Utah/Atlanta

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

ConSarnit
Analyst
And1: 3,671

Utah/Atlanta 

Post#1 » by ConSarnit » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:17 pm

Trying to figure out a way to get one of the Atl pg's to Utah. Having trouble coming up with a reasonable deal, seeing if anyone has any ideas or could bring a 3rd team into help. So far working with:

Trey Lyles
GSW 17

for

Dennis Schroder
Mike Muscala

Both teams have many future 2nd's they can add to grease the wheels.

Utah gets a starting point guard and Atl gets Lyles as Horford insurance should he leave in free agency. Bash away.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Re: Utah/Atlanta 

Post#2 » by Laimbeer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:19 pm

As Atlanta I'd be more interested in Hood. Another big guy (unproven) and a low first doesn't have a lot of appeal.
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,081

Post#3 » by sonictecture » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:23 pm

ConSarnit wrote:Trying to figure out a way to get one of the Atl pg's to Utah. Having trouble coming up with a reasonable deal, seeing if anyone has any ideas or could bring a 3rd team into help. So far working with:

Trey Lyles
GSW 17

for

Dennis Schroder
Mike Muscala

Utah gets a starting point guard and Atl gets Lyles as Horford insurance should he leave in free agency. Bash away.

Would Utah be willing to give up their #1 (top 5 protected) in next years draft & Burke for Schroeder or Teague?
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#4 » by stitches » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:34 pm

sonictecture wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:Trying to figure out a way to get one of the Atl pg's to Utah. Having trouble coming up with a reasonable deal, seeing if anyone has any ideas or could bring a 3rd team into help. So far working with:

Trey Lyles
GSW 17

for

Dennis Schroder
Mike Muscala

Would Utah be willing to give up their #1 (top 5 protected) in next years draft & Burke for Schroeder or Teague?

I would be willing, if that's all it took. I don't know if the Jazz would. And I don't see why the Atlanta would do it.

Trey Burke+Jazz 2016 first(top 5 protected)+OKC 2018? Who do you think Atlanta would be more willing to part ways with, BTW?
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#5 » by KqWIN » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:57 pm

I think you have to overpay for either of Atlanta's PG and Utah is not going to overpay for a PG. The only good PG that could be available is Collison, but that's a big if on it's own.
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,081

Post#6 » by sonictecture » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:16 pm

KqWIN wrote:I think you have to overpay for either of Atlanta's PG and Utah is not going to overpay for a PG. The only good PG that could be available is Collison, but that's a big if on it's own.

Why wouldn't Utah overpay a bit for a point guard the quality of Teague? They are in a perfect position to overpay a bit and be rewarded with a playoff birth and valuable experience for the young players.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#7 » by KqWIN » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:34 pm

sonictecture wrote:
KqWIN wrote:I think you have to overpay for either of Atlanta's PG and Utah is not going to overpay for a PG. The only good PG that could be available is Collison, but that's a big if on it's own.

Why wouldn't Utah overpay a bit for a point guard the quality of Teague? They are in a perfect position to overpay a bit and be rewarded with a playoff birth and valuable experience for the young players.

I don't think the Jazz have a burning desire to get a PG or make the playoffs now. Their priorities have been very obvious this off season. They turned down a ton of good opportunities in favor of continuity an internal development. Exum was a huge part of the plan and I don't think it's changed. He's still the guy. Should it change? That's a better question, but I'm positive that the Jazz FO is content with sitting on this roster. Remember, it's not what we think, it's what they think. For all we know, DL could be putting together a plan, but for now, everything has backed up the notion that they're trying to build from within.

Either the Jazz FO is choosing to be patient, or they're incompetent and unable to pick up a phone. I believe in the former. There has been zero urgency, and I don't think it's because DL has been taking a vacation. I just can't envision him suddenly changing the plan between now in the start of the season. Maybe a few weeks into the season, but for now, the market is as dead as ever.

If an even deal comes up, I think the Jazz might pull the trigger. It's just hard to find that deal. I don't see any PG's with a reason for their team to trade them.
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#8 » by Winglish » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:01 am

^^^

And I believe they are causing themselves to miss a window of opportunity by sitting on their hands instead of playing cards.

I do either deal here for Teague.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,109

Post#9 » by tiderulz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:33 am

stitches wrote:
sonictecture wrote:

Trey Lyles
GSW 17

for

Dennis Schroder
Mike Muscala

I would be willing, if that's all it took. I don't know if the Jazz would. And I don't see why the Atlanta would do it.

Trey Burke+Jazz 2016 first(top 5 protected)+OKC 2018? Who do you think Atlanta would be more willing to part ways with, BTW?

Atlanta isnt giving up Schroder. and he has a lot of fan support on this board
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#10 » by KqWIN » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:59 am

Winglish wrote:^^^

And I believe they are causing themselves to miss a window of opportunity by sitting on their hands instead of playing cards.

I do either deal here for Teague.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's easy to call for a trade when the price is made up. It'd have to take a major overpay to get either of the two and neither of those trades are overpays. We like to say that Derrick Favors is not for sale, Teague and Schroder are not for sale either.

DL likes to punt, we'll have to see if it pays off. The results have been mixed so far. It's August so there are no moves to be made. Perhaps it will change once guys become available again, but I'm not counting on it. It's been very clear that contending this season is not a priority.
Winglish
Analyst

Post#11 » by Winglish » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:03 pm

It's been very clear that contending this season is not a priority.

On this we agree. It's difficult to respect any organization that is content to be a loser.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#12 » by jazzfan1971 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:53 pm

I find it hard to give up Jazz players. Plus, I think the Jazz need more of a stopgap PG anyway. Not sure that Shroder fits.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#13 » by lakerhater » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:43 pm

Smaller deal of Mack to Utah for a 2nd round pick makes more sense for both teams.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#14 » by Catchall » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:09 pm

Maybe 20 - 30 games into the season, the Jazz will know what they have in Neto and the Hawks will see if they're real contenders in the EC and where Teague and Schroeder fit in their rotation. I've been of the opinion that Schroeder isn't really that good.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Austincys21
Veteran
And1: 733

Post#15 » by Austincys21 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:47 am

Atl needs to play Schroder at least Gil his final yr to build his stock. He's. Going to be all star level. Lyles or Hood ain't going to cut it. Maybe Burks
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#16 » by damecurry » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:58 am

Winglish wrote:

On this we agree. It's difficult to respect any organization that is content to be a loser.

lol, yeah let's all respect organizations like brooklyn and new york instead.
Winglish
Analyst

Post#17 » by Winglish » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:44 am

damecurry wrote:
Winglish wrote:

Those teams are losers also. At least Brooklyn went all in. Their fans have been to playoff games. That's more than this season ticket holder can say recently.

I love the Jazz, don't get me wrong, but the organization since Larry Miller took over has been one that is risk averse. They build through the draft. They hold on to below average players for years because they think somehow the players are going to turn into something they are not.

The one trade the Jazz made was the Deron Williams deal, aka the gift that keeps on giving. That was the one time when the Jazz took a chance and it paid off in spades.

The Jazz need a point guard. Desperately. This team is ready to win NOW. Dante Exum MIGHT NEVER PAN OUT! I mean, he might, but you have all your eggs in his basket and if he does not work out then you have failed to capitalize on this window of opportunity when every other position is set and ready to win.
Xsy
Analyst
And1: 2,237

Post#18 » by Xsy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:42 am

Winglish wrote:
damecurry wrote:
Winglish wrote:

Those teams are losers also. At least Brooklyn went all in. Their fans have been to playoff games. That's more than this season ticket holder can say recently.

I love the Jazz, don't get me wrong, but the organization since Larry Miller took over has been one that is risk averse. They build through the draft. They hold on to below average players for years because they think somehow the players are going to turn into something they are not.

The one trade the Jazz made was the Deron Williams deal, aka the gift that keeps on giving. That was the one time when the Jazz took a chance and it paid off in spades.

The Jazz need a point guard. Desperately. This team is ready to win NOW. Dante Exum MIGHT NEVER PAN OUT! I mean, he might, but you have all your eggs in his basket and if he does not work out then you have failed to capitalize on this window of opportunity when every other position is set and ready to win.

I'm really glad you aren't our GM, then, because you sound like you want the Jazz to become the Suns.
Jazz on your face.
Winglish
Analyst

Post#19 » by Winglish » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:23 am

Xsy wrote:
Winglish wrote:
damecurry wrote:lol, yeah let's all respect organizations like brooklyn and new york instead.

I'm really glad you aren't our GM, then, because you sound like you want the Jazz to become the Suns.

I want the Jazz to get a decent point guard. I guess I'm really glad you aren't the GM also. You sound like you want the Jazz to become the [insert perpetual loser who always looks to the horizon].
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,470

Post#20 » by Ball4life32 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:42 pm

Pass on this. Not interested in giving up Schroder.

Return to Trades and Transactions