melo on the move- bos/ny/sac

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

melo on the move- bos/ny/sac 

Post#1 » by scottyg » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:02 pm

Congratulations on a successful trade
Due to New York being over the cap and having a post-trade Team Salary under the Tax Threshold and trading out more than $19.6M in salaries, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York could not receive more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here.
Due to Boston being over the cap and having a post-trade Team Salary under the Tax Threshold and trading out more than $19.6M in salaries, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Boston could not receive more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. Also, Boston met the requirements of the Hard Cap rules of staying under the Tax Threshold plus $4M for adjusted post-trade Team Salary.
Due to Sacramento being over the cap and having a post-trade Team Salary under the Tax Threshold and trading out more than $19.6M in salaries, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento could not receive more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here.
This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID
Trade ID #6614795
Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

New York Knicks Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
David Lee
Evan Turner
Kelly Olynyk
James Young
Omri Casspi
- 2 first round draft picks via boston

Outgoing Players
Carmelo Anthony
why? move on from melo and get a alot of cap room and young players and future draft picks...many differnt players can be substituted in the trade coming and goin to boston

Boston Celtics Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Rudy Gay
Kosta Koufos

Outgoing Players
David Lee
Evan Turner
Kelly Olynyk
James Young
-2 first round draft pics
why? gain a quality start in rudy gay and also get another talented big man that is an upgrade over what they have now and still has alot of talent and picks

Sacramento Kings Trade Breakdown
Carmelo Anthony

Outgoing Players
Rudy Gay
Kosta Koufos
Omri Casspi

why? i really wanna see a team with melo, cousins and rondo on a team to either watch them blow up or become a really scary team

a
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Re: melo on the move- bos/ny/sac 

Post#2 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:08 pm

Take out the picks and Boston might do it. Really, no one is giving up two first rounders plus three players for Rudy Gay. Olynyk for Koufos is probably fair.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#3 » by scottyg » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:41 pm

ya i was kinda weary on that, maybe just throw in 1 first round draft pick and perry jones or something?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,155

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:49 pm

Yeah neither the Knicks nor the Kings touch this.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#5 » by Rockazoids » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:00 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:Take out the picks and Boston might do it. Really, no one is giving up two first rounders plus three players for Rudy Gay. Olynyk for Koufos is probably fair.
Neither would NYK trade Melo for that assortment of low end talent.
Who knows what them BKN picks will look like with the cap going up & the team they put on the floor if that's the picks the
OP is talking about. If not them young guys & late picks ain't going to do it.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,820

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:06 pm

you forgot to give reasons why Melo would do this and that's essential since he has a NTC. I this this whole deal is DOA because I can't see any circumstances where Melo would agree to go to Sacramento.

Ignoring that giant hole---the Celtics aren't going to pay the price for Melo only to take Gay/Koufos instead. They would simply cut out Sacramento and add the main element they are currently missing-- a star.

Any talk of value for the Kings or Knicks seems really irrelevant until the above 2 issues are addressed because they are flaws to this deal which I fail to see how they could be overcome.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#7 » by NashtyNas » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:14 pm

Who cares whether Boston would do it or not? If NY would do that horrendous deal for Melo, SAC would find a way to get a few mid/late firsts and tack on McLemore to seal the deal. Problem is, NY isn't trading Melo for junk.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#8 » by 165bows » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:25 pm

I_Socrates wrote:Who cares whether Boston would do it or not? If NY would do that horrendous deal for Melo, SAC would find a way to get a few mid/late firsts and tack on McLemore to seal the deal. Problem is, NY isn't trading Melo for junk.

How many solid-lotto potential picks for Melo do you think NY is going to get? Three? More than three?
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#9 » by NashtyNas » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:40 pm

165bows wrote:
I_Socrates wrote:Who cares whether Boston would do it or not? If NY would do that horrendous deal for Melo, SAC would find a way to get a few mid/late firsts and tack on McLemore to seal the deal. Problem is, NY isn't trading Melo for junk.

How many solid-lotto potential picks for Melo do you think NY is going to get? Three? More than three?

A) Non-descript picks can't be assumed to be "solid, lotto potential" picks. For all I know, OP could have included the worst firsts BOS had.

B) Regardless of how many NY can get, they are just not moving him for a package this horrendous - period.

Dolan would rather sell out the MSG with a bad team than have a bad team with no hopes of a future and lose viewership while doing so... and rightfully so.

There is no need to sell off Melo for absolute junk, which is what is being offered here. Even if BOS gave up their best picks, I don't think it'll be enough.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
dragula15
Junior
And1: 293

Post#10 » by dragula15 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:59 pm

165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#11 » by 165bows » Tue Sep 1, 2015 12:39 am

I_Socrates wrote:
165bows wrote:

A) Non-descript picks can't be assumed to be "solid, lotto potential" picks. For all I know, OP could have included the worst firsts BOS had.

B) Regardless of how many NY can get, they are just not moving him for a package this horrendous - period.

Dolan would rather sell out the MSG with a bad team than have a bad team with no hopes of a future and lose viewership while doing so... and rightfully so.

There is no need to sell off Melo for absolute junk, which is what is being offered here. Even if BOS gave up their best picks, I don't think it'll be enough.

So, we don't know what they are due to the terrible cut-paste OP, but we know it's terrible.

Anyways, agree they have no motivation to move him now. But they've got a year and a half until he's in a walk year, so disagree completely on what they'll get for him. Like Chuck said, due to his NTC two thirds of the league won't be invited to the table.

Plus you forgot to answer the question. I'll just put you down for three first rounders and two prospects, based on the above.

Edit - Ah, he's got a year longer than I was thinking. Regardless, I doubt there's a team in the league that he'd allow himself to be traded for that would put up the type of package you are implying.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#12 » by Kings2013 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 1:34 am

Chuck Texas wrote:you forgot to give reasons why Melo would do this and that's essential since he has a NTC. I this this whole deal is DOA because I can't see any circumstances where Melo would agree to go to Sacramento.

Ignoring that giant hole---the Celtics aren't going to pay the price for Melo only to take Gay/Koufos instead. They would simply cut out Sacramento and add the main element they are currently missing-- a star.

Any talk of value for the Kings or Knicks seems really irrelevant until the above 2 issues are addressed because they are flaws to this deal which I fail to see how they could be overcome.

What are the Celtics paying? Non descript players and two as yet to be identified first round picks?

I agree Rudy/Koufos should be cut out but the Celtics are going to have to put a lot more skin in to get a high tier player whoever that is
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#13 » by Golabki » Tue Sep 1, 2015 1:49 am

Chuck Texas wrote:you forgot to give reasons why Melo would do this and that's essential since he has a NTC. I this this whole deal is DOA because I can't see any circumstances where Melo would agree to go to Sacramento.

Yeah -

Who would Melo go to the Celtics or Sac? Almost certainly the Celtics.

Who would Boston rather have Melo, or Gay/KK? CERTAINLY Melo.

Melo to Boston for a platter of small Boston assets probably doesn't make sense, but it certainly makes more sense than Melo to Sac for a platter of small Boston assets + Omar Casspi.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#14 » by Smitty731 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 12:39 pm

I think the Celtics just cut the Kings out entirely and take Anthony for themselves. Young players, picks and expiring contracts could be enough to get it done.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,820

Post#15 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Sep 1, 2015 3:35 pm

Kings2013 wrote:

What are the Celtics paying? Non descript players and two as yet to be identified first round picks?

I agree Rudy/Koufos should be cut out but the Celtics are going to have to put a lot more skin in to get a high tier player whoever that is

We can argue value for Melo, sure.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#16 » by Kings2013 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 4:20 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:
Kings2013 wrote:

We can argue value for Melo, sure.

A list of non descript players and two unidentified picks would never get them around Gay and Koufos from our perspective.

IMO Gay has more value than Melo making nearly half as much and being younger without possible lingering health issues from last year

I guess we can all agree this is dead in the water
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#17 » by moocow007 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 9:40 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:Take out the picks and Boston might do it. Really, no one is giving up two first rounders plus three players for Rudy Gay. Olynyk for Koufos is probably fair.

Take out the picks and there's no reason for the Knicks to do it. Would leave just Sacramento trying to trade with itself.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,497

Post#18 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Sep 2, 2015 5:59 am

No way Kings do this.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#19 » by Dupp » Wed Sep 2, 2015 7:17 am

jbk1234 wrote:Yeah neither the Knicks nor the Kings touch this.

Why wouldnt the kings touch this? They get a star. Otherwise is anoth 12th-ish seed finish for them.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,497

Post#20 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Sep 2, 2015 8:36 am

Melo is overrated, probably best to be on cavs

Return to Trades and Transactions