What would you give for Porzingis

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Re: What would you give for Porzingis 

Post#21 » by AingesBurner » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:08 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:Favors and a pick

Wow. We have a winner.

I like Favors but I like what Zinger brings, and if he can get a legit 3 then you are talking about greatness and a big rotation of Gobert, Zinger, and Lyles is natty.
Ingles is cooked.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#22 » by Laimbeer » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:27 pm

PMOTT3 wrote:Literally anyone on the Hawks outside of Coach Bud

Any single player or any combination of players?
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#23 » by H2tObes » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:34 pm

WhatsaTDot wrote:Pointless thread is pointless. You don't want to trade him? Stroke your ego elsewhere.

Does it upset you when fans are interested in their young stars?
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,857

Post#24 » by Duffman100 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:35 pm

Anybody on the Raptors.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#25 » by H2tObes » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:38 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

Wow. We have a winner.

Huh? Russell + #2 blows this out of the water. I would not consider for one second trading Porzingis for Favors and a mid 1st, can't speak for Knick fans though

Edit: Misread Randle as Russell. My bad. Taking back that 1st sentence :oops:
RookieJazz
Junior
And1: 43

Post#26 » by RookieJazz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:39 pm

+1. win win situation here.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,568

Post#27 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:43 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:Porzingis and Calderon
for
#1 pick, #24 pick, and Stauskas

That doesn't make sense positionally for Philly, and I don't think it does valuewise either.

I like the fit... if they moved 1 or more of their bigs for a wing or PG, but yeah, that value looks off to me.
BTW... where does Saric project in the line-up.. SF or PF?

PF.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,049

Post#28 » by Reign23 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:46 pm

#2 + randle > favors + mid 1st
formerly known as knickst4pe
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,178

Post#29 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:47 pm

H2tObes wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Wow. We have a winner.

Huh? Russell + #2 blows this out of the water. I would not consider for one second trading Porzingis for Favors and a mid 1st, can't speak for Knick fans though

Assuming that I agreed with your evaluation in a vacuum, the Knicks are on the clock with Melo. If they traded Zinger, it wouldn't be for other rebuilding pieces.

But your evaluation is also off. Russell has been okay as a rookie and people are making a lot of excuses as to why that is. Kryie played on an awful team his rookie year, and under coach Scott, and won ROY. It's the one-and-done era so you have be patient with these guys but what you don't have to do when trading for them is assume they'll be 10x better in a different situation. The No. 2 pick, assuming the Lakers get it, hasn't stepped onto an NBA court.

Derrick Favors has demonstrated that he is a really good two-way player, who can rebound, at a position where it's very hard to find players like that. The Jazz add a lottery pick. I'd take their package.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Jwduff
Pro Prospect
And1: 155

Post#30 » by Jwduff » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:52 pm

PMOTT3 wrote:Literally anyone on the Hawks outside of Coach Bud

If this were to happen, it'd be to surround Melo w/ win now players. So, Zinger for Millsap & Teague

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,013

Post#31 » by R-DAWG » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:56 pm

Trades like this never work. The Knicks will expect the value of a young superstar in return for KP and a team trading for KP will want a discount off that value because there is still risk involved with KP. Will he get stronger? If he gets stronger how will that effect his athleticism? Can his body hold the extra weight? Will he ever develop a true, go to move or 2 that all elite scorers have.

What we know about KP is he's tall, can block a lot of shots, and hit a lot of 3's. We still don't know if he's a better shot blocking Dirk, Chris Bosh, or Raef LaFrentz.

If KP is moved, it would be as part of a larger deal that brought the Knicks a young superstar (ie: Anthony Davis with NY sending future draft compensation to New Orleans). But this kind of move is a few years away when AD gets closer to free agency IF New Orleans has fears of him leaving.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,049

Post#32 » by Reign23 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:16 pm

R-DAWG wrote:Trades like this never work. The Knicks will expect the value of a young superstar in return for KP and a team trading for KP will want a discount off that value because there is still risk involved with KP. Will he get stronger? If he gets stronger how will that effect his athleticism? Can his body hold the extra weight? Will he ever develop a true, go to move or 2 that all elite scorers have.

What we know about KP is he's tall, can block a lot of shots, and hit a lot of 3's. We still don't know if he's a better shot blocking Dirk, Chris Bosh, or Raef LaFrentz.

If KP is moved, it would be as part of a larger deal that brought the Knicks a young superstar (ie: Anthony Davis with NY sending future draft compensation to New Orleans). But this kind of move is a few years away when AD gets closer to free agency IF New Orleans has fears of him leaving.

any offer is welcome :lol:
formerly known as knickst4pe
SkyhookinUrMom
Junior
And1: 351

Post#33 » by SkyhookinUrMom » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:22 pm

#5 + Dieng + Shabazz + Lavine
Air_Gordon
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#34 » by Air_Gordon » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:37 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Air_Gordon wrote:I would LOVE him on the Magic :) BUT without giving up AG or Mario - which would prob result in NY hanging straight up. But ill give it a go.

Would give - Dipo, Vuc, this years 1st (12th?), Next years 1st (protected 1-6) For Porzingis and Calderon.

Sign Whiteside to Max and let them grow.

PG - Payton/Calderon/Jennings
SG - Fournier/Mario/Jennings
SF - AG/Mario/Fournier
PF - Porzingis/AG/Ersan
C - Whiteside/Porzingis/Dedmon

PG is covered, Payton I am higher on than most (Playmaking and Defence) and Calderon is a decent back up. If possible maybe keep Jennings on a 1yr deal too as a offensive spark.
SG - COVERED. Fournier and Mario bring shooting and slashing. Defence an issue. maybe try get a vet defense first SG/SF.
SF - AG and Mario split time, if AG can develop an outside shot it is perfect. AG can lock down SF on defence
PF- More than covered. Porzingis brings defense, shooting, rebounding, AG brings an inside game, can defend PF, rebound and energy/hustle. Ersan when we need more shooting (move Porzingis to the 5)
C- Whiteside brings tier 1 defense, great pick and roll with Payton. Dedmon brings rebounding and energy of the bench. Porzingis if we go all out shooting.

I like it, can lock down defensively. Shooters everywhere, rebounding, playmaking, hustle and YOUTH, give them time to grow.

But as I said, it is a dream as the package would not be enough unless we get LUCKY and get a top 2 pick this year :), then maybe......

For NY, they get Dipo and Vuc on good contracts plus restock picks (if a TOP 2 this year) and move Calderon's contract.

few things
-AG has very little inside game, so AG "brings the inside game" is incorrect.
-Skiles seems to not like the PnR, so it wont matter if Whiteside is good at that or not.
-Payton and AG are not good shooters, so the team doesnt actually have shooters everywhere.

Point 1 I can get on with AG and inside game, I could see it develop very well though, should have prefaced that. You are 100% right.

Point 2, again agree, although I have to imagine if we had Whiteside and Payton, Skiles would have to start loving the PnR, if not, let him go :)

Point 3, again I should have prefaced with depending on the line-up we have shooters EVERYWHERE. Run Calderon, Fournier, Mario, Ersan and Porzingis and you have shooting EVERYWHERE.

My bad for not being clearer, i didn't want to go into that much detail as I believe the trade is a non starter but it is a dream and I can see the *lineups* working.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#35 » by rsavaj » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:19 pm

anything you want from Phoenix other than Booker
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#36 » by Patsfan1081 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:22 pm

Dragon Bender and a lifetime supply of Muscle milk?
marty264
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#37 » by marty264 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:52 pm

SkyhookinUrMom wrote:#5 + Dieng + Shabazz + Lavine

That's what I was thinking too. If we won the lottery, I'd probably do #1, Dieng, and Shabazz.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#38 » by Esohny » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:58 pm

Tree-fitty. But neither the LNM nor the knicks are trading him.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Hmeach
Senior
And1: 245

Post#39 » by Hmeach » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:12 pm

BKN 16' (1st, 2nd or 3rd) + Smart? Guess it depends if how you view Smart as a prospect. I'm personally very high on him.
Crossy2008
Sixth Man
And1: 1,163

Post#40 » by Crossy2008 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:36 am

As improbable as it is that Porzingis will be traded, I think New York should try to pick a direction this offseason. They have no draft picks this offseason, and their roster is very thin. Meanwhile, they have a relatively small amount of cap space to work with.

If New York traded both Zinger and Melo they might end up in a better situation sooner than later.

So, my Porzingis offer is with the Celtics.

Celtics send: Amir, Rozier, #3, #16, #31, #35.
Knicks send Porzingis, Lopez

This is a multipurpose trade for New York as they get out of Lopez's contract by acquiring the non guaranteed contract of Amir. They also get a very solid and very young point guard in Rozier, as well as four draft picks in this year's draft. With the third pick they can draft Bender and hope he is another Porzingis, or at least very close.

Return to Trades and Transactions