What would it take for Pistons to get Swaggy P?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Todd3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Post#1 » by Todd3 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:34 am

I think he is exactly what they need to fix their offense. Sounds crazy I know, but really they just need better spot up shooters. Its to the point guys are hesitating because they are so off, and its messing up flow of the offense. Swaggy P never hesitates and makes a great percentage, so I think his IDGAF style could actually be an asset here.

We could offer:

Meeks
Morris
Tolliver (3m exp)
Bullock
Blake
Dinwiddie
Hilliard
2nd Round picks

Would any combo of that get a deal done?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,503

Re: What would it take for Pistons to get Swaggy P? 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:22 pm

if you would send the Lakers expiring contract(s). That should do it.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,674

Post#3 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Blake/Anthony would work after December 15th, but I think Detroit would want to force it to be Meeks.

Would LAL take an injured guy and increase their cap hit next year 1.1m to dump Young's last year to get out of the third year in which Nick Young has a player option? I don't think so, so somewhere between those end points is a deal?

Meeks/Anthony for Young/Bass clears Bass's player option for next year which, if you think he opts in actually saves the Lakers cap room next year,
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#4 » by LApwnd » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:15 pm

Dinwiddie/tolliver.....we're not taking meeks when we already have lou
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,478

Post#5 » by Slava » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:15 pm

I kind of liked Dinwiddie in the recent game Pistons played the Lakers and I'd take Blake as a mentor for Russell and Clarkson. Anything more than that is gravy. I wouldn't hesitate taking on Meeks either if you guys like Lou Will. If healthy, Meeks is a great fit next to both Clarkson and Russell.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Timmaytime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,717

Post#6 » by Timmaytime » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:52 pm

I mean I might be alone in this but I'd rather not have Young in Detroit
ComboGuardCity wrote:If Bellinelli drops 50 and we lose I’ll eat my dog
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#7 » by coordinator0 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:55 pm

Timmaytime wrote:I mean I might be alone in this but I'd rather not have Young in Detroit

You're not. Young would bring an outside shooting touch that the bench needs, but that's about it. If the main problem with the offense is a lack of ball movement like so many are proclaiming then adding him is a step in the opposite direction.
Timmaytime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Timmaytime » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:02 pm

coordinator0 wrote:
Timmaytime wrote:I mean I might be alone in this but I'd rather not have Young in Detroit

You're not. Young would bring an outside shooting touch that the bench needs, but that's about it. If the main problem with the offense is a lack of ball movement like so many are proclaiming then adding him is a step in the opposite direction.

Okay good. I think this is at best a temporary solution to Jennings being out. But when Jennings comes back it just gets bad
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#9 » by DanishLakerFan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:00 pm

Detroit is playing the 4 out 1 in scheme, but only shooting .308% from 3, which is the 3rd worst in the league. In that regard, I do think Swaggy would be a decent fit in Detroit. He's a very underrated shooter - especially off the catch - and he's taking more good shots this season than usual.

If the Lakers were a playoff team, i'd probably want to keep him as a scoring punch / shooter off the bench. But we're not and he probably wont even be on the team the next time we make the playoffs. For that reason, i think we should move him for anything that helps us going forward. Roll the dice on Dinwiddle or cap space. Whatever.
Todd3
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Todd3 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:03 pm

IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:Detroit is playing the 4 out 1 in scheme, but only shooting .308% from 3, which is the 3rd worst in the league. In that regard, I do think Swaggy would be a decent fit in Detroit. He's a very underrated shooter - especially off the catch - and he's taking more good shots this season than usual.

Exactly. I don't understand those acting like we are too good for a 41% 3pt shooter just because he may be a little flaky. Yeah he isn't going to help with ball movement, but not making shots when open is our bigger problem. In wins we shoot 35% from 3 with 19 assists per game. We shoot 27% from 3 with 17 assists per game otherwise. The deficiency in 3pt % is the bigger factor there and he would help in that regard.

And the catch & shoot 3 that he excels at is exactly what Reggie needs coming off the pick and roll. He would fit perfect in this offense and make it actually functional.
Todd3
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Todd3 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:13 pm

coordinator0 wrote:

He would bring shooting to the starting lineup, which is everything we need. It would allow Morris or KCP to come off the bench and make that unit stronger too. Considering it sounds like he could be had for nothing but exp contracts and his own contract is cheap, there are more positives than negatives in my opinion.

Also, I am one who believes our ball movement issues are due more to lack of capable shooters than willing passers. If we had more guys who could consistently make shots off the pass, I think guys would pass more consistently. Right now every pass just becomes an iso for the next guy because no one can shoot. Adding a great catch and shoot option to the offense would improve both our shooting and ball movement.
Timmaytime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Timmaytime » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:25 pm

Todd3 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

He would bring shooting to the starting lineup, which is everything we need. It would allow Morris or KCP to come off the bench and make that unit stronger too. Considering it sounds like he could be had for nothing but exp contracts and his own contract is cheap, there are more positives than negatives in my opinion.

Also, I am one who believes our ball movement issues are due more to lack of capable shooters than willing passers. If we had more guys who could consistently make shots off the pass, I think guys would pass more consistently. Right now every pass just becomes an iso for the next guy because no one can shoot. Adding a great catch and shoot option to the offense would improve both our shooting and ball movement.

If we brought Swaggy P in and put him into the lineup we would absolutely have a problem passing the ball though. Regardless of what the problem is now. He's averaged 1.5 assists per 36 over his career. The same as KCP, and less than Morris.

It has to be said that KCP is shooting 3% worse than his career average from 3, and Morris is shooting 8% worse than his career average from 3. If Morris were hitting at 36% from 3 like he usually does, or KCP at 34%, our problems are gone.

Our ball movement issue is due to the fact that Reggie Jackson is being used on 30% of possessions. He's only assisting on 37% of his possessions, down from 51% during his time with Detroit last year.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#13 » by old rem » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:52 pm

Well.. While the Piston can use a shooter... I think they need ALL ROUND more than one skill types. Some time you are fishing in a lake with few fish and you ain't got the right bait. Pistons need another QUALITY asset. Lakers need .. someone who is a legit KEEPER.
CENSORED... No comment.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,833

Post#14 » by Smitty731 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:34 pm

If Nick Young is the answer, I don't want to know what the question is.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,871

Post#15 » by the_process » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:08 pm

Blake and Anthony ought to do the trick. If LA asks for more just hang up the phone. Pretty sure Mitch will call you right back begging to accept the deal.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#16 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:19 pm

I think it would take Stan van Gundy, the GM, to forget that he is also Stan van Gundy, the coach.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#17 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:31 pm

Drugs and lots of them

Young is exactly the player we are trying to avoid
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,775

Post#18 » by Cowology » Tue Dec 1, 2015 12:29 am

No. Just... no.
Timmaytime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Timmaytime » Tue Dec 1, 2015 1:09 am

Smitty731 wrote:If Nick Young is the answer, I don't want to know what the question is.

something about being able to find the best clubs on road trips

Return to Trades and Transactions