Vogel and Hornacek Swap Centers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Vogel and Hornacek Swap Centers 

Post#1 » by sportscrazy » Sat May 28, 2016 2:23 pm

Simple Trade: Robin Lopez for Nikola Vucevic
Reason: Lopez fits Vogel's system better than Vucevic and Vucevic fits Hornacek's system better than Lopez.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Re: Vogel and Hornacek Swap Centers 

Post#2 » by coordinator0 » Sat May 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Vucevic is also a better player with a cheaper contract over the same span of years. New York would have to add more to that kind of deal, but I don't think the idea of it is bad.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,835

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Sat May 28, 2016 2:29 pm

yeah it does feel like the Magic need a little something more, but its hard to see what that could be. Logical deal tho especially if the Knicks entertain trading Melo.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#4 » by sportscrazy » Sat May 28, 2016 2:35 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:yeah it does feel like the Magic need a little something more, but its hard to see what that could be. Logical deal tho especially if the Knicks entertain trading Melo.

Not to side-track my own thread, but is there any realistic market for 'Melo? Let's say they get a combination of three young players/picks and cap relief for 'Melo.. maybe send one of the two lesser assets to Orlando?

Team X gets:
Carmelo Anthony

Knicks get:
Best Team X Asset
One Of The Lesser Team X Assets
Nikola Vucevic
Cap Relief

Magic get:
Robin Lopez
The Other Lesser Team X Asset
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#5 » by sportscrazy » Sat May 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Chicago Bulls get:
Carmelo Anthony
Jose Calderon

New York Knicks get:
Nikola Vucevic
Derrick Rose
Doug McDermott
Nikola Mirotic
14th Overall Draft Pick (via Chicago)
2018 Top 3 Protected Chicago Bulls First Round Draft Pick

Orlando Magic get:
Robin Lopez
Conditional Sacramento Kings Draft Pick (via Chicago)
2017 Houston Rockets Second Round Draft Pick (via New York)
2019 Houston Rockets Second Round Draft Pick (via New York)
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#6 » by SARGO127 » Sat May 28, 2016 4:00 pm

^ I'd consider this
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#7 » by j-ragg » Sat May 28, 2016 4:45 pm

I'd be happy with ^^ but someone just today on our board said how Vucevic is more valuable than Whiteside so obviously our fan base isn't gonna like it.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#8 » by Smitty731 » Sat May 28, 2016 6:06 pm

This Knicks probably need to add something else. Nothing major, but a minor asset to even out the value.

I like the fit both ways though.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,013

Post#9 » by R-DAWG » Sat May 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Don't like it for the Knicks. Better off with the defensive guy next to KP.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#10 » by winter_mute_13 » Sat May 28, 2016 8:25 pm

Nice trade.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#11 » by Pacersike » Mon May 30, 2016 7:52 pm

I don't know. I think it's a plus that the Knicks can go either with a center like Lopez or when Horny does want shooting, he can just use Porzingod as center. When the Knicks get Durant, Krustips will play there anyway :p
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,007

Post#12 » by Rockazoids » Mon May 30, 2016 8:25 pm

coordinator0 wrote:Vucevic is also a better player with a cheaper contract over the same span of years. New York would have to add more to that kind of deal, but I don't think the idea of it is bad.

Texas Chuck wrote:yeah it does feel like the Magic need a little something more, but its hard to see what that could be. Logical deal tho especially if the Knicks entertain trading Melo.

But from the Can somebody please explain why Nikola Vucevic trade value is so low topic... SMH
RollingWave wrote:Because bad defender's stigma in today's NBA is pretty big. and very few teams have success with their main scorer being bigs, it's just usually not efficient enough on that end anyway especially if he uses a lot of possession on terms of iso / post ups.

Cklbmk wrote:Rim protection isn't really replaceable from other positions. Offense is.

Bigs that can't play defense just don't have good value any more.

Golabki wrote:
Because teams care about 3 things -
1. Guys that can create shots for themselves and others
2. Guys that can shoot 3s
3. Guys that can defend
Vuc isn't good enough to do a lot of #1 on a good team and doesn't do 2 or 3. That makes him a good stats / bad team guy. He'd be great in a Kanter like role where he is like the 7th or 8th man in a rotation, but he's too expensive for that.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,819

Post#13 » by spree8 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:06 pm

sportscrazy wrote:Chicago Bulls get:
Carmelo Anthony
Jose Calderon

New York Knicks get:
Nikola Vucevic
Derrick Rose
Doug McDermott
Nikola Mirotic

Orlando Magic get:
Robin Lopez

I'd do this if I'm Phil...

DRose/ JGrant
Wroten/ Galloway
TPrince (14th)/ McDermott
Porzingis/ Mirotic
Vucevic/ Willy G/ O'Quinn

That team could have a chance to land a top 5 pick next year depending on DRose. With another top lotto player, and big money for FA next year, the team would have a chance to become respectable again.
taikibansei
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,636

Post#14 » by taikibansei » Mon May 30, 2016 11:46 pm

sportscrazy wrote:Simple Trade: Robin Lopez for Nikola Vucevic
Reason: Lopez fits Vogel's system better than Vucevic and Vucevic fits Hornacek's system better than Lopez.

If Lopez is traded, it will be for a guard. The Knicks have two bigs who can supply plenty of offense--Porzingis and Melo (the latter can play both small and power forward). Lopez does all the dirty work (blocking out, nasty screens, fighting hard for contested rebounds, etc.) that Melo and Porzingis won't/can't. The Knicks also have two back-up center/forwards (Quinn and Seraphin). Why trade Lopez to fill a need that doesn't exist, and especially for a guy who doesn't bring them anything they don't already have?

Getting at least one starting-caliber guard has to be the priority. Afflalo, at this point in his career (31), would be a decent backup (hopefully somewhere else). Calderon is older, slower and even less capable. Together, they made for one the worst performing starting guard tandems in the NBA last season. As he is one of the few tradeable assets for the Knicks, any Lopez trade needs to be part of a solution to this problem.
THIN MAN HAS NO HEART!
taikibansei
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,636

Post#15 » by taikibansei » Mon May 30, 2016 11:52 pm

sportscrazy wrote:Chicago Bulls get:
Carmelo Anthony
Jose Calderon

New York Knicks get:
Nikola Vucevic
Derrick Rose
Doug McDermott
Nikola Mirotic

Orlando Magic get:
Robin Lopez

I'd do this too for the Knicks--they get to dump Calderon, get two first round picks and a number of potentially tradeable assets. Don't see why the Bulls or the Magic (or Melo who has a NTC) would go for it, but who am I to argue? :D
THIN MAN HAS NO HEART!

Return to Trades and Transactions