BRK/MIL - Now That The Trade Ban is Lifted

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

BRK/MIL - Now That The Trade Ban is Lifted 

Post#1 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:26 pm

Buried in another thread, I thought I'd lay it out for all to see.

JJ, M.Brown
for
Vasquez, Mayo, Plumlee, Bayless, Gutierez

NETS
Vasquez / Jack / Larkin
Mayo / Ellington / Bayless
Bogdanovic / RHJ / Karasev
Young / T.Robinson / McCullough
Lopez / Bargnani / Plumlee

*Gutierez, Sloan, Miller, W.Reed all waived as not fully guaranteed deals.

The Nets try to add depth and most importantly a PG upgrade over Jack, while adding a quality SG in Mayo and a potential 2nd string C in case Bargs still stinks. They turn JJ into smaller, movable pieces while saving roughly $5m in the process opening the possibility for more moves closer the trade deadline.

BUCKS
MCW / Ennis
Middleton / JJ / R.Vaughn / M.Brown
Parker / JJ / Inglis
Giannis / Adrien / Copeland
Monroe / Henson / O'Bryant

Another veteran PG would be signed after a deal like this, but here the Bucks reunite JJ and Kidd, where JJ was Kidd's closer and beast in the POs just 16 months ago. JJ would still play starter's minutes, but would play less minutes on the bench and would be able to lead the second unit, while exploiting other second units. He would also be a quality mentor for the players on the Bucks and possibly someone the Bucks look to resign going forward.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,096

Re: BRK/MIL - Now That The Trade Ban is Lifted 

Post#2 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:37 pm

I like it, seeing as I proposed it a few days ago, but you weren't a fan for either team at the time, what changed?
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#3 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:48 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I like it, seeing as I proposed it a few days ago, but you weren't a fan for either team at the time, what changed?

I had to tweak it a bit to make it work and yes most credit should go to you.

After thinking about it more, I think it does make some sense for both sides. Specifically I thought I about the role JJ could play for the Bucks, and for the Nets I think it simply gives them much greater flexibility around the trade deadline and much greater depth. They may not keep many players past this season, but they at least get a look at some different players and fits.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#4 » by buckboy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:28 pm

Eh. Fine I guess. Basically getting him for free, and I think he's a pretty good guy by all accounts, correct me if I'm wrong.

Nice to have that scoring punch off the bench.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#5 » by H2tObes » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Pretty awful for the Bucks, that looks like the worst bench in the league to me. Ennis being the backup PG would lose us about 10 games on its own.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:06 pm

H2tObes wrote:Pretty awful for the Bucks, that looks like the worst bench in the league to me. Ennis being the backup PG would lose us about 10 games on its own.

As me mentioned a vet PG should be added

Johnson
Adrien
Copeland
Henson
Vaughn
Inglis
JOB

Is a good bench with a potential 6MOY in JJ.

Plus with Kidd's emphasis on ball movement I like what MCW, JJ, Giannis and Monroe offer.
If Ennis steps up and/or they find a vet PG they should be absolutely fine IMO.

Or wait until 12/15 and others can be included (Larkin or Sloan) or move Jack to another team getting a PG from them for the Bucks.

Granted they did give up a first for Vasquez so they must really like him and/or have little faith in Ennis..maybe even MCW.
dragula15
Junior
And1: 293

Post#7 » by dragula15 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:45 am

Joe, I like it, and agree this looks like a mid-season trade to bolster MIL's bench and give BKN some useable pieces. I would say Larkin would be included in the mid-season version.

Minutes in BKN would be stretched though. Bayless is still serviceable but he wouldn't minutes by the looks of it:

Just using multiples of 5 as a base but this is how I'd see it:

Return to Trades and Transactions