PG13 to LAL with CHA

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

lelelazza8
Junior
And1: 15

PG13 to LAL with CHA 

Post#1 » by lelelazza8 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:35 pm

LAL
trade 2nd pick, Randle, Williams, 32nd pick and future 2nd round pick...
get PG13 and Hawes...
Why? get a superstar, and backup (stretch) 5
CHA
trade Hawes, J.Lamb and 22nd...
get L.Williams, 32nd and LAL future 2nd round pick...
Why? save money to resign Batum and Lee... and get a bench scorer... plus 2 second round pick...
IND
trade PG13...
get 2nd, 22nd, Randle and J.Lamb...
Why? If Pacers want rebuilt... 2nd, 20th, 22nd, Randle, Lamb, M.Ellis, Turner, Miles,G.Hill and L.Allen it's a good start...
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Re: PG13 to LAL with CHA 

Post#2 » by AingesBurner » Wed May 25, 2016 12:47 pm

Not enough for Indi at all, they will want Russell.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ingles is cooked.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#3 » by skones » Wed May 25, 2016 1:06 pm

Agreed with above. Think it takes Russell and 2 if LAL is serious about obtaining George.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,564

Post#4 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed May 25, 2016 1:16 pm

Yeah, that just isn't enough value for Indy.

But the Charlotte Lakers trade might be interesting on its own, perhaps with a little tweaking.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#5 » by Smitty731 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Feels light for Indiana to be honest. George looks like he is just about back to his pre-injury level. That means he's a top 10 guy in the league. I think they would need more.

Not sure why Charlotte is in here to be honest. They get nothing of value. At this point Lamb and Williams are almost equal. The rest is worst to send out than what they receive. And they don't need to save money to sign Batum and Lee. They have Bird Rights on both guys and can just go over the cap to get it done. Jordan isn't worried about the money.

I like it for the Lakers. This is the kind of deal they should be looking for if they are trading the pick and speeding up the rebuild.. Get a young star still in his prime. They just need to add more value to do it.
lelelazza8
Junior
And1: 15

Post#6 » by lelelazza8 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:35 pm

I think the 2nd pick has more value...
Ingram can become a player like Durant...
younger Durant 2.0, Randle and 22nd pick is a good return value for PG13...
obviously depends which type of player Ingram (or Simmons) will become... but i think both will become an all star players...
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#7 » by AingesBurner » Wed May 25, 2016 2:20 pm

lelelazza8 wrote:I think the 2nd pick has more value...
obviously depends which type of player Ingram (or Simmons) will become... but i think both will become an all star players...

BUT you are betting on the fact he becomes KD 2.0, Lakers are not getting players for less than market value anymore, it takes #2, Randle, and Russell, this trade will be similar to the Deron trade in value.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ingles is cooked.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#8 » by buckboy » Wed May 25, 2016 2:29 pm

lelelazza8 wrote:I think the 2nd pick has more value...

It's really not a good offer. I can think of a couple teams that would blow that offer out the water, particularly Boston.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#9 » by Slava » Wed May 25, 2016 2:49 pm

The Spencer Hawes - Lou Williams swap is the most interesting part of this deal.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Post#10 » by Wizop » Wed May 25, 2016 4:45 pm

lelelazza8 wrote:IND
trade PG13...
Why? If Pacers want rebuilt...

we do not.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#11 » by bleeds_purple » Wed May 25, 2016 5:24 pm

I don't see any scenario where the Pacers trade George. There's no angle where that makes sense.
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#12 » by Goner » Wed May 25, 2016 7:44 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:I don't see any scenario where the Pacers trade George. There's no angle where that makes sense.

Not with the Lakers, at least. Other teams might make interesting trade partners.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#13 » by bleeds_purple » Wed May 25, 2016 8:32 pm

Goner wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:I don't see any scenario where the Pacers trade George. There's no angle where that makes sense.

Not with the Lakers, at least. Other teams might make interesting trade partners.

I'd go far as to say not a single team in the league would make an interesting trade partner.

George is 26 and entering his prime. The only players around his value are untradeable themselves. And even if a team offered the kitchen sink in future assets, what incentive would Bird have to pull the trigger? He'd just be hoping one of those pieces becomes as good as George is right now.
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#14 » by Goner » Wed May 25, 2016 8:36 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:
Goner wrote:

I'd go far as to say not a single team in the league would make an interesting trade partner.

George is 26 and entering his prime. The only players around his value are untradeable themselves. And even if a team offered the kitchen sink in future assets, what incentive would Bird have to pull the trigger? He'd just be hoping one of those pieces becomes as good as George is right now.

Utah could pull it off. Outside of them, though, probably no one.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#15 » by Karmaloop » Wed May 25, 2016 10:56 pm

buckboy wrote:It's really not a good offer. I can think of a couple teams that would blow that offer out the water, particularly Boston.

What exactly is this offer that Boston can provide that blows the Lakers' offer out of the water?

Smart = Randle
LAL 1st > BKN/BOS 1st

I mean, I guess that those future Nets pick are quite valuable, but they're also huge unknowns. I'm legitimately curious.
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#16 » by Karmaloop » Wed May 25, 2016 10:59 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:But the Charlotte Lakers trade might be interesting on its own, perhaps with a little tweaking.

Possibly, but unlikely. They're not taking on that much salary (an extra $5.8M in cap space used up), nor do they really want to add a no-defense center.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#17 » by buckboy » Wed May 25, 2016 11:17 pm

Karmaloop wrote:
buckboy wrote:It's really not a good offer. I can think of a couple teams that would blow that offer out the water, particularly Boston.

What exactly is this offer that Boston can provide that blows the Lakers' offer out of the water?

Smart = Randle
LAL 1st > BKN/BOS 1st

I mean, I guess that those future Nets pick are quite valuable, but they're also huge unknowns. I'm legitimately curious.

Smart
Crowder (very valuable flip piece)
18 Nets pick
Is already a better offer
Now add the 17 swap if you want
#16 this year
Bradley
Olynyk
Any of those could be added. Some more valuable than others.

Point is, if Boston were inclined, they could top anything the Lakers could offer imo.

Now, I'm not saying Boston WOULD offer that, but they could.

Also, Indiana says a quick no to LAL's offer I'd think. Simply not enough. Maybe an Indiana fan can chime in.

Edit: I still don't think that 4 piece Boston offer is enough either, but it's better than the Lakers offer. Only way they trade him is of he demands it anyway.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,564

Post#18 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed May 25, 2016 11:35 pm

Karmaloop wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:But the Charlotte Lakers trade might be interesting on its own, perhaps with a little tweaking.

Possibly, but unlikely. They're not taking on that much salary (an extra $5.8M in cap space used up), nor do they really want to add a no-defense center.

I offer 7-10m in cap space and a late 1st around like candy from Philly, but I could see the original (sub) trade of

CHA:

LAL:
trade Williams, 32nd pick and future 2nd round pick...
get Hawes {and 22 which was used to incentive Indy previously for sending PG to LAL}

3rd team (originally was Indy):
get J.Lamb...

With even a late 1st coming back in exchange of Lamb (26 from Philly).

So, in that sort of scenario Lakers take on $6,348,759 / $6,021,175 in exchange for 7m/7m, saving 650k and then 1m, while moving up in the draft 10 spots and moving their no defense guy from a positional glut to one without a glut.

If I were balancing it I would go:

CHA out: Hawes, J.Lamb and 22nd, future 2nd
CHA in: L.Williams, 26, 32nd

LAL out: Williams, 32nd pick:
LAL in Hawes, 22, future 2nd

Philly out: 26
Philly in: Lamb
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#19 » by Karmaloop » Thu May 26, 2016 1:41 am

buckboy wrote:Edit: I still don't think that 4 piece Boston offer is enough either, but it's better than the Lakers offer. Only way they trade him is of he demands it anyway.

I'd agree that it would take Paul George demanding a trade for the Pacers to move him, but I'd disagree about the Celtics being able to blow out the Lakers' offer. I'd definitely say they have more they could offer, but I don't think their pieces are anything particularly special outside of those potential Nets' picks. As I mentioned, I think Marcus Smart and Julius Randle have similar value. Both were picked around the same spot, and neither has really blown up the competition. As for the picks, I don't think there's going to be any argument that the 2nd pick is worth considerably more than the 3rd pick, and I don't feel the Nets' pick next year really changes that drastically especially since we have no idea where that pick will fall. So in summary:

Randle = Smart
#2 > #3 & 2017 Nets 1st

So I guess the question is does Jae Crowder make the difference between the two picks you offered? Personally, I'd say no. And Crowder probably isn't of much value to a rebuilding team, and probably a player that the Celtics want to keep around.

As for the rest of the Celtics' assets, Bradley falls in a similar boat to Crowder for me. Doesn't really have that kind of value to a rebuilding team, and the C's would probably be inclined to try and keep him. Olynyk isn't anything special, and really not much of a thrown in tbh. He's pretty much been the same player since he entered the league.

LIS, a Randle/#2/#32 trade is of roughly equal value for me as Smart/#3/Nets 1st/Crowder. Probably comes down to preference. But assuming the Lakers were willing to include D'Angelo Russell with the 2nd overall pick (something I don't think they're willing to do), then it really isn't a discussion as that kind of package offers the star power that the Celtics' package doesn't.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#20 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu May 26, 2016 2:29 am

lelelazza8 wrote:LAL
trade 2nd pick, Randle, Williams, 32nd pick and future 2nd round pick...
get PG13 and Hawes...
Why? get a superstar, and backup (stretch) 5
CHA
Why? save money to resign Batum and Lee... and get a bench scorer... plus 2 second round pick...
IND
trade PG13...
Why? If Pacers want rebuilt... 2nd, 20th, 22nd, Randle, Lamb, M.Ellis, Turner, Miles,G.Hill and L.Allen it's a good start...

Paul George is not getting traded! This is not even close. The Pacers have no interest in Randle, Lamb is redundant, the #2 pick gives us a player who may never be as good as PG and the #22 maybe an ok youngster. It's just not enough. LAL does not have the assets to acquire PG.

George will not be traded unless he demands it. Why should the Pacers rebuild when they were 12-15 games better than most prognosticators expected? Why not just keep working on improving? We don't even know if PG is at his peak yet.

Return to Trades and Transactions