Jabari Parker

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Re: Jabari Parker 

Post#61 » by H2tObes » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:00 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Well, I am not going to make a thread because I consider that an offensive offer for Giannis. I can almost assure you the vast majority of neutral fans on this site would consider that an awful offer for Giannis too. Not trading Favors for Giannis is about as homer as it gets, which is fine. I just think it's funny. Carry on

This discussion is really just academic, though, because there is no reason for the Bucks to trade Giannis.

This I can agree with
wickerhd
Bench Warmer
And1: 139

Jabari Parker 

Post#62 » by wickerhd » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:12 pm

LuessiT wrote:
bs_and_cs wrote:Now this is an interesting discussion in my mind.

Parker is pretty much exactly the kind of play Boston needs to add to their rotation. The question is how much would I give up for him? I'm not sure. I wonder what Milwaukee would ask for.

It would probably take this years BKN pick and then some TBH. I'd be fine with just the BKN pick if you could guarantee us that we'd draft top 3 but the way the draft is structured it's top2 or bust. So BKN pick, a future pick (not BKN) and filler for Parker. Don't think Boston would bite though.

Ainge would probably go for this. He was a big fan of Parker and scouted him extensively before the draft. In fact, many in Boston thought he would have taken Parker if the Celtics were lucky with the ping pong balls. Probably has to happen now. If Cs had the number 1 pick, they would be sifting through a bunch of other offers.

Parker for Jerebko and the Brooklyn pick works on the trade checker. Might even sweeten the deal with a couple of seconds.
****dave
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#63 » by stitches » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:14 pm

H2tObes wrote:
Coeur wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Well, I am not going to make a thread because I consider that an offensive offer for Giannis. I can almost assure you the vast majority of neutral fans on this site would consider that an awful offer for Giannis too. Not trading Favors for Giannis is about as homer as it gets, which is fine. I just think it's funny. Carry on

You are calling someone out for being a homer but are offended that someone offers cj McCollum, heyward, and favors for giannes? That is a lot of value given up for potential.

No, I was offended at the offer Heyward + Lyles for Giannis. Reading comprehension

You are offended by one of the most versatile wings in the game(20/5/4 player) + recent lottery talent for Giannis? Wow! Offended?
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#64 » by H2tObes » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:18 pm

stitches wrote:
H2tObes wrote:
Coeur wrote:You are calling someone out for being a homer but are offended that someone offers cj McCollum, heyward, and favors for giannes? That is a lot of value given up for potential.

No, I was offended at the offer Heyward + Lyles for Giannis. Reading comprehension

You are offended by one of the most versatile wings in the game(20/5/4 player) + recent lottery talent for Giannis? Wow! Offended?

Yep, offended. Star power is what matters in the NBA, Giannis has very real top 10 player potential. Heyward is a career borderline all-star and Lyles may fight his way into being a starter one day. Bucks would hang up instantly if the Jazz called and offered that package. I'm sorry if that offends you! haha.....
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#65 » by stitches » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:29 pm

H2tObes wrote:
stitches wrote:
H2tObes wrote:No, I was offended at the offer Heyward + Lyles for Giannis. Reading comprehension

Yep, offended. Star power is what matters in the NBA, Giannis has very real top 10 player potential. Heyward is a career borderline all-star and Lyles may fight his way into being a starter one day. Bucks would hang up instantly if the Jazz called and offered that package

You are very sensitive if offers like that offend you. The whole appeal and higher level of upside of Giannis lives and dies with his ability to hit a jumper, something he's shown very little improvements with. He will never be a top 10 player if he can't hit the 3 at ~35% clip. He's in his third year and he's still shooting in the low 20s from 3 and 30% on pull up 2s. Of course he can improve but there is a long road ahead if he's ever going to be a dominant player.
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#66 » by H2tObes » Sat Feb 6, 2016 1:41 pm

stitches wrote:
H2tObes wrote:
stitches wrote:

Yep, offended. Star power is what matters in the NBA, Giannis has very real top 10 player potential. Heyward is a career borderline all-star and Lyles may fight his way into being a starter one day. Bucks would hang up instantly if the Jazz called and offered that package

You are very sensitive if offers like that offend you. The whole appeal and higher level of upside of Giannis lives and dies with his ability to hit a jumper, something he's shown very little improvements with. He will never be a top 10 player if he can't hit the 3 at ~35% clip. He's in his third year and he's still shooting in the low 20s from 3 and 30% on pull up 2s. Of course he can improve but there is a long road ahead if he's ever going to be a dominant player.

You sound more offended than I am. I've seen what Giannis is capable of, I wouldn't consider trading him for anything that isn't a godfather offer. This offer is straight up bad value for Giannis in my opinion, that's just my opinion though. You can have yours.

Lets put it this way, if the Bucks had Favors, I would be hesitant to trade him for a package of Heyward + Lyles. I think Giannis has a whole lot more value than Favors
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#67 » by Coeur » Sat Feb 6, 2016 2:12 pm

H2tObes wrote:
Coeur wrote:

You are calling someone out for being a homer but are offended that someone offers cj McCollum, heyward, and favors for giannes? That is a lot of value given up for potential.

Wow. You're right, terrible reading comprehension. My apologies. I didn't even realize that package was in a trade idea for Giannis AND Parker.
GFreak34
Bench Warmer
And1: 203

Post#68 » by GFreak34 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 2:13 pm

H2tObes wrote:
stitches wrote:
H2tObes wrote: He will never be a top 10 player if he can't hit the 3 at ~35% clip. He's in his third year and he's still shooting in the low 20s from 3 and 30% on pull up 2s.

He can and he will. The only reason not shooting those 3s is Kidd.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#69 » by Phila Tough » Sat Feb 6, 2016 5:33 pm

I'd be hesistant to trade Favors for Giannis straight up. He is going to be a force in this league. I can see why some fans would prefer Giannis though.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#70 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:10 pm

There is a special place in hell for those who attempt to make trade proposals for Giannis.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
bs_and_cs
Analyst
And1: 2,843

Post#71 » by bs_and_cs » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:37 pm

LuessiT wrote:

Parker is pretty much exactly the kind of play Boston needs to add to their rotation. The question is how much would I give up for him? I'm not sure. I wonder what Milwaukee would ask for.

It would probably take this years BKN pick and then some TBH. I'd be fine with just the BKN pick if you could guarantee us that we'd draft top 3 but the way the draft is structured it's top2 or bust. So BKN pick, a future pick (not BKN) and filler for Parker. Don't think Boston would bite though.

Personally, I'd probably do that.

Not sure how other Celtics fans feel or even how Ainge feels (obviously lol, if I knew how Ainge felt, I probably wouldn't be posting on realGM). But does the 35ish% chance at Simmons or Ingram outweigh Parker's potential? I don't think so.

That said, i still don't think Milwaukee would move Parker. That would just be giving up way to early on him.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#72 » by LuessiT » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:46 pm

bs_and_cs wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

Not sure how other Celtics fans feel or even how Ainge feels (obviously lol, if I knew how Ainge felt, I probably wouldn't be posting on realGM). But does the 35ish% chance at Simmons or Ingram outweigh Parker's potential? I don't think so.

That said, i still don't think Milwaukee would move Parker. That would just be giving up way to early on him.

I'm still confident in Parker. The question is though if there are doubts about Parker and Giannis fitting together. Simmon's would probably have the same problem but might be an upgrade over Jabari with a knee injury. Ingram, while maybe not better, would be a better fit, offensively and defensively. I agree that everything after that is a downgrade. It would be a gamble.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#73 » by John Murdoch » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:53 pm

Id do Russell for him
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,812

Post#74 » by Prez » Sat Feb 6, 2016 7:54 pm

LuessiT wrote:
bs_and_cs wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

I'm still confident in Parker. The question is though if there are doubts about Parker and Giannis fitting together. Simmon's would probably have the same problem but might be an upgrade over Jabari with a knee injury. Ingram, while maybe not better, would be a better fit, offensively and defensively. I agree that everything after that is a downgrade. It would be a gamble.

I get the fit concerns considering neither has a set position, in years past they might be considered tweeners but in today's game they fit well into the "positionless" style that is winning, especially Giannis. I think they both can slide from 3 to 4 back to 3 easily in their primes. The only thing is they both have areas that are underdeveloped at the moment, which is gonna happen when you're 20-21, and in Jabari's case, coming off an 11 month rehab. So it's hard to tell at the moment.

There are two things that need to happen for them to be a bad fit going forward IMO...

- Neither of them ever develop 3PT range...which I can't see, at the very least Jabari I'm 100% positive will. He's not shooting them now because Kidd has ordered him not do, but he's always shot them well before the NBA and his form, touch, etc is great. He'll be a nice shooter in time.

- Jabari stays a bad defender...this one is a bit more realistic, but I don't think it'll happen. Jabari has been a surprisingly decent man to man defender, like he can legit stay in front of his man and his size on wings defensively has actually been troublesome for the other guy at times. The problem is his help defense awareness, he seems lost like half the time on switches, rotations, closeouts, etc. The good thing is he'll have games or stretches where he seems to "get it", and things are clicking, which bodes well for the future. The main thing is that he has all the physical tools to be a great defender, he just needs to watch footage religiously and keep learning on court. I think he'll be at least mediocre down the road.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,534

Post#75 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Feb 6, 2016 8:07 pm

Meh there's a long list of players who weren't right the first stretch after coming back from ACL. Bucks should use 16-17 as more important to judge him
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#76 » by LuessiT » Sat Feb 6, 2016 8:41 pm

Milbuck wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
bs_and_cs wrote:

I get the fit concerns considering neither has a set position, in years past they might be considered tweeners but in today's game they fit well into the "positionless" style that is winning, especially Giannis. I think they both can slide from 3 to 4 back to 3 easily in their primes. The only thing is they both have areas that are underdeveloped at the moment, which is gonna happen when you're 20-21, and in Jabari's case, coming off an 11 month rehab. So it's hard to tell at the moment.

There are two things that need to happen for them to be a bad fit going forward IMO...

- Neither of them ever develop 3PT range...which I can't see, at the very least Jabari I'm 100% positive will. He's not shooting them now because Kidd has ordered him not do, but he's always shot them well before the NBA and his form, touch, etc is great. He'll be a nice shooter in time.

- Jabari stays a bad defender...this one is a bit more realistic, but I don't think it'll happen. Jabari has been a surprisingly decent man to man defender, like he can legit stay in front of his man and his size on wings defensively has actually been troublesome for the other guy at times. The problem is his help defense awareness, he seems lost like half the time on switches, rotations, closeouts, etc. The good thing is he'll have games or stretches where he seems to "get it", and things are clicking, which bodes well for the future. The main thing is that he has all the physical tools to be a great defender, he just needs to watch footage religiously and keep learning on court. I think he'll be at least mediocre down the road.

Yeah I'm not advocating for trading him. I just tried to shed some light on what the bucks would ask.

Another option would be a trade on draft night. If e.g. the Lakers get the second pick and take Ingram, I could see the Lakers pushing for something around an Ingram/Parker swap. The Lakers want to compete sooner rather than later and might rather want a 3rd year player with a higher floor. Just pure speculation though.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#77 » by trwi7 » Sat Feb 6, 2016 8:51 pm

stitches wrote:The whole appeal and higher level of upside of Giannis lives and dies with his ability to hit a jumper, something he's shown very little improvements with.

He's currently averaging 16/7/3 on well above average efficiency as a 21 year old that plays with one shooter around him. Once the game slows down for him and he hones his moves and becomes more aggressive with them, he'll be a monster, even if he doesn't improve his shooting one bit.

Look at the most common lineup Giannis plays in

MCW
Middleton
Parker
Giannis
Monroe

One shooter. Everyone else needs to be in the paint and he's still putting up these numbers. It's why it's so frustrating being a fan of this team. They say the core is Giannis, Middleton, Parker and then they go out and get guys like MCW and Monroe, two guys that couldn't be worse fits for the team and basically sabotage the core players and make it that much more difficult for them to produce.

You surround Giannis with a few shooters and all of a sudden teams can't pack the paint like they do which leaves Giannis in a 1 on 1 with his defender to drive. They either lay off and chances are Giannis will beat his defender or they slide down to help and Giannis can kick it out to an open shooter.

We can all see this, yet our coaching staff and front office can't. :(

I remember back to a postgame thread from early in the year where Cleveland was playing defense against us. Our starting 5 was on the floor and they just put Smith on Middleton and then everybody packed the paint and left MCW wide open. Result, completely bricked jumper.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#78 » by buckboy » Sat Feb 6, 2016 9:48 pm

H2tObes wrote:Saying Jabari lacks explosiveness off the drive and isnt quick is literally some of the worst player evaluation I've ever seen on realGM, that is what he has going for him...he is one of the most explosive guys in the league around the rim and off the drive, and he is lightning quick for his size. Get out of here with that non sense!

Yeah, I'm not nearly as high on Jabari as most Bucks fans, but he is absolutley explosive, athletically. He might be the most explosive Buck ever.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#79 » by buckboy » Sat Feb 6, 2016 9:55 pm

KqWIN wrote:Favors and Hayward for Giannis. Amazing.

Yeah, I agree, it's not enough.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#80 » by Crooked-I » Sat Feb 6, 2016 10:25 pm

I think he doesn't fit in well with Giannis and Middleton. They have to make a decision on Middleton or Jabari and trade one. I'd keep Jabari, more upside, but that's just me.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi

Return to Trades and Transactions