Mem/Min and Mem/NO/Chi

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Mem/Min and Mem/NO/Chi 

Post#1 » by Zordor » Sat Jan 2, 2016 2:53 am

Memphis needs shooting , but is also transitioning into a weird half old school half new school style, but Memphis has a few easily fixable problems:
1. Jeff and Zbo can't play together at the same time EVER
2. Need more spacing
3. Need rebounding
4. Need Zbo to come off the bench

Proposition:
First things first, trade the grind father Tony Allen, he is too much of a liability on offense for a team like Memphis with no spacing and decent defense , so they trade him to Minnesota for Kevin Martin who isn't much younger or on a better contract , plays abysmal defense, and is injury prone, but he can shoot the ball and space the floor for Memphis and will be a solid player off the bench, but this doesn't really move the hand for Memphis enough , especially on the long term.

Second trade is a 3 team trade, New Orleans would probably make another trade to get out from under Asik's contract and a trade for Morris via Anderson might just help them do that, but aside the point. back to the trade proposal.

Memphis trades:
Adams
Lee
Jeff Green

Bulls trade:
Snell
Gibson

NO trades:
Gordon
Gee

Memphis gets:
Gordon
Gee (who they might cut)
A free roster spot for 10 day contracts (actually a good reason for this trade in general)

Bulls get:
Lee
Adams

No gets:
Gibson
Snell
Green

Memphis adds a very good floor spacer and some roster space to add around the edges , I think they use this as an opportunity to try starting jamychal green who is very athletic and despite Zbo coming off the bench still this serves Memphis new identity and it lets their pick this year Martin to get a chance to play as well and see some bigger fast break lineups as Brandan wright comes off injury.

Bulls get a solid 2 way wing player and rid themselves of Snell who seems not very liked as a bit inconsistent in the bulls community , and Adams will serve as a solid young prospect on the wing for them as well while opening up their front court rotation as Noah has looked better recently and lee is also a solid ball handler and can take some of the load off of Rose if need be.

NO doesn't completely blows it up, they add solid depth for a rehash next year , snell is still young and has decent potential, I think his coach just isn't installing him with confidence in himself , Gibson will be a solid player next to Davis and can consistently run the 5 and is a solid low post defender , green gives them some length and is definitely better than what they have on the wing currently , also allows Evans to play his more comfortable 2 man position .

Thoughts?
504ByrdGang
Junior
And1: 252

Re: Mem/Min and Mem/NO/Chi 

Post#2 » by 504ByrdGang » Sat Jan 2, 2016 3:08 am

Pels say yes please and thank you
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#3 » by Goner » Sat Jan 2, 2016 5:56 am

If I were NO, I'd be targeting Adams out of all these players.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,057

Post#4 » by Domejandro » Sat Jan 2, 2016 7:05 am

Sold, I will personally buy Kevin Martin's ticket.
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#5 » by PlayerUp » Sat Jan 2, 2016 10:28 am

It clearly said the Bulls are looking for a dominant wing in the "rumors" article.

Lee is a shooting guard and is an average starter. Not what the Bulls are looking for by trading one of their frontcourt pieces. Pass.
MKWB
Sixth Man
And1: 627

Post#6 » by MKWB » Sat Jan 2, 2016 4:58 pm

That would be an awesome return for Eric Gordon and Alonzo Gee, in my opinion. Although I wonder if they would want to take Babbitt instead of Gee. It would definitely balance the roster out and give the Pels as good a SF as they've had in years. And I know Green isn't the greatest, but the SF position has been historically bad for the Nola Hornets/Pels since I starting watching in the CP3 era. Desmond Mason/past-prime and injured Peja, past prime James Posey/ Julian Wright/ AF Aminu. Pondexter last year was actually pretty good at the SF spot. J. Green could be an interesting fit. Gibson would be awesome to have as a solid, steady 2-way PF/C to add to the mix.

New roster after this trade:

Asik/Gibson/Ajinca
Davis/Anderson
J.Green/Cunningham/Babbitt
Pondexter/Evans/Snell
Holiday/Cole

With Anderson and/or Evans possibly being traded before Feb. Could even find a way to come back in the playoff race with this trade.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,193

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jan 2, 2016 5:31 pm

PlayerUp wrote:It clearly said the Bulls are looking for a dominant wing in the "rumors" article.

Lee is a shooting guard and is an average starter. Not what the Bulls are looking for by trading one of their frontcourt pieces. Pass.

Lee is a good two-way wing. I'm not sure what type of trade value the Bulls think Gibson/Noah have but they aren't getting Kawaii Leonard back for those guys.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
WesleyExChiFan
Starter
And1: 1,014

Re: RE: Re: Mem/Min and Mem/NO/Chi 

Post#8 » by WesleyExChiFan » Sat Jan 2, 2016 6:20 pm

PlayerUp wrote:It clearly said the Bulls are looking for a dominant wing in the "rumors" article.

Gibson for Lee is a fair deal. No question. The problem is that Gibson has really thrived as a starter and stabilized the team. Can't deal him now. In vacuum this is a very fair trade though.
Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Post#9 » by Zordor » Mon Jan 4, 2016 10:44 pm

Talking about Memphis having open roster spots with this, Conley is a bit hurt right now and is inevitably gonna get hurt again at some point so Memphis is gonna have to add a 3rd point guard option and with the release of Christian wood who was on Memphis radar for the draft, do they give him a 10 day contract and try him out?

Return to Trades and Transactions