Wiz, Rox & Cavs

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Fattz
Junior
And1: 12

Wiz, Rox & Cavs 

Post#1 » by Fattz » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:24 pm

I saw this and liked it.

Cavs
In Harden, Gortat
Out Love, Mozgov & 2 1st round

Pros: Harden can do the same as DWade (maybe better), upgrade the 5, and more PT for TTompson. Plus LaBron helps Harden grow-up, too.
Cons: lose picks

Wiz
In: Brewer, Jones, Mozgov and 2 1st round
Out: Beal, Gortat
Pros: More picks to retool around Wall. Mozgov & Jones > Humphries & Gortat
Cons: lose Beal

Ro x
In: Love, Beal
Out: Harden, Brewer, & Jones
Pros: Howard, Love, Ariza, Beal, & Lawson fit well together as a team plus there is still talent on the bench.
Cons: lose Harden
Timmaytime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,717

Re: Wiz, Rox & Cavs 

Post#2 » by Timmaytime » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:26 pm

Wizards and Rockets I assume are HARD no's.

Harden is a non-starter, and Washington gives up it's 2nd and 3rd options for 3 role players and 2 late firsts.

Cavs run away with this one
ComboGuardCity wrote:If Bellinelli drops 50 and we lose I’ll eat my dog
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,827

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:58 pm

yeah Wizards and Rockets never remotely consider this.

And if I was Cleveland I wouldn't either. You have now made your 3 best players all be guys who need the ball in their hands. Kyrie becomes nothing more than Jason Terry.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Post#4 » by improvisor » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:27 pm

Just like Chuck says,all say no. Cavs get weaker in the front court by giving away 2 starters.Harden won't be traded cuzoelite he's the man and wizards need more value.
KingKyrie1
Pro Prospect
And1: 238

Post#5 » by KingKyrie1 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:34 pm

Turrible, no for everyone.
Swoosh_Stripes
Pro Prospect
And1: 238

Post#6 » by Swoosh_Stripes » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:04 am

Why would the Wizards allow themselves to be fleeced? A trade like this usually does not happen in the middle of the season, not that it would ever happen at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#7 » by Smitty731 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:37 am

None of the three teams are doing this. I think the Wizards say no the loudest. They give up one of the better young SGs in the league for a bunch of guys who are just guys. Beal could be an All-Star at some point. None of the guys they get are doing that.

And the Cavs just spent a year building chemistry. And how in the world do you play James, Harden and Irving together? Do you petition the league to play with two balls? I can't think of a bigger mess.

Houston actually makes out ok, if they wanted to start over. But they seem to be sticking with Harden as their guy.

Not to pile on, but this is pretty bad all around.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#8 » by HornetJail » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:49 am

Rockets are getting absolutely fleeced. Wizards wouldn't touch this either. Obviously Cleveland gets the big steal, but a Kyrie/Harden backcourt makes absolutely no sense next to LeBron. You'd basically be asking BOTH of them to play off-the-ball which eliminates their greatest strength, Harden doesn't give much on defense, and Irving's D is just bad. You'd have to move Irving for a big.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#9 » by penbeast0 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:21 am

If this happens at all, the Wiz should cut out the Rockets and deal Beal and Gortat for Kevin Love, Mosgov, and 2 1sts. Get younger and better in the frontcourt at a major backcourt cost; Love has to be enthusiastic though and I've heard no sign of that.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,170

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:06 am

This is awful for the Cavs. I'd rather have Mozgov than Gortat. So this is basically Harden, who doesn't fit, for two first round picks and Love (who does fit). I don't get why people think the Cavs are breaking up their team and trading key players when they were in the Finals last year and are in 1st place in the East this year. I mean it makes about as much sense as GS trading Green or Klay.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#11 » by Dupp » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:41 am

Cavs would never do this. We get a better player that makes us a considerably worse team.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#12 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:18 am

Wow, you must really hate the Wiz
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,356

Post#13 » by nate33 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:01 pm

penbeast0 wrote:If this happens at all, the Wiz should cut out the Rockets and deal Beal and Gortat for Kevin Love, Mosgov, and 2 1sts. Get younger and better in the frontcourt at a major backcourt cost; Love has to be enthusiastic though and I've heard no sign of that.

Yes. I like that much better for both teams. Beal's catch-and-shoot game and good D are perfect on the Cavs roster. Love is the pick-and-pop stretch four who would work well with Wall just as Rubio and Love played well in Minny. Gortat is a win-now veteran with a more reliable offensive game who fits the Cav's veteran roster. Mosgov is younger and will grow with the younger Wizards' lineup.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#14 » by RSCD3_ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:19 pm

nate33 wrote:
penbeast0 wrote:If this happens at all, the Wiz should cut out the Rockets and deal Beal and Gortat for Kevin Love, Mosgov, and 2 1sts. Get younger and better in the frontcourt at a major backcourt cost; Love has to be enthusiastic though and I've heard no sign of that.

Yes. I like that much better for both teams. Beal's catch-and-shoot game and good D are perfect on the Cavs roster. Love is the pick-and-pop stretch four who would work well with Wall just as Rubio and Love played well in Minny. Gortat is a win-now veteran with a more reliable offensive game who fits the Cav's veteran roster. Mosgov is younger and will grow with the younger Wizards' lineup.

The age difference between gortat and mozgov is 2 years.
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,804

Post#15 » by yoyoboy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:00 pm

nate33 wrote:

If anything, the Wizards should be giving up the 2 firsts in this scenario. Love may be older, but he's considerably better than Beal. And Mozgov is younger and better than Gortat. Plus, this trade leaves us with a skimpy frontcourt.

Even if we were receiving the firsts, I wouldn't do it. LeBron needs the spacing Love provides. And we're currently 11-3 while getting 0 minutes this season from our starting backcourt. Add in the fact that we were 2 wins away from a title last year, and I don't see any reasons to be making trades right now.

Return to Trades and Transactions