMartin to MIA. Winslow+Deng+Chalmers+Birdman+Picks to NYK. Johnson+Haslem to MIN. 

Post#21 » by 165bows » Tue Aug 4, 2015 9:41 pm

Had thought of something similar, looking at who could go after Melo in trade.

Not sure about the three team part, seems simpler as Anthony for Deng + Winslow +Birdman with a minimum guy attached. Worked on the trade machine anyway.

Probably about as good a deal as NY would get, and risky all in move for Miami. Kind of similar to the Boston deal for Ray Allen and then KG in 2008, but those outstanding picks for Miami down the road make it a bigger risk to commit to a core that is 30+.
leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Re: Melo, KMartin to MIA. Winslow+Deng+Chalmers+Birdman+Picks to NYK. Johnson+Haslem to MIN. 

Post#22 » by leoshes » Tue Aug 4, 2015 10:24 pm

Way toooo many if's, & risks for Miami.

It would be a desperation move that i can't see them doing now.

If the bottom blows out on Miami this season,( which i doubt ) i could then see them doing something like this around Feb, but definitely not now.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Re: Melo to South Beach for Winslow+Deng+Chalmers+Birdman+3 picks 

Post#23 » by buckboy » Tue Aug 4, 2015 11:16 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
buckboy wrote:So so bad for Miami.

How so? Certainly they lack assets long-term, but it's the cost of "going for it" now. Risky... I agree. But it's taking advantage of the current core while it is still productive

The thought that anyone thinks Carmelo Anthony makes the Heat a contender is hilarious to me. Wade, Carmelo, Bosh and Dragic is going to beat LeBron/Love/Kyrie? I mean.......

To give up a really good prospect like Winslow in this trade is crazy talk.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
buckboy
RealGM

Post#24 » by buckboy » Tue Aug 4, 2015 11:21 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
CBA wrote:Melo has a NTC. If he gets traded, Justice Winslow is probably the best New York can expect. I doubt he leaves though; I'm guessing he knew they weren't going to really contend when he signed that deal.

Thats my thought process with this deal as well

He knew they wouldn't contend. Said the right things in the media about PJ but he knew deep down they wouldn't. He went for the money. Nothing wrong with that but he made his bed now he has to sleep in it.

So I can get a guy who signed solely for the money? And he's overpaid?

Wow! Sign me up!

I wouldn't want Anthony anywhere near my team.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#25 » by nba2k16 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 3:25 am

buckboy wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
buckboy wrote:So so bad for Miami.

How so? Certainly they lack assets long-term, but it's the cost of "going for it" now. Risky... I agree. But it's taking advantage of the current core while it is still productive

The thought that anyone thinks Carmelo Anthony makes the Heat a contender is hilarious to me. Wade, Carmelo, Bosh and Dragic is going to beat LeBron/Love/Kyrie? I mean.......

Them plus Whiteside. To me Dragic - Wade - Melo - Bosh - Whiteside is better than Irving - Shump - Lebron - Love - Mozgov
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#26 » by nba2k16 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 3:26 am

leoshes wrote:Way toooo many if's, & risks for Miami.

If the bottom blows out on Miami this season,( which i doubt ) i could then see them doing something like this around Feb, but definitely not now.

They might as well do it now and maximize the amount of time they have Melo and Martin. Increase their chances of home court advantage
leoshes
Veteran

Post#27 » by leoshes » Wed Aug 5, 2015 4:13 am

nba2k16 wrote:
leoshes wrote:Way toooo many if's, & risks for Miami.

They might as well do it now and maximize the amount of time they have Melo and Martin. Increase their chances of home court advantage

No thank you its ok. Like i said, it would be a desperation move .

That team would not be able to defend on the wing, & that's why i rather stay with what we have instead of moving on Melo.
I much rather stay pat & see what this team can do before jumping the gun.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#28 » by rugbyrugger23 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 4:15 am

Much easier trade to just deal between Heat and Knicks

Melo + Calderon for Deng + Chalmers + Anderson + Winslow + Haslem
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 912

Post#29 » by Saltine » Wed Aug 5, 2015 4:20 am

I'd much rather keep Martin. We don't need cap savings, we need a vet shooter.
leoshes
Veteran

Post#30 » by leoshes » Wed Aug 5, 2015 4:32 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:Much easier trade to just deal between Heat and Knicks

By adding Calderon, i dont think we would have the cap to resign Whiteside. + we wont be able to defend Bron in the playoffs
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Post#31 » by Paz » Wed Aug 5, 2015 7:16 am

No way would this trade be a positive for any teams involved. Moving Deng + Winslow + Chalmers + Johnson and replacing them with Melo and Martin would KILL the perimeter defense. The HEAT don't need a ball stopping wing when it's clear they want to have Dragic have control of the offense most often. I can't see the HEAT mortgaging their future for Melo and his trade kicker. He's not the player to do that for.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#32 » by nba2k16 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 12:34 pm

Paz wrote:No way would this trade be a positive for any teams involved. Moving Deng + Winslow + Chalmers + Johnson and replacing them with Melo and Martin would KILL the perimeter defense. The HEAT don't need a ball stopping wing when it's clear they want to have Dragic have control of the offense most often. I can't see the HEAT mortgaging their future for Melo and his trade kicker. He's not the player to do that for.

He's the best player you could acquire via trade. Every other star is not going to be moved. Not Lebron not CP3 not Blake not Durant not Curry not Harden not Anthony Davis etc.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#33 » by nba2k16 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 12:35 pm

leoshes wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Much easier trade to just deal between Heat and Knicks

By adding Calderon, i dont think we would have the cap to resign Whiteside. + we wont be able to defend Bron in the playoffs

Also Martin is a much better player for the same money as Calderon, to me I don't know how this is better for the Heat
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,229

Post#34 » by BBallFreak » Wed Aug 5, 2015 12:38 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
Paz wrote:No way would this trade be a positive for any teams involved. Moving Deng + Winslow + Chalmers + Johnson and replacing them with Melo and Martin would KILL the perimeter defense. The HEAT don't need a ball stopping wing when it's clear they want to have Dragic have control of the offense most often. I can't see the HEAT mortgaging their future for Melo and his trade kicker. He's not the player to do that for.

He's the best player you could acquire via trade. Every other star is not going to be moved. Not Lebron not CP3 not Blake not Durant not Curry not Harden not Anthony Davis etc.

So that means we should throw assets away on an injured, beat up Melo? No thanks. I don't like the fit, and I don't like what we have to give up in order to get him...
12buckets
Pro Prospect
And1: 273

Re: Re: Melo, KMartin to MIA. Winslow+Deng+Chalmers+Birdman+Picks to NYK. Johnson+Haslem to MIN. 

Post#35 » by 12buckets » Wed Aug 5, 2015 6:20 pm

Saltine wrote:I'd much rather keep Martin. We don't need cap savings, we need a vet shooter.

Are Wolves fans expecting to compete this season? Unless they're seriously trying to make a playoff run (more power to them if they are. I don't know that they're ready yet, and they'd lose a first rounder if they did. I'm detached from the team though). I was legitimately shocked that Kevin Martin wasn't traded last season for a player (in the form of a draft pick) that would still be young and on the team) that would help them once Towns and Wiggins turns that team into a monster.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#36 » by buckboy » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:07 am

nba2k16 wrote:
buckboy wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:How so? Certainly they lack assets long-term, but it's the cost of "going for it" now. Risky... I agree. But it's taking advantage of the current core while it is still productive

Them plus Whiteside. To me Dragic - Wade - Melo - Bosh - Whiteside is better than Irving - Shump - Lebron - Love - Mozgov

Well, we're just going to have to disagree on that one. I don't even think it's really close.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Re: Re: Melo, KMartin to MIA. Winslow+Deng+Chalmers+Birdman+Picks to NYK. Johnson+Haslem to MIN. 

Post#37 » by Mattya » Thu Aug 6, 2015 2:54 am

12buckets wrote:
Saltine wrote:I'd much rather keep Martin. We don't need cap savings, we need a vet shooter.

Are Wolves fans expecting to compete this season? Unless they're seriously trying to make a playoff run (more power to them if they are. I don't know that they're ready yet, and they'd lose a first rounder if they did. I'm detached from the team though). I was legitimately shocked that Kevin Martin wasn't traded last season for a player (in the form of a draft pick) that would still be young and on the team) that would help them once Towns and Wiggins turns that team into a monster.

Your point is that they should move him for a young player with potential (or a draft pick), well they aren't getting that here. Being competitive at all would be a nice first step toward the growth of the team. Kevin Martin helps with that. I don't know how many young guys you think they need right now. They have young guys who already need minutes at every position. I don't see the minutes that Tyler Johnson would be getting now or in the future when the Wolves already have some combination of Rubio, Wiggins, LaVine, Jones, and Bazz at the PG and SG spot. What Kevin Martin would bring back in a trade isn't going to be better than the young guys they already have. His vet leadership would help as well. They would absolutely trade Martin, but not for this.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#38 » by nba2k16 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:45 am

Mattya wrote:
12buckets wrote:

Your point is that they should move him for a young player with potential (or a draft pick), well they aren't getting that here. Being competitive at all would be a nice first step toward the growth of the team. Kevin Martin helps with that. I don't know how many young guys you think they need right now. They have young guys who already need minutes at every position. I don't see the minutes that Tyler Johnson would be getting now or in the future when the Wolves already have some combination of Rubio, Wiggins, LaVine, Jones, and Bazz at the PG and SG spot. What Kevin Martin would bring back in a trade isn't going to be better than the young guys they already have. His vet leadership would help as well. They would absolutely trade Martin, but not for this.

Isn't Wiggins a small forward?
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#39 » by nba2k16 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:46 am

buckboy wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Well, we're just going to have to disagree on that one. I don't even think it's really close.

Lebron is the best player of the ten but the Heat, right now, would have the better starting five. A few years down the line...no. But right now, yes.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#40 » by Mattya » Thu Aug 6, 2015 3:47 am

nba2k16 wrote:
Mattya wrote:
12buckets wrote:

Isn't Wiggins a small forward?

He played both SG and SF last year.

Return to Trades and Transactions