Chicago - New York - Portland - Toronto

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,381

Chicago - New York - Portland - Toronto 

Post#1 » by drosestruts » Mon Feb 8, 2016 5:56 pm

Chicago in: Robin Lopez, Meyers Leonard, Lucas Nogueira, Jerian Grant and 2017 Clippers 1st round pick (via Toronto).
Chicago out: Pau Gasol, Taj Gibson, Tony Snell and Aaron Brooks

New York in: Pau Gasol and Patrick Patterson
New York out: Robin Lopez and Jerian Grant

Portland in: Tony Snell and Aaron Brooks
Portland out: Meyers Leonard

Toronto in: Taj Gibson
Toronto out: Patrick Patterson, Lucas Nogueira and 2017 Clippers 1st round pick

Bulls:

Rose/Hinrich/Grant
Butler/Moore
Dunleavy/McDermott
Mirotic/Portis/Leonard
Lopez/Leonard/Nogueira

The Bulls roster is currently a mess. Their coach wants to play a pace and space style that a starting lineup of Rose-Butler-Moore-Gibson-Gasol simply can't perform, you can't play pace and space when your slow and can't shoot. It's a low energy, iso heavy unit that due to age and contracts doesn't have a future together anyway. The Bulls cut the cord on their current makeup and import some players that can space the floor and play with more energy. Dunleavy returned to the lineup for the first time recently, he goes back to starting pushing Moore to the backup 2 spot, saving Butler from playing 40 minutes a night. Mirotic starts along with Dunleavy giving the starting unit the floor spacing they need. Lopez is a high energy active defender, the Bulls need that energy in the starting group. Grant, Leonard and Nogueira give the Bulls depth options and young talent that can be evaluated as long term fits.

Knicks:

Calderon/Galloway
Afflalo/Vujacic
Anthony/Thomas
Prozingis/Williams/Patterson
Gasol/O'Quinn/Seraphin

Gasol is a prove success in the triangle and fits well next to Prozingis. He has a relationship with Phil and his presence punches up the Knicks offense.

TrailBlazers:

Lillard/Brooks
McCollum/Crabbee
Aminu/Snell/Harkless
Vonleh/Alexander
Plumlee/Davis

Not sure Portland wants to pay Leonard this summer. This trades improves their point guard depth and wing depth while they battle for the playoffs in the west. Snell also could be a potential long-term fit on the wing in Portland.

Raptors:

Lowry/Joseph/Wright
DeRozan/Ross/
Carroll/Johnson/Caboclo
Gibson/Scola/Bennett
Valancunias/Biyombo

Raptors upgrade the weakest position on their roster. They're 9-1 over their last 10 games and are looking to be Cleveland's biggest threat in the East. Gibson can contribute on both ends of the floor and match up with a number of the Raptors current front court players.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,830

Re: Chicago - New York - Portland - Toronto 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Feb 8, 2016 5:59 pm

The Raptors portion makes sense. I could even see the Portland portion if they aren't wanting to bring Leonard back. Don't understand the Knicks portion of this. Pau and Patterson aren't leading that group to the playoffs so I don't understand the point of this for the Knicks.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
drosestruts
General Manager

Post#3 » by drosestruts » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:06 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:The Raptors portion makes sense. I could even see the Portland portion if they aren't wanting to bring Leonard back. Don't understand the Knicks portion of this. Pau and Patterson aren't leading that group to the playoffs so I don't understand the point of this for the Knicks.

My thinking was that the Knicks haven't given up on the playoffs yet. They don't have a pick this year, so tanking is pointless. As of right now they are 4 games out of the playoffs.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,830

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:12 pm

No doubt they haven't given up, but they just fired their HC and ultimately if they don't make the playoffs they just swapped RoLo and Grant for a year of Patterson which feels like poor value.

Obviously Pau is perfect for the triangle and if the combination of Phil, NYC, Melo, and Porzingis could convince him to re-sign it's a lot better, but IDK the likelihood.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
GFreak34
Bench Warmer
And1: 203

Post#5 » by GFreak34 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 7:18 pm

Don't like it for the Bulls. The Bulls are a mess cause they lack a good SF (Dunleavy is too old to expect much and McD isn't there yet) and also lack a good PF (Taj is just a burden at this point, acting poorly all around, Miro is Injured and Bobby is too young to rely on). With this trade, the Bulls will be missing Pau"s good scoring ability which will be needed during the play-offs and i don't buy that Lopez defense. The rest are fill ups that don't really interest me, neither does the clippers pick. So, it's a no from me.

If you can short out a deal that involves Lance coming to Chicago, i d like it better.
drosestruts
General Manager

Post#6 » by drosestruts » Mon Feb 8, 2016 7:46 pm

GFreak34 wrote:Don't like it for the Bulls. The Bulls are a mess cause they lack a good SF (Dunleavy is too old to expect much and McD isn't there yet) and also lack a good PF (Taj is just a burden at this point, acting poorly all around, Miro is Injured and Bobby is too young to rely on). With this trade, the Bulls will be missing Pau"s good scoring ability which will be needed during the play-offs and i don't buy that Lopez defense. The rest are fill ups that don't really interest me, neither does the clippers pick. So, it's a no from me.

If you can short out a deal that involves Lance coming to Chicago, i d like it better.

Lance Stephenson?!?!?
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#7 » by Soulyss » Mon Feb 8, 2016 7:53 pm

Wow, I know some of the Portland people on this board dislike Meyers, but this is horrible for Portland. No way Portland would accept this.

Return to Trades and Transactions