Which teams will want Enes Kanter the most? What would your team give up this offseason?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Re: Which teams will want Enes Kanter the most? What would your team give up this offseason? 

Post#21 » by Golabki » Sun May 29, 2016 3:56 pm

I think OKC will put on him on the market and see if someone just makes a mistake and gives up a major asset (like a late lotto pick) for him. I think there's a decent chance someone will make that mistake, but who will do it is hard to know (Por, LAL, NYK?)

If the best offers are 2x 2nds I definitely think they keep him... unless they are someone using the cap space to sign a big name FA, but I'm not sure that's possible.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Re: Which teams will want Enes Kanter the most? What would your team give up this offseason? 

Post#22 » by Coeur » Sun May 29, 2016 4:42 pm

Golabki wrote:
Coeur wrote:
patman52 wrote:
For OKC yeah, for Bkn no. Kanter is not better than Lopez who they are already paying Kanter type money. If you include Cameron Payne they would bite.

Brooklyn wouldnt trade thad young for kanter? Hilarious- unless youre serious

Thad is cheaper, more flexible and I don't see Kanter as a vastly superior player to Young.

He is though. Enes is vastly superior to thaddeus young. 100 times out of 100
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#23 » by bondom34 » Sun May 29, 2016 7:25 pm

stitches wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
winter_mute_13 wrote:
D'Antoni is at the helm at Indiana? :-? Larry is on record as wanting to play faster and smaller though, which doesn't seem like Kanter.

But sure we have attractive trade pieces. How does Monta Ellis grab you? :D

Works for me.

Seriously though, would anybody beat what we got for him? OKC'18 first+DET'18 second+Tibor Pleiss? The more I think about it, the more it feels like somebody will give up more. For example, I wonder if BKN would give up Thad Young for him? Would that be a good deal?

A late first and early second?

Yeah I think so, they could get a useful real player. He came in 3rd in SMOY, someone will take the guy, I'd rather keep him but they've got like 4 near max deals due up.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,170

Post#24 » by jbk1234 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:26 pm

Coeur wrote:
Golabki wrote:
Coeur wrote:Brooklyn wouldnt trade thad young for kanter? Hilarious- unless youre serious

Thad is cheaper, more flexible and I don't see Kanter as a vastly superior player to Young.

Doesn't matter. The Nets have Lopez so there's no reason for them to do it.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#25 » by Andre Roberstan » Sun May 29, 2016 8:49 pm

Kevin6CD wrote:Baynes + 18 for Kanter and Payne. Pistons upgrade their bench scoring, and Kanter has enough range to play with Drummond against big lineups. Thunder improve their cap situation at the cost of turning Payne into a pick in a lesser draft. Don't think OKC does this exact deal, but it seems close compared to some of the offers in the thread.

Getting rid of Payne and salary dumping Kanter seems almost exactly opposite to Presti's modus operandi. I don't expect Payne to go out in anything less than a deal for that unicorn 3&D SG we want.
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#26 » by patman52 » Sun May 29, 2016 11:53 pm

Coeur wrote:
Golabki wrote:
Coeur wrote:Brooklyn wouldnt trade thad young for kanter? Hilarious- unless youre serious

He is a superior player that is signed to abad contract. Young isn't. Kanter plays center and the nets already have Lopez. are they better off with a center and a power forward or 2 centers and spending 8 more mill yearly.
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Post#27 » by Blazinaway » Sun May 29, 2016 11:58 pm

patman52 wrote:
Coeur wrote:
Golabki wrote:Thad is cheaper, more flexible and I don't see Kanter as a vastly superior player to Young.

He is a superior player that is signed to abad contract. Young isn't. Kanter plays center and the nets already have Lopez. are they better off with a center and a power forward or 2 centers and spending 8 more mill yearly.

Not that I want Kanter on the Blazers but after this offseason his contract is not going to look all that "bad" IMO
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Post#28 » by Norm2953 » Mon May 30, 2016 12:22 am

The Thunder will be an interesting team to watch this summer for depending how they do
in game 7, that's a team built to compete for years to come assuming they can sign
Durant and Westbrook in 2017. Kanter is a luxury now but if they lose Durant, OKC will
need his offense.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#29 » by Pinkyring » Mon May 30, 2016 3:09 am

Is Kanter a fit anywhere in today's nba? He's a poor defender, he's slow, and doesn't have any range, seems like a salary dump might be the only option, maybe throw in single singler too
patman52
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by patman52 » Mon May 30, 2016 3:18 am

Blazinaway wrote:
patman52 wrote:
Coeur wrote:He is though. Enes is vastly superior to thaddeus young. 100 times out of 100

Not that I want Kanter on the Blazers but after this offseason his contract is not going to look all that "bad" IMO

He will be 1/6th of any teams cap, I think that is still "all that bad"
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#31 » by ChuckDurn » Mon May 30, 2016 5:03 am

I'd love to see Philadelphia trade for him and keep Okafor, for the pure comic value of seeing Kanter and Okafor play defense together at some point. At that point, they'd be testing the possibility of having a Defensive Rating of 200......

EDIT: I'm in no way a fan of either Philadelphia or OKC, this is purely a "wouldn't this be hilarious" kind of scenario, not a real suggestion.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#32 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon May 30, 2016 5:41 am

getrichordie wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:I hope you aren't expecting a bidding war. I think he's movable but the return won't be anything to get excited about. As for your names:

Bulls -- maybe I guess.
Atlanta -- definitely not their kind of big
Houston -- ditto
Dallas -- terrible fit with Dirk, but I guess. Of course we have nothing to give you
Portland-- pretty sure they never wanted him and were doing his agent a favor
New Orleans -- are you willing to take back Asik? Because that would be a requirement.

Well, I mean, I believe Kanter is an attractive trade piece when the cap goes up for the RIGHT team.

Dallas has to be thinking about the future.

Agree with what you said about New Orleans.

Indiana could be a team that wants him with D'Antoni at the helm. They have some pieces that may be attractive. Indiana needs to make a splash to help out PG.

What has D'Antoni have to do with Indiana? The Pacers move McMillan up to Head Coach. I don't think the Pacers have any interest in him and if they do they wouldn't give much, maybe Stuckey and a 2nd.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by bondom34 » Mon May 30, 2016 5:46 am

patman52 wrote:
Blazinaway wrote:
patman52 wrote:

Which is basically a 10-12 mil contract now. Its an average starter/solid backup.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#34 » by Darren » Mon May 30, 2016 9:01 am

bondom34 wrote:
patman52 wrote:
Blazinaway wrote:

Which is basically a 10-12 mil contract now. Its an average starter/solid backup.

He's neither, I'm afraid. OKC can only get G.Monroe or B.Lopez who are similar player and burden. I am sure I want Joakim Noah over him at even less cap burden.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by bondom34 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:05 am

Darren wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
patman52 wrote:

He's neither, I'm afraid. OKC can only get G.Monroe or B.Lopez who are similar player and burden. I am sure I want Joakim Noah over him at even less cap burden.

He was 3rd in SMOY voting.

That's a pretty solid backup.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#36 » by winter_mute_13 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:43 am

Pinkyring wrote:Is Kanter a fit anywhere in today's nba? He's a poor defender, he's slow, and doesn't have any range, seems like a salary dump might be the only option, maybe throw in single singler too

I think the way OKC uses him now pretty much maximizes his value, i.e. as an off-the-bench-scorer. He's really very efficient in that role. But, he's a luxury for OKC right now. The question is whether any team can afford long term to have a max contract guy essentially be a situational player.

On another team he might be called upon to be a primary scorer, but then you'd need the right players around him to shore up his weaknesses. Is Kanter good enough that a team would basically decide to build around him? Possibly, but if so then I expect his career trajectory will be something like Al Jefferson's.
patman52
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by patman52 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:16 am

bondom34 wrote:
Darren wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Which is basically a 10-12 mil contract now. Its an average starter/solid backup.

He was 3rd in SMOY voting.

That's a pretty solid backup.

yes he is a pretty solid back up- but he is making 80% of max. He is a 8-10 mill a year player and he is getting twice that. You are asking a team to have one reserve making 18 mill and another one 2 mill, instead of having two 10 mill a year skill guys. The extra value he give you is removed by your ability to only pay the other rotation position 2 mill. Guys who are so overpaid also can create or contribute to tougher negotiations with your own players.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Post#38 » by Wizop » Mon May 30, 2016 12:09 pm

The money will look better soon. For Indy the question is how many minutes would we want to play him with Turner. The plan has been to pair Turner with a stretch four, but mac might like the bigger lineup.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Jon1798
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,477

Post#39 » by Jon1798 » Mon May 30, 2016 12:14 pm

Kanter is a fine player. But I want no part of him in NO. Honestly, Asik is a better fit next to AD than Kanter is. And I'm no Asik fan.
"This post wants out of New Orleans" - Woj
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#40 » by Laimbeer » Mon May 30, 2016 12:21 pm

Ross for Kanter. Both useful players on generous deals.

If they don't retain Biyombo, he could back up Val and pair up with him to go big. By my eye, he and Adams are a real pain on the offensive glass when they get paired.

The Monta Ellis deal makes sense, too.

Return to Trades and Transactions