Nets | Wolves - help make it happen.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Nets | Wolves - help make it happen. 

Post#1 » by Prokorov » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:53 pm

Not sure on the wolves situation, and how they view rubio and his deal, but would something like this work?

Nets in:
Rubio
Martin

Wolves in:
Joe Johnson
Shane Larkin
Chris Mccullough

why for the nets: PG situation is worst in the league, PG futures dont look good and putting all the eggs in the free agency basket seems risky. Kevin martin is on just a 2 year deal and would gives us more athleticism on the wing without losing the 3 point shooting we got from joe. nets would still have 30-35 million in cap room to throw a max at someone and rebuild there, so while i never like cutting into our cap room, we'd still be able to add talent. We would have a pretty athletic team with Rubio, martin, hollis-jefferson, and thad. and while not good might compete for an 8 seed in a year where we dont own our own pick.

why for the wolves: get out from under rubio who has failed to reach 50 games in 3 of 4 seasons and whose contract, at least from an outsiders perspective looks a little undesireable. allows them to explore levine at pg more. gives them a veteran in joe to go along with that youth on just 1 year deal. get a young big with some longshot upside.

again, not farmiliar with the wolves, but what would be needed to make this work?
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,585

Re: Nets | Wolves - help make it happen. 

Post#2 » by Takingbaconback » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:16 pm

I dont think nets have enough assets the wolves would want for rubio with nets picks in boston. Lopez is interesting but i would be worried about his foot problems that keep occurring especially with pek already doing the same.

Wolves need rubio, without him our pgs let anybody run by on defense and hes going to make the offense look good. Larkin adds nothing, joe johnson is absolutely not needed even financially in the future cuz rubios contract is going to look very cheap in the upcoming seasons

Dont think any team is going to offer nearly enough for rubio. Wolves have tried to build a team around him and this is the best situation for his game which lacks scoring
username_taken
Veteran
And1: 2,412

Post#3 » by username_taken » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:18 pm

This is really bad for the Wolves. Johnson has minimal value, Larkin has none, and McCullough has a little. No reason for Flip to gift wrap the Nets a chance at an okay season.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#4 » by Prokorov » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:41 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:I dont think nets have enough assets the wolves would want for rubio with nets picks in boston. Lopez is interesting but i would be worried about his foot problems that keep occurring especially with pek already doing the same.

Wolves need rubio, without him our pgs let anybody run by on defense and hes going to make the offense look good. Larkin adds nothing, joe johnson is absolutely not needed even financially in the future cuz rubios contract is going to look very cheap in the upcoming seasons

Dont think any team is going to offer nearly enough for rubio. Wolves have tried to build a team around him and this is the best situation for his game which lacks scoring

what about pekovic. if it were rubio/pekovic for joe would that help?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,090

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:51 pm

This is awful for the Wolves. No way to save it either. You can't have Rubio for nothing which is what this offer is.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,331

Post#6 » by Mattya » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Just terrible for the Wolves.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,614

Post#7 » by jpatrick » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:12 pm

Terrible for MN. Even if Rubio doesn't develop further, his contract will look like a bargain when the cap goes up next year.
ImChillin01
Banned User
And1: 424

Post#8 » by ImChillin01 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Takingbaconback wrote:I dont think nets have enough assets the wolves would want for rubio with nets picks in boston. Lopez is interesting but i would be worried about his foot problems that keep occurring especially with pek already doing the same.

No thats awful, TWolves have no need for JJ
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,601

Post#9 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:01 pm

I don't see any way this happens.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,200

Post#10 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:18 pm

Why would the Wolves even consider this? Rubio is talented and is a better fit in Minnesota then Joe Johnson and Lavine isn't a point guard be is a shooting guard who can be a secondary playmaker
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 913

Post#11 » by Saltine » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:46 am

This is deranged.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,460

Post#12 » by Foye » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:41 pm

The Wolves counter offer would probably be Pekovic+Martin for the exact same Nets offer. :lol:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,244

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:38 pm

Prokorov wrote:

If the cap wasn't going up 150% over the next two years, that would be much closer. But it is, so it's not.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Trades and Transactions