Which Superstar Is Available?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Re: Which Superstar Is Available? 

Post#21 » by sportscrazy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:26 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:Now, given that the Rockets have not been what they expected to be this season and probably know they will not be able to compete with the Warriors as currently constructed combined with Morey's skill-set of acquiring assets. Would the Rockets trading James Harden for a king's ransom of draft picks, young talent and expiring contracts while dumping some of their contracts in the process and slipping back into the lottery and hence keeping their own 2016 first round draft picks be a good idea? They could let Lawson, Dwight, etc. expire and have tons of cap space and assets to rebuild a new team better suited to win a championship.

That's really hard for me to see considering how far an engaged Harden was able to take that team last year. I don't think the Rockets are ready to give him up yet. I think they move on from Howard this summer and aggressively pursue some more talent to put around him.

That said, Morey ain't scared. If he decided they couldn't compete with GSW over the next few years as currently constructed and he got an insane offer, I wouldn't completely put it past him. Some GM's would never dare for fear of it backfiring and them losing their job. I got to give it to Morey that I don't think he'd let that impact his thinking.

Yeah, it would have to be a "God Father" trade offer coming to Houston for Harden, but like I said in a trade market dying for a seller and the fact that Harden is a true "superstar", I could see Boston, Denver, Orlando and others out-bidding themselves to the point that one of them makes a ridiculous offer to make sure they land Harden over the offers from the other teams. At that point, Morey would have to consider it, no?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#22 » by bondom34 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:26 pm

I'd add I'm to the point where I think Cousins may have to be available soon.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#23 » by sportscrazy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:30 pm

bondom34 wrote:I'd add I'm to the point where I think Cousins may have to be available soon.

I just think one of these big names will be thrown out there and the "buyers" will go crazy out-bidding themselves. The lack of significant players on the trade market implies now would be a time to sell high if you have a true super-star player that isn't adding up to wins for your team.

Like I said, as a Knicks fan, I'm pissed 'Melo has a no trade clause because right now would be the best time to get great value for him.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#24 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:31 pm

There's only four current real superstars in the league, which none are available.

There's plenty of all-stars and great players though.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#25 » by Kings2013 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:33 pm

bondom34 wrote:I'd add I'm to the point where I think Cousins may have to be available soon.

Other things will happen before that point. Namely a new coach that fits him/team
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,821

Post#26 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:35 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:There's only four current real superstars in the league, which none are available.

Curry
Lebron
Durant
Westbrook
Paul
Kawhi
Davis
Harden

I mean those are all no-brainers. Then you have guys like Blake Griffin, Cousins, etc that you really have to consider. Saying just 4 is hyperbole.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#27 » by Mich3006 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:35 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Usual caveat that superstar is a nebulous term around here, but at the risk of starting a riot I'll name a few names who might be available for the right price and might possibly be considered stars or superstars:

Cousins, PG, Blake, Gasol, Melo, Love, Conley, Horford, Dwight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I´m confused about this name because the PG I know plays in Indiana and is unavailable to the fullest
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,821

Post#28 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Kings2013 wrote:

Other things will happen before that point. Namely a new coach that fits him/team

Do you think the Kings will be able to attract a really good head coach? I have my doubts about that atm with how Karl has been jerked around(not that he's been good because he has not), how many coaches they burned through in short order. Not to mention minority owners at odds with Vivek, Divac trying his best, but obviously he's new at this.

It's just not an attractive job because you can't trust management to fully support you or provide the talent you need particularly with the Philly trade having stripped some assets.

I'm not trying to take shots at the Kings, but honestly I think attracting a good coach is going to be really difficult.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#29 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:44 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:There's only four current real superstars in the league, which none are available.

Curry
Lebron
Durant
Westbrook
Paul
Kawhi
Davis
Harden

I mean those are all no-brainers. Then you have guys like Blake Griffin, Cousins, etc that you really have to consider. Saying just 4 is hyperbole.

My mistake, I def forgot Leonard. (Silly me as he just hit a game winner against my team last night)

I retract my statement and correct it with that there's (5) real superstars.

I'm sorry I do not believe Paul George/Anthony Davis/James Harden/Chris Paul are true "superstars" and having Griffin or Cousins in that conversation just goes to show how loosely that word gets thrown around. Some of these players can def become superstars but personally I do not believe they're currently.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#30 » by Kings2013 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Kings2013 wrote:

Do you think the Kings will be able to attract a really good head coach? I have my doubts about that atm with how Karl has been jerked around(not that he's been good because he has not), how many coaches they burned through in short order. Not to mention minority owners at odds with Vivek, Divac trying his best, but obviously he's new at this.

It's just not an attractive job because you can't trust management to fully support you or provide the talent you need particularly with the Philly trade having stripped some assets.

I'm not trying to take shots at the Kings, but honestly I think attracting a good coach is going to be really difficult.

They don't really need a big name, just one who provides energy and a proper game plan around the talent

I envy what teams like Utah and Boston have, young energetic guys looking who had no real name

Karl's abuse of the team is just blatant. He's too old for the interpersonal communication and putting his stamp. We have (or had) the number one pace when Cousins/Gay and a lot aren't suited for that. He has Cousins on the perimeter

He's sabotaging the team and you can't make drastic personnel decisions until you see the players with someone else

Return to Trades and Transactions