Trade for Kevin Love

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

KingKyrie1
Pro Prospect
And1: 238

Re: Trade for Kevin Love 

Post#21 » by KingKyrie1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:17 pm

delete.
KingKyrie1
Pro Prospect
And1: 238

Post#22 » by KingKyrie1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:18 pm

KingKyrie1 wrote:
californiadude wrote:How about to Phoenix for Morris and Knight? That's something that could actually work and would make both teams better imo.

Cleveland gets a cheaper stretch guy and a killer a backcourt mate for Kyrie...
Phoenix gets a legit go-to player for their playoff push. And long-term, I personally like a Booker-Bledsoe backcourt more than a Knight-Bled backcourt.

Could be evened out with more picks/players but that's an interesting concept imo.

Markieff isn't really good in my opinion he is not a reliable stretch 4 and he is limited to that, he tries to miuch and I don't think u can rely on him to do anything.

Markieff isn't really good in my opinion he is not a reliable stretch 4 and he is limited to that, he tries to miuch and I don't think u can rely on him to do anything.
I'd think of a legit 4/5 hybrid with good defense to replace Love, Ala Favors, etc.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,674

Post#23 » by Smitty731 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:20 pm

PlayerUp wrote:Kevin Love for Andrew Wiggins?

Cleveland broke up a dynasty.

You have to have become a dynasty before you can be broken up as a dynasty.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#24 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Dupp wrote:Love is good and can be a lot better he just needs to grow a pair.

Getting a little late for that.. Love was made a franchise player in Minnesota and earned a $100+ mil contract from the Cavs playing the way he does, he has no incentive to change. He's always been described as a guy who likes to win moreso than hating to lose.

At some point Lebron is going to blow up on him for not playing defense, and letting opposing players easily score at the rim. I've already seen the signs of frustration in games, James is not doing a good job of hiding it. The key will be, when that happens how does Love respond to it?
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,538

Post#25 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:01 pm

I heard players coming from shoulder surgery don't shoot as good a % the next year, so I would wait to see Love's form down the road. Love's +/- stats this year are excellent on both ends I believe as well even in his current form. His season hasn't been mind-blowing but the Cavs are 8-3 and he's an important part of it. LMA is having a worse season than either Love Cavs year imo
Turhan86
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#26 » by Turhan86 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:27 pm

Doubt CLE would trade within the division but MDJ, Taj, Hinrich, Snell and Sac's pick
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#27 » by scoobs07 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:55 am

Lakers get: Love

Wolves get: Randle and Smith

Cavs get:
Roy Hibbert (way better rim protector then anybody you currently have on roster).
Lou Williams (perennial sixth man of year candidate)
Zach Levine (shooting guard of the future for Cavs)
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,948

Post#28 » by meekrab » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:58 am

Your team just made the finals and you wanna panic trade the guy after 11 november games?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,193

Post#29 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:14 am

meekrab wrote:Your team just made the finals and you wanna panic trade the guy after 11 november games?

Beware of Ballboys claiming to be a fan of team and wanting to trade one of that team's best players.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,016

Post#30 » by R-DAWG » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:18 pm

NBADraft2003 wrote:
knoxkill127 wrote:Seriously, how about trading him for Chris Bosh?

Bosh knows how to play with LeBron.
Heat will take KLove, he'll look good with Dragic and Whiteside.

No thanks.

While I understand why you would prefer Bosh over Love, this just seems like the type of move Riley would make. Bosh is 4.5 years older than Love and is also on a higher scale of max contract. While Bosh is definatley the more versatile player, it's really a toss up as to who the overall better player is, although I would pick Bosh today. But over the next 4-5 years it's more than likely that Love will be the better player as he is 27 and likely about to have his best seasons while Bosh turns 32 in March and his best days are likely in the rear view mirror.

This kind of move just has Riley written all over it. And I think Love would excel in Miami with Dragic running pick and rolls with Whiteside protecting the rim. Plus they would save $2.5 mil in cap space per year moving forward.

Not saying I would do this deal but it's not a quick no.

Return to Trades and Transactions