Rolling trade challenge: keep cousins, make playoffs.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Re: Rolling trade challenge: keep cousins, make playoffs. 

Post#21 » by Winglish » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:23 am

Every time I think about this the playoffs and a BSC star of the team seem mutually exclusive.

Then I remember Dennis Rodman. I think Cousins needs a bigger star to dim his own.

Sacramento sends Collison, McLemore, Gay, and a first to Chicago.

Chicago sends Derrick Rose to Sacramento.

Chicago decides Rose is too hurt too often. Sacramento rolls dice.

December 14 passes and WCS is surprisingly effective as a center next to Cousins. Rose is miraculously surviving a season:

Sacramento sends Kosta Koufos and Rajon Rondo.

Phoenix sends Markieff Morris, T.J. Warren and Sonny Weems.

Phoenix unloads a problem and an unconventional player. Sacramento gambles that Weems is Euro Weems, Morris is good Morris, and Warren's way matches Cousins kind of old school game.
wickedwrister
Starter
And1: 1,535

Post#22 » by wickedwrister » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:49 am

bondom34 wrote:Really thought I'd be able to come up with something I like more, but:

Kings Out: Rondo, Gay, the lesser of the pick between themselves and Philly
In: Parsons, Walker

Yeah, Kemba's not perfect but he's young, improving hopefully, and likely has more a future than Rondo. Parsons should help the spacing and IMO is a better player than Gay right now. They risk losing the pick swap and just give up whichever they end up with.

Dallas out: Parsons
In: Morris, Tucker

Dallas tries to get Morris to behave under a new staff and some veteran leadership, buying low on a cheap talent and getting a replacement wing

Charlotte out: Walker
In: Rondo, the lesser pick from the Kings and Philly

Charlotte clears some cap space and tries for a new PG in the draft next year. Obviously this is predicated on them having a poor start, and they gamble the Kings/Philly picks are both good and they get a lotto or mid first.

Phoenix Out: Morris, Tucker
In: Gay

Phoenix moves Kieff and upgrades the wing at the same time.

Cousins/Koufos
Cauley-Stein/Acy
Parsons/Casspi
McLemore/Belinelli/James Anderson
Walker/Collison/Seth Curry

I don't believe they can trade the lesser of the 2 picks because Chicago owns it if its outside of the top 10, and it can't be rolled over because Philly has rights to their 1st in 2018/2019. I believe the earliest that Sacramento can trade their first is a pick swap in 2020 and a 1st in 2021
The feedback I've received from our fans is they understand we are trying to build something great. Good decisions come from having a broad set of options and making tough calls. We will do it unblinkingly. We have to be willing to take smart risks-Hinkie
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#23 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:32 am

Welp, I'm out then.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#24 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:43 am

17 more minutes til the entry deadline is closed.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#25 » by brackdan70 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:28 am

Some creative entries...again shows us how hard it would be to actually make this dream come true.
I feel like Chuck Texas gave us the best team, though I am not sure on realism.
Still I'll Vote chuck again
Vote: Chuck Texas
Sign here
RealityIsDemar
Rookie
And1: 1,164

Post#26 » by RealityIsDemar » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:44 am

I'm not thrilled with the idea of moving Rondo and Gay but I like the end result the best from:

Vote: Dat2U
Shoutout to Bruno Skull for the sig
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#27 » by KqWIN » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:01 am

vote for brackdan. I think it's the only one that has some realism to it.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:37 am

Vote for LoserX. Holiday/AA would be fantastic.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#29 » by Kings2013 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:47 am

Winglish wrote:Every time I think about this the playoffs and a BSC star of the team seem mutually exclusive.

Then I remember Dennis Rodman. I think Cousins needs a bigger star to dim his own.

Sacramento sends Collison, McLemore, Gay, and a first to Chicago.

Chicago sends Derrick Rose to Sacramento.

Chicago decides Rose is too hurt too often. Sacramento rolls dice.

December 14 passes and WCS is surprisingly effective as a center next to Cousins. Rose is miraculously surviving a season:

Sacramento sends Kosta Koufos and Rajon Rondo.

Phoenix sends Markieff Morris, T.J. Warren and Sonny Weems.

Phoenix unloads a problem and an unconventional player. Sacramento gambles that Weems is Euro Weems, Morris is good Morris, and Warren's way matches Cousins kind of old school game.

I don't mean to down your attempt, its all subjective, but that is like Hayward, Exum, quality role player and a first for Rose, it is questionable that Rose has positive value at this stage on that contract. We are a couple years removed from his prime, and his impact is questionable now. But I agree he was a heck of a player a few years ago, and that Rose would add a lot to a team
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#30 » by spearsy23 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:48 am

I don't think any of us managed both a realistic scenario and making the playoffs. I'm voting for Pelifan as I think it's the only scenario that MAYBE gets the Kings in the playoffs and is feasible under the right circumstances. It requires two big leaps of faith and I actually think cutting Toronto And MKE out and getting IT, Sully, and Morris provides a nice framework for a deal, but all the pieces are at least there for a real world upgrade.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#31 » by spearsy23 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:52 am

bondom34 wrote:Vote for LoserX. Holiday/AA would be fantastic.

I love those additions, but the Pels are giving Holiday away for nothing a season after clearing their first hurdle?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Kings2013 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:55 am

Dat2U wrote:I don't see how the Kings can win with Rondo. I just think he's done. He's lost a step or two, he's never been a shooter and I'm not sure he's capable of adjusting. It's simply tough to excel if your not a great athlete at the position AND you have a broken shot. He only makes spacing worse for DeMarcus. Especially if there planning to play big with Cousins & WCS or Koufos front line. The offense would really bog down as teams would play off Rondo and dare him to shoot. He's not able to use the space anymore to get a head start towards the rim. He's a very easy PG to defend at this stage.

An NBA FO/coaching staff believe he can contribute for this team at this time. He isn't going to be asked to spread the floor although he improved to a 35% three point shooter in Dallas, and the Kings believe they can utilize him best to his strengths. This is a good piece on it http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2015/7/7/8896301/three-questions-about-rajon-rondo
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#33 » by spearsy23 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:07 am

Kings2013 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:I don't see how the Kings can win with Rondo. I just think he's done. He's lost a step or two, he's never been a shooter and I'm not sure he's capable of adjusting. It's simply tough to excel if your not a great athlete at the position AND you have a broken shot. He only makes spacing worse for DeMarcus. Especially if there planning to play big with Cousins & WCS or Koufos front line. The offense would really bog down as teams would play off Rondo and dare him to shoot. He's not able to use the space anymore to get a head start towards the rim. He's a very easy PG to defend at this stage.

An NBA FO/coaching staff believe he can contribute for this team at this time. He isn't going to be asked to spread the floor although he improved to a 35% three point shooter in Dallas, and the Kings believe they can utilize him best to his strengths. This is a good piece on it http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2015/7/7/8896301/three-questions-about-rajon-rondo

The Mavs thought he could help them last year, he took 1.2 3's per game so even if he shot 40% he isn't spacing the floor, and it's debatable rather he has any strengths left. Obviously the Kings are hopeful he can help, but there is really nothing to indicate he can besides his pre-injury performance.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by bondom34 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:19 am

spearsy23 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Vote for LoserX. Holiday/AA would be fantastic.

I love those additions, but the Pels are giving Holiday away for nothing a season after clearing their first hurdle?

Not really, I just liked his final team best considering the options. Chuck would have been second probably, though I don't see that happening either.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Kings2013 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:23 am

spearsy23 wrote:
Kings2013 wrote:

The Mavs thought he could help them last year, he took 1.2 3's per game so even if he shot 40% he isn't spacing the floor, and it's debatable rather he has any strengths left. Obviously the Kings are hopeful he can help, but there is really nothing to indicate he can besides his pre-injury performance.

The Dribble-Drive that I think they are going do a lot of (created by our asst) features guards who can attack, get in the paint and make decisions
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,820

Post#36 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Voting on this one is really tough. Some targets just seem too unrealistic: Bosh, Rose, Ibaka. To me it came down to 2 guys with the same idea with one guy taking it a step further. I love the idea of adding Gibson to Boogie. And since the requirement is to make the playoffs I think the gamble on Matthews helps with that. I also think the Bulls would be way more interested in Collison than Rondo which makes the Gibson deal more realistic That team looks to be very strong defensively and while the bench is just paper thin, that starting 5 gives them the best chance to make the playoffs imo of any of the realistic options.

So Vote: KqWin
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,820

Post#37 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:25 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Kings2013 wrote:

Rondo made a huge difference for us defensively. Especially against opposing PG's and opponent's 3P%. We went from essentially the worst defense in the league to a solid top 10 after the deal and we were right at the top of the league period for minutes Rondo played.

Offensively it didn't work at all in Dallas. Rondo was a horrible fit as it took the ball away from Monta and Parsons and of course teams just completely left him alone killing our spacing.

I think the same things will be true with the Kings. If he is engaged, he will help their defense considerably. He's long and smart and disruptive. Offensively I just don't think the Kings have the shooters to make him work. I mean we need to wait and see, but I struggle to find much optimism.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#38 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Pelifan for me.
Seems fair value and I like the fit if the pieces coming back.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#39 » by The59Sound » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:17 pm

I'm going to have to vote for Pelifan, also. There's other trades that would make the Kings better, but none of them are realistic as far as the value the other team is receiving.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#40 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:05 pm

I'm going to vote for DocRI even if his had some technical difficulties. I thought his trades were realistic and I liked him getting Thibs and ending the Karl/Cousins loggerheads.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."

Return to Trades and Transactions