Two Kanter trades Featuring NO and Minnesota.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Two Kanter trades Featuring NO and Minnesota. 

Post#1 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue May 31, 2016 4:48 am

Trade one: Kanter for Tyke and Asik.

Why for OKC? They get a super sixth man in Tyke who can come in and take control of the bench unit while Russ and KD are resting and can be relied on to jumpstart the offense if need be as well as a really nice defensive role player in Asik who can match up well with the few dominant post threats in the league.
Why for NO? Kanter is a good match beside AD seeing that AD can space the floor and cover his defensive incompetence.

Trade two: Kanter for Dieng, Pek, and Bejelica.

Why for OKC? They get two really nice role playing bigs that can fill Kanter's scoring role as well as gamble on Pek and if he medically retires it frees up a lot of money earlier than Kanter would, and if he comes back healthy, they get an awesome low post bruiser.
Why for Minnesota? Dump Pek, and in a similar way to NO, Kanter is a good match due to KAT being able to cover him defensively.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Two Kanter trades Featuring NO and Minnesota. 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Tue May 31, 2016 4:55 am

Love the first one, not so much the second. As nice as Dieng would be I don't think Pek's deal is one I'd take back for him.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#3 » by Andre Roberstan » Tue May 31, 2016 4:58 am

First is great, second is awful. Pek is always injured, and if anything we need more wings, not more bigs.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#4 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue May 31, 2016 5:14 am

bondom34 wrote:Love the first one, not so much the second. As nice as Dieng would be I don't think Pek's deal is one I'd take back for him.

Pek's deal was included moreso just for OKC to bet on him medically retiring and opening up money by the time Adams would need an extension. I understand the disdain towards it though. Also, OKC's bigs are deep enough to where if Pek is ever available they can afford to play him for 20 minutes at the most and actually use him on restricted minutes.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
MNRunLeft
Starter
And1: 362

Post#5 » by MNRunLeft » Tue May 31, 2016 5:19 am

Not interested in Kanter coming to MN, don't think his skills fill what the Wolves are looking for.
Walmart
Starter
And1: 1,318

Post#6 » by Walmart » Tue May 31, 2016 5:26 am

First trade has to be an easy yes from OKC and saves them money they would have spent on Waiters.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,967

Post#7 » by Domejandro » Tue May 31, 2016 7:28 am

bondom34 wrote:Love the first one, not so much the second. As nice as Dieng would be I don't think Pek's deal is one I'd take back for him.

If you guys could get Gorgui Dieng and Nemanja Bjelica for Enes Kanter, you have to take it, in my opinion, even with Pek's horrible deal. I am biased, but Gorgui Dieng's passing ability would be gorgeous next to Kevin Durant and Steven Adams (as well as Westbrook, though he is more of a creator himself).

Plus Nemanja Bjelimeister is a stud-muffin.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Tue May 31, 2016 7:35 am

Domejandro wrote:

If you guys could get Gorgui Dieng and Nemanja Bjelica for Enes Kanter, you have to take it, in my opinion, even with Pek's horrible deal. I am biased, but Gorgui Dieng's passing ability would be gorgeous next to Kevin Durant and Steven Adams (as well as Westbrook, though he is more of a creator himself).

Plus Nemanja Bjelimeister is a stud-muffin.

The problem would be keeping Dieng b/c his contract extension is the same year as Adams.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#9 » by Foye » Tue May 31, 2016 8:20 am

...yeah Kanter is exactly what a defensive minded coach like Thibs is looking for when aquiring players
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#10 » by freewhitemoon » Tue May 31, 2016 9:38 am

Minnesota's offense was above average this season even with Towns not being utilised properly. They need defense and shooting, the opposite of a guy like Kanter
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,986

Post#11 » by wolves_89 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:00 am

Dieng fits the Wolves much better than Kanter, so it makes sense to keep the player whose defense and shooting are the better compliment to Towns. The Wolves pass.
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#12 » by patman52 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:40 am

I agree that it makes no sense for Minny. Why spend 18 mill to back up Towns
wablty
Sixth Man
And1: 1,048

Post#13 » by wablty » Tue May 31, 2016 11:34 am

I think I prefer Dieng and Bjelica. Kind of feel like that would be selling low on Belly. His big problem last year was that he was constantly in foul trouble and couldn't stay on the floor/got inconsistent minutes. At times he showed he could rebound. He could get hot for long stretches of time. He can pass. He's athletic for 6'10".

Best of all, he's dirt cheap for a while. I don't want to trade a guy I think you can probably play 25+ mpg when he's only making about $4 mil .
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#14 » by Smitty731 » Tue May 31, 2016 12:56 pm

The first one makes some sense. Especially if Waiters is moving on. Evans takes that spot and he also adds the value of being able to run the point some too. Asik's contract, while still not good, isn't as onerous for a team that doesn't project to have cap space anyway. And Kanter is a nice fit next to Davis in NO.

The second one isn't as good for OKC. Dieng and Adams are duplicative and both need paid at the same time. Pekovic has no value at all and is a huge negative. And Bjelica doesn't help nearly as much to make up for the other problems.

I do like Kanter next to Towns. Not sure it is how I would Minnesota's money, but the fit isn't bad.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,821

Post#15 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 31, 2016 1:06 pm

I don't like the first one either. And not because of Asik, tho OKC wouldn't be the ideal location for him. Nope its Tyreke. His career to date has solidified one thing: to get the best from him, you have to give him the ball. Well OKC isn't going to do that. So his utility isn't great. Yeah you could make him the 6th man, and he could help during the RS, but in the playoffs his role would be reduced greatly with Durant/KD each playing 40+.

Minnesota deal doesn't work for either side obviously.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#16 » by pelifan » Tue May 31, 2016 1:30 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I don't like the first one either. And not because of Asik, tho OKC wouldn't be the ideal location for him. Nope its Tyreke. His career to date has solidified one thing: to get the best from him, you have to give him the ball. Well OKC isn't going to do that. So his utility isn't great. Yeah you could make him the 6th man, and he could help during the RS, but in the playoffs his role would be reduced greatly with Durant/KD each playing 40+.

Minnesota deal doesn't work for either side obviously.

He has never had great headcoaches or great talent around him though. I could see a world where he fits with those guys. I don't know if the numbers back me up on this but he's always looked good to me attacking close outs or catching the ball on the move. You don't get to see it much as he's been the alpha by necessity everywhere else he's been.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,821

Post#17 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 31, 2016 1:38 pm

pelifan wrote:
He has never had great headcoaches or great talent around him though. I could see a world where he fits with those guys. I don't know if the numbers back me up on this but he's always looked good to me attacking close outs or catching the ball on the move. You don't get to see it much as he's been the alpha by necessity everywhere else he's been.

Oh I understand the teams he's played on. And I don't actually mind him as a ball-dominant 6th man. Just not on the Thunder specifically. For instance I think he's an upgrade to Turner for Boston and I wouldn't mind seeing them use a couple of their smaller assets to bring him in particularly if Turner gets a big offer elsewhere. I'd like him in Toronto, New York, Memphis, and would love him with the Clippers.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions